Taking water on Freedom of the Seas

My wife and I want to take bottled water with us and after doing my homework here I know that many people are successful getting water on board if it is still in the case. We just want to take a 12 pack with us for the week.

My question is, What is the best way to get it on board? I have read that some have success with putting a luggage tag on the case and putting it with the luggage, and others leave the case together but pack it in a suitcase. Personally, I would feel slightly embarrassed carrying a case of water when the rule is clearly no outside beverages.

All advice and experiences are appreciated. Thanks

Just go to a big store like Target, Walmart, and buy a water bottle with a filter in it. Brita and some others companies make it. Takes all the chlorine and other taste out, and is light and easy to pack and cost about $9 and last a long time. Used one on our last two cruises.

We packed a 12 pack in our carryon/roll on. Did not have a problem. We drink ship water on board but like disposable bottles to take into port. Did not have any problems with it at all.

I figured worst case they take it away and I am out what 5 bucks.

Confiscated on my March, 2011, Voyager of the seas but not on others -- perhaps because it was still Spring Break season.

If they confiscate it do you get it back at the end of the cruise?

I am rather curious. I know this is a sore subject and I'll need some water to put out the flames, but...

RCI sells water, juice, and soda on board for $$. Why is it that no one gets upset when people take this type of stuff on board but send a person walking the plank for taking booze aboard? :confused:

We each carried a six pack of water in a Walgreens bag. If it was checked I worried they would hold my bag. They did not even look in the bag.

I know some people like the ship's water, personally I do not. There is nothing wrong with it, it is just the taste.

Just go to a big store like Target, Walmart, and buy a water bottle with a filter in it. Brita and some others companies make it. Takes all the chlorine and other taste out, and is light and easy to pack and cost about $9 and last a long time. Used one on our last two cruises.

I second this!!!

We love these Brita bottles also when we have arline transfers. We bring empty botles with us and fill them at the airports. Sure beats paying $ 2+ for a small bottle.

Archived