Ft. Lauderdale Caribbean Princess & Taxis

sam9351

Taxis are in abundance at the airport ready to take you to the ship or hotel. The airport is only about a 10 -15 minute ride to the ship terminal and will cost you less that $15, I cannot remember exactly how much they charge.

The same goes for when you get off of the ship, there are taxi's lined up ready to take you back. You should have no problem, in fact you will get to and from the airport much faster this way then waiting for the transfer busses. Fort Lauderdale is a very easy place to get around.

It was a nightmare when I disembarked the Caribbean Princess on Dec.11th 2004. I could not believe the chaos! Verbal fights were breaking out in the cab line.

To follow up on Toto2Kansas's suggestion...find a porter willing to guarantee you INTO a cab and tip him well!;)

Getting from the airport to your destination is a piece of cake!

Have a great cruise!:)

We took cab too and from the CP in January. We were going to hotels, though, not the airport. Getting there was a piece of cake. Disembarking was another story. As soon as we got off the boat, we were directed to wait in line, but the port employee who was monitoring that line was directing cabs to the BACK of the line. When we tried to explain to him that the people in the front had been waiting in line for a long time, he said that wasn't his problem, and continued pointing drivers to the rear, where the most aggressive people got rides, while the people in the front of the line were in no-man's land. I'm not sure how you could avoid this problem.

We walked off the Sun Princess on Monday and then walked slightly to the left where there was a line of taxi's. There is a "dispatcher" who directed us to the next taxi in line. All in all it took less then a minute. Fare to airport was $13 including tip. Of course, fares depend on traffic and time of day. There was no chaos or disorganization at all.

Archived