room location

vbecky

Has anyone ever had room 8259 on the verandah on Triumph? Thinking of upgrading to a balcony from my ocean view room. Is there a big difference in ship movement etc. going from middle on main floor vs. mid/front of verandah? Any input thoughts appreciated thanks

Also When coming into port any suggestions on which side of ship to be on? Thanks

It will really depend on the seas. The side to side will definitely be more noticeable at higher levels. Up and down won't be much more punctuated.

I am going to be in 8405 in a few days, so I hope we get good swells so I can sleep better. The rougher the weather, the better I sleep. It's a gift.

Mid ship, both directions is always best (IMO). 8259 isn't exactly mid ship, but close enough I would think. The only thing I might worry about is the Lido above you, but depending on what's above you exactly, it may or may not be an issue. I don't know that ship, but I'm sure that others that do will come and give you some good advice.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was mid/front on Verandah in a balcony on the Glory...I know different ship...but we didn't notice any movement and I get seasick easily. We were in an inside midship on Empress deck on the Fascination and when I went all the way forward to do laundry, I could REALLY feel that ship moving. And the Verandah deck is an awesome location being only 1 deck below the Lido (though you may want to get a cabin under other cabins and not under the pool or chairs).

Just looked and 8259 has cabins above it, so that's good. And it's almost where our cabin was located, except we were on the other side of the ship. One thing I should mention is that we could hear music playing in the lobby every now and then. It wasn't too bad and didn't go too late...only 1 time could we still hear it when we went to bed (around 11pm that one night), but with the TV on you couldn't hear it.

So what about the back of the ship on the emperess deck? Sorry for all the questions have always been In the middle of ship so just wondering if upgrading to balcony is worth it or not thanks.

That would be a more quiet location being sandwiched between decks of all cabins. We've been at the back before and didn't feel too much movement. I think the bottom decks would feel a lot of vibration at the back of the ship, but being on the Empress deck shouldn't be too bad. And the 8Cs aren't all the way at the back of the ship...if you're looking at an 8C. I think getting a balcony is worth it...we had our first one on our last cruise and I don't ever want anything else again. But, DH wasn't as impressed and still prefers an inside cabin...to save some $$$. My upcoming cruise is with my mom...in a balcony :-)

Archived