Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Everybody's talkin' 'bout this Richard Spacey guy, and I'm certain that he's great (I've never seen him, myself)....but where are the Marc Walker fans out there?!? He's a great guy, and the most fun CD that Monarch ever had. Marc knows how to keep the fun going on the 3/4 day itineraries. Glad that he'll be taking over Enchantment in June, but sad that he won't be there when I board on 5/10. :(

There are plenty of Marc Walker fans on this thread too! Scan back a few pages.

Grandeur CD=Jimmy Rhodes
Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush begins April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - ship is in drydock now. Who will be the CD from May 6 through July 16? Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started April 24 (for approx. 4 months?). He will be the regular CD of Grandeur for a few contracts

Independence OTS - Rob McNally until May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney (dates?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, then Gordon Whatman

Navigator OTS - Keith Williams March 30 through April 21 Who is the CD now? (Simona Ferraiuolo?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through "sometime in June". Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for an overlap...info comes directly from Graham, a few pages back on this thread)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Who is the CD now, for the summer season in Europe (Bill Brunkhorst?) João Pereira for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

I'm quite surprised that you have been cruising for 5 years on Royal, but have only been on CC for 2 weeks and don't know anything about Richard Spacey!!!!!!!!! He is a LEGEND on Royal!!! No matter what ship/ships you've been on, everyone talks about Richard! He is always mentioned as one of the top 2 Cruise Directors in the entire Royal fleet. The other 1 is always highly debated/argued about :D!!!! You will not be disappointed!!! Many cruisers pick their week/weeks of cruising based on when Richard will be on duty!!! They don't want to miss a minute of his antics!!! As always, liking the CD is subjective, but I've always enjoyed him! Hopefully you will too!

- Miriam

I've cruising with RCI for 18 years and know nothing about him. Bobby Brown is my favorite, but honestly the CD isn't a reason to book or avoid a cruise for me.

Everybody's talkin' 'bout this Richard Spacey guy, and I'm certain that he's great (I've never seen him, myself)....but where are the Marc Walker fans out there?!? He's a great guy, and the most fun CD that Monarch ever had. Marc knows how to keep the fun going on the 3/4 day itineraries. Glad that he'll be taking over Enchantment in June, but sad that he won't be there when I board on 5/10. :(

Here! The first time we sailed with him, I wanted to stuff hid "Bing Bong" down his throat, as it was endless. A couple of years later he had toned it down a lot and was fabulous. But I'm still a Bobby fan first.

I've cruising with RCI for 18 years and know nothing about him. Bobby Brown is my favorite, but honestly the CD isn't a reason to book or avoid a cruise for me.

Here! The first time we sailed with him, I wanted to stuff hid "Bing Bong" down his throat, as it was endless. A couple of years later he had toned it down a lot and was fabulous. But I'm still a Bobby fan first.

I LOVE Bobby, too. I do miss Dan Dan the party man who has taken on the new Chinese name. I was disappointed Bobby was going to take his place on Radiance but liked Bobby from the start. We don't plan to go to Australia again anytime soon or not soon so who knows when we'll see Bobby again. :(

Gina

We're big fans, as well. We'll be seeing them (Becky and Bobby) in a little over a week from now. :) While I enjoy the good cruise directors, they do not make or break the cruise for me.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - ship is in drydock now. Who will be the CD from May 6 through July 16? Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Grandeur OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started on April 24 (for approx. 4 months?). He will be the regular CD of Grandeur for a few contracts

Independence OTS - Rob McNally until May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Navigator OTS - Who is the CD now? (Simona Ferraiuolo?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a transitional overlap)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Who is the CD now, for the summer season in Europe (Bill Brunkhorst?) João Pereira for the winter season in South America

I'm on VI in the terminal at Amsterdam and trying to catch up. Noticed the q re BR and I have a guess. Keith told me he was heading to JW for (exactly) the dates in question. Could he be filling in for Carly and Carly going to BR?

Interesting! Especially since I am going on the Jewel in 3 weeks.

Is Keith on the Vision now? (I thought Mike was still there)

Thanks for posting from Amsterdam, Beth! Bon Voyage!

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Brilliance OTS - ship is in drydock now. Who will be the CD from May 6 through July 16? (will it be Carly coming over from Jewel?) Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Grandeur OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started on April 24 (for approx. 4 months?). He will be the regular CD of Grandeur for a few contracts

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown) (Will Keith Williams be taking over from Carly from May 6 through July 21?)

