Changing cruise after final payment

Topo Gigio

Is this possible?

Let's say I have a cruise on ship X in 3 weeks and I want to go on ship Y instead (same dates) is this possible?

You MAY have luck if the "Y" cruise is the same price or more $$$$ than the "X" cruise but they are not obligated at all to let you switch after final payment.

Let us know how it all works out. I have been curious about this as well.

Seems like I read something here from a cruiser that was allowed to switch because the cruise they wanted to switch to was more money.

It's possible, but I assume you're really asking if you can do it without penalty. Officially, no. But I have read if people being able to do it, so it never hurts to ask.

And if you find a cruise more to your liking that's less expensive by $500pp, then you still come out ahead if you only stand to lose your deposit (and you aren't in a full suite), if you are at the lose-your-deposit-only stage and that was the deposit amount (longer cruises have higher deposits).

But also consider whether you may lose OBC or other benefits, since technically you would be canceling your original reservation and booking a new one.

The bottom line is that it can't hurt to ask - the worst is that they'll say no.

Archived