Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Vision OTS - Topi from Finland started May 11

We was the activities manager when we were on board in February. He was full of energy, and always got the crowd involved. Even if most of them were well over the hill he got them going.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Who is the CD from May 6 through July 16? Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started on April 24 (for approx. 4 months?). He will be the regular CD of Grandeur for a few contracts

Independence OTS - Rob McNally until May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 21 (unclear if Gordon Whatman is able to return as the next CD as originally scheduled)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through May 25. Then, Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a transitional overlap)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Who is the CD now, for the summer season in Europe (Bill Brunkhorst?) João Pereira for the winter season in South America

James Andrews for Splendour Donna.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Brilliance OTS - Who is the CD from May 6 through July 16? Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Grandeur OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started on April 24 (for approx. 4 months?). He will be the regular CD of Grandeur for a few contracts

Independence OTS - Rob McNally until May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 21 (unclear if Gordon Whatman is able to return as the next CD as originally scheduled)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through May 25. Then, Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a transitional overlap)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - James Andrews for the European season, then João Pereira for the South American season

LOL...I cut Adventure off the top of some of the posts too! I have to be more careful with my cut-and-pasting!

I don't have info on the Voyager repositioning.

Seems Voyager has dropped off the bottom of the listing :-)

Interested in CD for Oct 24 Voyager repositioning Singapore to Sydney??

Splendour OTS - James Andrews for the European season, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Correction to my last CD on Brilliance is Keith williams.

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

James Andrews??? Is this a different one because James quit RCI a couple months ago and is now working in real estate in Australia. I can post links when I get home.

Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. James is shown on this website as working at the W Group, but with no current listings. His last Twitter post regarding real estate was April 26, which isn't that long ago. No Twitter mention of going back to RCI. http://www.w-group.com.au/search/profileagent.aspx?agtid=4412&fullprofile=true?agtid=4412

However, he posted a picture on Instagram today of a motorcycle called "Turkish pride and joy" and the Splendour was in Turkey today.

I wonder what happened and how/why he came back to RCI :confused: I'm glad he's back, but it did seem like he was pretty set on leaving to do other things.

Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. James is shown on this website as working at the W Group, but with no current listings. His last Twitter post regarding real estate was April 26, which isn't that long ago. No Twitter mention of going back to RCI. http://www.w-group.com.au/search/profileagent.aspx?agtid=4412&fullprofile=true?agtid=4412

However, he posted a picture on Instagram today of a motorcycle called "Turkish pride and joy" and the Splendour was in Turkey today.

I wonder what happened and how/why he came back to RCI :confused: I'm glad he's back, but it did seem like he was pretty set on leaving to do other things.

Hmmm....interesting.

The person who posted that info about James being on Splendour was posting from the ship, so that info is reliable.

Just when I learned about Mike Hunnerup from all you knowledgable people, I see he left the Vision and Topi is now the CD. We are sailing in a month so I assume he will still be on. Looks like he is newly promoted, but info regarding him as an activities director makes it look promising. I am one that doesn't mind if he doesn't get to know me as long as he does his job well. I personally think the CD makes a big difference in the entertainment portion of the cruise which is part of what I like about cruising.

Thanks everyone that gave input on Mike.

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

How about CD for Independence OTS in Dec 2013?

Really, it's way too soon to predict but I'd say that you have a good chance of having Joff. Unless something changes, he is the regular CD of that ship, and he generally has contracts of 4 months on followed by a 2 month break.

Just when I learned about Mike Hunnerup from all you knowledgable people, I see he left the Vision and Topi is now the CD. We are sailing in a month so I assume he will still be on. Looks like he is newly promoted, but info regarding him as an activities director makes it look promising. I am one that doesn't mind if he doesn't get to know me as long as he does his job well. I personally think the CD makes a big difference in the entertainment portion of the cruise which is part of what I like about cruising.

Thanks everyone that gave input on Mike.

I feel the same way!

If you (or anyone else) can let us know Topi's full name, I'd really appreciate it.

Bon Voyage, salboz!

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 21 Who is the next CD?

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Jimmie Rhodes announced at the farewell show that he was getting off Grandeur today and going to Mariner to take it to Asia. Don't know how long since he said he would be back for our September 6 cruise on Grandeur.

Jimmie Rhodes announced at the farewell show that he was getting off Grandeur today and going to Mariner to take it to Asia. Don't know how long since he said he would be back for our September 6 cruise on Grandeur.

Thanks for the info. I guess he's filling in for Gordon, who wasn't able to join Mariner as originally planned. Jimmy seems to be one of RCI's go-to CDs when they need emergency coverage.

I wonder who the new CD on Grandeur is?

Grandeur OTS - Who is the CD? Jimmy Rhodes was moved to fill-in on Mariner for a short time, but he should be back (exact date unknown) as the regular CD of Grandeur

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes starts May 19

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Archived