Issue with pool towels

bedfordmom

On the Explorer last week I was amused to see the old faded Blue and White pool towels being "nested" on the pool deck the first nice day. I imagine they were quite embarassed to discover the towels they had stolen on the previous cruise no longer matched the light blue ones the ship was now handing out. They stood out like sore thumbs.:D

I doubt people who steal pool towels embarrass easily.:rolleyes:

I understand why they do this... yada yada yada... I don't like it but whatever.

Piggybacking on what Ander026 said, why can't Royal just do what Carnival does? If there are two people in your cabin, Carnival has 2 beach/pool towels waiting for you when you board. You can of course exchange for dry ones on deck whenever you want, but if they're soiled, your cabin steward will exchange them for you at night. Then, at the end of the cruise, you're responsible for those 2 towels being left in your room.

It's not that different than RCI (the concept is the same), but it's a lot more convenient IMO than having to do the whole sign in / out song and dance in the pool deck.

This is exactly the way that RCI USED to do it.

Archived