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a transitional overlap)

Dying to know who will take over after Ricky ends in September as we're doing the 12 night Med in October!

Now this is a rare post from me, as I normally do not post negative things about Cruise Directors, and whilst I accept that some people could not care less about them or even want to know who they are, I do.

I believe that a good CD can really influence a cruise experience, and by good I do not only mean their own actions but also they way they lead and energise their team.

So that said, I was really dissapointed with Casey the CD on The Serenade on our recent cruise, he was practically invisable. Sure he turned up on stage to announce the artists but showed no energy or interest. He left alot of stuff to his Activities manager Tim who really tried hard, the morning show was simply poor. and whenever he or the cruise staff walked through any lounge on the ship they did not interact with any guests. This was a 15 night cruise with many days at sea, and for a CD to be so uninterested in guest activity and enjoyment is bizzare.

Royal has many hard working energetic Cruise Directors, Casey is not one of them :mad:

Hi Donna, I recvd a msg from Allan Brooks this evening and he said that he will be doing a quick 1wk fill in on the Oasis May 25 - Jun 1. So per his words he will be the CD on my upcoming cruise. I think I can live with this as every response I recvd regarding him here was great. Looking forward to a great cruise in 20 days now!!!:)

Now this is a rare post from me, as I normally do not post negative things about Cruise Directors, and whilst I accept that some people could not care less about them or even want to know who they are, I do.

I believe that a good CD can really influence a cruise experience, and by good I do not only mean their own actions but also they way they lead and energise their team.

So that said, I was really dissapointed with Casey the CD on The Serenade on our recent cruise, he was practically invisable. Sure he turned up on stage to announce the artists but showed no energy or interest. He left alot of stuff to his Activities manager Tim who really tried hard, the morning show was simply poor. and whenever he or the cruise staff walked through any lounge on the ship they did not interact with any guests. This was a 15 night cruise with many days at sea, and for a CD to be so uninterested in guest activity and enjoyment is bizzare.

Royal has many hard working energetic Cruise Directors, Casey is not one of them :mad:

I am going to be on Serenade in June. Does anyone have anything good to say about Casey??

Hi Donna, I recvd a msg from Allan Brooks this evening and he said that he will be doing a quick 1wk fill in on the Oasis May 25 - Jun 1. So per his words he will be the CD on my upcoming cruise. I think I can live with this as every response I recvd regarding him here was great. Looking forward to a great cruise in 20 days now!!!:)

Brilliance OTS - ship is in drydock now. Who will be the CD from May 6 through July 16? (will it be Carly coming over from Jewel?) Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown) (Will Keith Williams be taking over from Carly from May 6 through July 21?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through May 25. Then, Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Would love to know the CD situation on the Vision. I can't believe Mike will still be on, but have heard nothing about a change (other than some guesses). Sailing next month.

It's hard to say - a usual contract is 4 months, which would bring him to approx May 15, but it is not unheard of for CDs to have longer contracts, like 6 months or more, especially during the summer.

Can you find Mike on social media, and send him a message asking how much longer he expects to be onboard, and who the next CD will be? Alternatively, you can post on the roll call for the next sailing and see if anyone can find out the same info from Mike or one of the activities staff.

Sorry to hear that about your CD experience, PARTICULARLY since it was a 15 dy sailing! Not that a Cruise Director should make/break a cruise, but one would expect far more than what you seemingly got. Oh well, hopefully you had a terrific time in spite of it all!:)

Thanks so much for letting us know.

I'm going to leave Gordon's name on the list for May 21 until we hear otherwise. Hopefully, his emergency will be resolved by then and he'll be able to join the ship.

News from the Mariner, Steve Davis is still on the ship until Dubai May 21st. Gordon Whatman had to leave on an emergency. I don't know who is taking over for Steve when he leaves on May 21st.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 21, then Gordon Whatman

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through May 25. Then, Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

It's hard to say - a usual contract is 4 months, which would bring him to approx May 15, but it is not unheard of for CDs to have longer contracts, like 6 months or more, especially during the summer.

Can you find Mike on social media, and send him a message asking how much longer he expects to be onboard, and who the next CD will be? Alternatively, you can post on the roll call for the next sailing and see if anyone can find out the same info from Mike or one of the activities staff.

Both good ideas. Thanks for waking my brain.

When Jewel sailed away today it sure sounded like Carly doing the muster drill.

Archived