Norwegian Star March 25

We have a group of 14 traveling on this cruise. None of us are familiar with "freestyle" dining. How difficult will it be to get reservations for dinner with this size group? We're willing to break up to 8/6 if needed. We don't want to stand around and wait. Would it do any good to try and tip the maitre' d extra at the start of the cruise?

I see that there are several dining choices that are no extra charge. Are these worth trying?

We have a group of 14 traveling on this cruise. None of us are familiar with "freestyle" dining. How difficult will it be to get reservations for dinner with this size group? We're willing to break up to 8/6 if needed. We don't want to stand around and wait. Would it do any good to try and tip the maitre' d extra at the start of the cruise?

I see that there are several dining choices that are no extra charge. Are these worth trying?

For those dinners that you all would like to eat together, you can make reservations in the Main Dining Rooms. (Over 8 in party can make reservations) You will have to eat early or late but will be able to make a reservation. You will probably have to split into two tables near each other since I do not think any table holds 14 people.

You can make reservations in any of the venues for your group BUT do it as soon as you can. Some of the specialty resturants like LeBistro only seat around 60 people ( keep in mind those are extra fee venues). It would be great for an adults only night :D Plus make sure the kids sign up with the kids program when you board.

The "free" dining choices are two main dining rooms, same menu, one larger than the other. Buffet and "fast food" type dining, i.e. wings, salads, burgers etc. Either MDR probably could accommodate your group, but the large one would probably be best. Most of the extra cost dining would take multiple/several tables.

You will be able to make a reservation at either of the main dining rooms for either 5pm (or when the dining room opens) or after 8pm. A group of 14 will likely be accommodated in a long banquet style table in the Aqua (the more casual of the two dining rooms). In the Versaille, you'll probably have two adjacent banquet style tables. Reservations can be made at the dining desk near guest services same day (up until 5pm for after 8pm reservations).

If your group is dining early, you can probably just go to the restaurant and get seating immediately, although the table make up may be more spread out.

I think you'll find the dining room crew on the Star to be quite adaptable and accommodating to larger groups (I had a very positive experience last month traveling with 11).

Archived