Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Hi. I am looking at the 9/29/2013 Freedom cruise only because of Richard Spacey.

I have tried in the past to sail and be on his ship and it just so happend to be his vacay.

Is there any way possible to find out - possibly from him directly - if he will be sailing on that date?

We live in Florida and have done these ships so many times. We know who we like and are willing to wait for them - but they have that curve ball of taking time and then we are very disappointed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. I am looking at the 9/29/2013 Freedom cruise only because of Richard Spacey.

I have tried in the past to sail and be on his ship and it just so happend to be his vacay.

Is there any way possible to find out - possibly from him directly - if he will be sailing on that date?

We live in Florida and have done these ships so many times. We know who we like and are willing to wait for them - but they have that curve ball of taking time and then we are very disappointed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

He is not active on social media, so someone going on the ship will have to ask him and report back to us.

If you want, post a request on the roll call thread for the next Freedom sailing, and see if someone can find out the info you are looking for.

Thanks Donna! This is always really useful information!

Any early thoughts who's going to be CD for Quantum- I'd love it to be Graham Seymour!

Wow, that certainly could be the "checkmark" for a lot of folks to book a cruise on her! He's amazing.

Hi I had send ken rush a message on Facebook asking if he gonna take out the quantum his replied was yes he wil be on her until jan 2015 and then he will give the ship over to the other cd

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is filling in for Jimmy Rhodes, who was moved over to Mariner as an emergency fill-in there. Jimmy should be back as the regular CD of Grandeur soon (exact date unknown)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush from the 1st cruise until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21

We will be on Oasis Sept 7 Does abnyone know how Amy Ficket is?

Yes, and sorry to disappoint but I didn't care for her last year. I'm sailing again in August so looks like I get her two years in a row. :( I'm not one to complain about the cruise director. Really hasn't made much of an impression on me on other cruises. But she was actually the only cruise director that left an impression on me and it wasn't a good one. I didn't care for her humor at passengers expense last year at the belly flop contest and some other activity I saw her host.

Does anyone have updates for us?

Can someone find out:

AD: The exact date (July?) of the turnover between Clo and Drew?

AL: The exact date (August?) of the turnover between Ken and Allan?

EX : The exact date (August?) of the turnover between Leigh and John?

FR: When does Richard's break begin (July? August?), and who will be filling in for him?

JW: The exact date (July?) of the turnover between Carly and Dennis?

LB: When does Rich's break begin (July?), and who will be filling in for him?

MJ: Does Mitch's break begin July 12, and who will be filling in for him?

Yes, and sorry to disappoint but I didn't care for her last year. I'm sailing again in August so looks like I get her two years in a row. :( I'm not one to complain about the cruise director. Really hasn't made much of an impression on me on other cruises. But she was actually the only cruise director that left an impression on me and it wasn't a good one. I didn't care for her humor at passengers expense last year at the belly flop contest and some other activity I saw her host.

Thank you, still going.

Is there an updated list of CD's? I will be sailing Freedom of the Seas September 2013. Thank you to all who can reply!

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine expects October 28 until January 13

Allure OTS - Ken Rush was scheduled to start on October 28 (needs confirmation). Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 until the end of January

Enchantment OTS - Luke Aerosmith started Oct 26 (per his facebook page) *Marc Walker expects to join Enchantment on June 3, 2013 for 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral per his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruis...609?ref=stream

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Activities Manager Leigh Xuereb's break begins November 4 and Leigh expects to return on Nov 24 as Cruise Director to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown but a break is typically 6-8 weeks long) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rich Edwards September 14th until Oct 26. Who is the current CD?

Independence OTS - James Andrews started October 6th until mid- November. Joff Eaton expects to return mid-November. (exact changeover date?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16 (until when?)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10, then Rich Edwards until early January

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 16 until Nov 22, then Mitch Merucci will fill in for 2 months, then Susan from Scotland is scheduled to be the CD.

Mariner OTS - Mercedes Fuentes (dates?)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Jimmy Rhodes was scheduled to start Nov 3 (needs confirmation) (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html) Then, Amy Fickert is expected to return

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - Ken Jones thru the drydock on Nov 18. James Andrews expects to return after the drydock on Dec 10

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

FR: When does Richard's break begin (July? August?), and who will be filling in for him?

This question I think many would love to know the answer to... I'm trying to decide on my winter cruise - debating Freedom or O/A again. If we can figure out Spacey's dates i'll probably go with Freedom. We're looking at January/February and with my luck i'll end up booking the week he leaves for his next vacation :confused:

This is the current list, not the one that you used in your post which is very old.

At this time, we do not know when Richard Spacey's break will begin, nor do we know who will be filling in for him on Freedom.

I will update the list as soon as that info is available. Keep an eye on the last page of this thread for the most current info

Is there an updated list of CD's? I will be sailing Freedom of the Seas September 2013. Thank you to all who can reply!

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is filling in for Jimmy Rhodes, who was moved over to Mariner as an emergency fill-in there. Jimmy should be back as the regular CD of Grandeur soon (exact date unknown)

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Not sure who updates this information but just off Rhapsody yesterday and Graham Seymour is the CD. Wasn't able to find out how long he will be on Rhapsody.

I'm the one who updates this thread. Thank you very much! I depend on returning cruisers like you to report CD info to us! It's the only source of reliable info.

Still looking for anyone who can help us with these

Can someone find out:

Can someone find out:

Archived