Oasis: difference between balcony cabin and JS

JS's also have a bathtub where as a balcony has only a shower.

The JS is much larger and you do notice the roominess.

You also get a kettle and coffee maker in the JS.

JS get double cruise credits.

My rule of thumb is this. If the upgrade to a JS is around $35.00 per day, per person I upgrade. Otherwise I stay in my balcony room.

We're currently booked in a D8 balcony cabin, and I have been watching prices like a hawk as I would love to upgrade to a JS for a good price. I fully expect to end up in the very cabin I booked, because it's doubtful the JS prices will ever drop low enough for me to consider. An extra $1800+ isn't worth it to me, but it may be for you.

We were disappointed in our balcony cabin on Allure. It seemed a little smaller and less convenient than the balcony cabins on Voyager/Freedom class. Closet placement was poor, sliding doors are inconvenient, safe in the closet instead of over the desk, fewer drawers for storage, no drawers in nightstands. My opinion is that they took a step backward in the balcony design from Voyager/Freedom.

Bear in mind that these are pretty minor complaints overall, and did not significantly affect our cruise experience. It was just a bit of a surprise that the flagships of the fleet would not have a superior stateroom design to the older ships.

I appreciate everyone's insight. The tub v. shower thing isn't a big deal to me, but the double cruise credits would surely be a nice way to start our Crown & Anchor career.

I thought the cabins looked a little tight in the photo. I'm very curious because we will be on the Oasis a year almost to the day from our family cruise last year on the Disney Dream and I know their cabin sizes are generous. I wasn't sure if that was just me comparing the sizes of the two ships or not.

Please correct me if I am wrong: all those fun extras for suite guests only happen at a higher level of suite? The JS levels are not included? So the upgrade from Balc to JS would be specifically what is in the two rooms and balcony, nothing else?

I appreciate everyone's insight. The tub v. shower thing isn't a big deal to me, but the double cruise credits would surely be a nice way to start our Crown & Anchor career.

I thought the cabins looked a little tight in the photo. I'm very curious because we will be on the Oasis a year almost to the day from our family cruise last year on the Disney Dream and I know their cabin sizes are generous. I wasn't sure if that was just me comparing the sizes of the two ships or not.

Please correct me if I am wrong: all those fun extras for suite guests only happen at a higher level of suite? The JS levels are not included? So the upgrade from Balc to JS would be specifically what is in the two rooms and balcony, nothing else?

Correct, all the major suite amenities start at a Grand Suite (GS). I believe you do get robes and priority check-in in a JS.

Have not been on Oasis YET, but ... on the ExOS had a Jr. Suite. It was nice having a "living room", but, the biggest advantage to me was the walkin closet. You could actually go in and use it as a changing room.

The standard cabins on Oasis/Allure are smaller than on Freedom and Voyager class, depending on the catagory.....

A JS is most like a hotel-sized room.

If you've been on Disney, they do have some of the larger standard cabins...along with most of Carnival's ships. RCI has lots of interesting public spaces, but their cabins are on the smaller size, tho they are well-designed.

Is it just two of you in the cabin? If there are more, you might want to consider connecting rooms - you will have more space and two bathrooms. If it's just two of you, it's all preference on how you want to spend your money, and whether the cost difference is worth it to you to upgrade. You probably won't spend too much time in your cabin on the Oasis!

Archived