carrying on water

vbecky

Last couple times I cruised I put a luggage tag on a case of water and gave to the porter along with tip of course and it was delivered with our luggage. Anyone know if you can still do this?

There were eight of us on the Valor in Miami in February. We had several 12 packs of soda and a case of water. We attached a luggage tag to the water and the porter refused to take it. He said we we either had to carry it on and pack it around until our room was available or we had to put it our luggage. So, we opened our suitcases on the dock, split the water up and sent our bags on their merry way. Rather disappointing that we couldn't attached the luggage tag. Needless to say, it was probably more difficult for them--our bags weighed a ton and were front heavy so they could not stand on their own.

Oct 2011 on Liberty in Miami...I had a large suitcase packed with water and soda. I planned on wheeling it onboard with me. When I went to retrieve the suitcase from the van, the porter told me he could take it. I told him that it was water and pop. He said no problem. He added a "heavy" tag to the bag and off it went. He doubled his tip...because it was heavy and now I didn't have to roll it onboard and then wait for the cabins to clear. The suitcase arrived with the others and a paper was inside stating that it had been opened and inspected, but all was well.

Greg

Archived