22 Carnival Cruise Passengers Robbed in Puerto Vallarta

LauraS

Thank you for that comment. I think one of the big problems with the Mexican Riviera for cruising are the tour companies used by the cruise lines. My wife and I took the City and Beach tour in PV last year that we booked through Carnival. We just went from overpriced shop to overpriced shop (probably giving "mordida" - kickbacks) to the tour companies, and then to a way overpriced restaurant on the beach. We complained about it to the Excursion Desk, but they just shrugged and did nothing.

My first Mexican Rivera cruise was in the Carnival Pride. I have had similar experiences with the ship's excursions even then.

The last time I ported in PV I took a cab to the Malecon. We walked freely, shopped and dined for several hours. We loved it, and felt very safe. As always, we stayed in the busy areas and didn't stray far. This is what I enjoy about cruising ... hope things improve in Mexico, but I doubt it soon.

eek!

just watched a segment on a newschannel i've come to trust.

one of the 22 was interviewed, and states that she has yet to hear from carnival, has not been helpful, and that during the ideal, all the passengers were told to put their bags out to go through.....all but the tour "driver". all while travelling to an area not described in the tour outline.

she also states that she feels this was a set up.

the reporter then stated this victim's husband called "paul", the tour guide on the ship, whose conversation was cutoff in the middle of the conversation, and can no longer be reached since.

eek!

just watched a segment on a newschannel i've come to trust.

one of the 22 was interviewed, and states that she has yet to hear from carnival, has not been helpful, and that during the ideal, all the passengers were told to put their bags out to go through.....all but the tour "driver". all while travelling to an area not described in the tour outline.

she also states that she feels this was a set up.

the reporter then stated this victim's husband called "paul", the tour guide on the ship, whose conversation was cutoff in the middle of the conversation, and can no longer be reached since.

This is still in the news a week later?

well, the ship had to return, and the news people had to then track them down. this broadcast, they tracked down 2.

Did they at least shy away from the 'armed gang storming the bus' that some news outlets were reporting this week still?

Archived