Costa Allegra caught fire and now adrift

Mikel1733

Just quoting the first line of the news article. I assume they must be using "sister" ship to indicate it is part of the Costa fleet

Shows you how ignorant the press is (like THAT'S news, lol). Sister ships are identical and from the same class. The Allegra is no more a sister to the Concordia than the Fantasy is to the Conquest. Jeeze. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They news is saying the Allegra is a a sister ship to Concordia

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/costa-concordia-sister-ship-adrift-745145

I don't know if the Allegra has any sister ships but it's definately not the Concordia. And I believe the only sister ship the Concordia has is the Carnival Splendor.

I don't know if the Allegra has any sister ships but it's definately not the Concordia. And I believe the only sister ship the Concordia has is the Carnival Splendor.

The Allegra had a sister ship named Costa Marina and she was recently sold to a new cruise line in Korea named Harmony Cruises as the Club Harmony. Rumor was the Allegra was the next to be sold to this cruise line.

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/FU/FU_EN_15.jsp?cid=1536393

I wouldnt go that far...just hasn't been a good year for Costa.

cruises cut short with the dreaded cruise plague: norovirus

capsizizing:worst in history

jumpers, inside and outside the ship

passengers robbed.

yes, a bad year for the first bunch of weeks of 2012. wonder what will happen on sadie hawkins day?

They news is saying the Allegra is a a sister ship to Concordia

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/costa-concordia-sister-ship-adrift-745145

incorrect!

She was built in 1969 and refurbished in 1992.

What new services do, to add to the hype, the glitz, is deem any ship owned/operated by the same cruise lines as being "sister ships".

As the ship is near the Sycheeles, I'd be a bit worried that the Somali pirates will reach the ship beofre it starts up again. If this happens, it could set the Mexican thugs back to the small print in local SoCal papers.

What new services do, to add to the hype, the glitz, is deem any ship owned/operated by the same cruise lines as being "sister ships".

As the ship is near the Sycheeles, I'd be a bit worried that the Somali pirates will reach the ship beofre it starts up again. If this happens, it could set the Mexican thugs back to the small print in local SoCal papers.

funny what's important for people to complain about.

"carnival concordia"

"sister ship"

my sister looks nothing like me, but she is my sister. a sister ship to most "non in the know people" is just another one in the line, not IDENTICAL TWIN to a particular class.

and besides, who cares? none of it changes the story that another ship in on fire and is now dead in the water.

and let's celebrate that there was no loss of life, and the fire has been extinguished, and the shp will probably sail again.

the brand costa, though, is not doing too well though. wonder how long it will survive.

off to see the carnival spin on facebook.......

funny what's important for people to complain about.

"carnival concordia"

"sister ship"

my sister looks nothing like me, but she is my sister. a sister ship to most "non in the know people" is just another one in the line, not IDENTICAL TWIN to a particular class.

and besides, who cares? none of it changes the story that another ship in on fire and is now dead in the water.

and let's celebrate that there was no loss of life, and the fire has been extinguished, and the shp will probably sail again.

the brand costa, though, is not doing too well though. wonder how long it will survive.

off to see the carnival spin on facebook.......

Nevermind, reread what you wrote ;) My bad :D

Archived