Zumba classes

Does anyone know if Zumba classes are offered on FOS? If so what are the prices and how many are offered? Also what times? I am addicted to my Zumba class and would love to try it out at sea! :)

I have the mariner compasses for our sailing in a few weeks and I noticed that the zumba classes are offered poolside and do not have any annotation or indication that there is a fee for them. DH and I are thinking we will try them out too :)

• 3 months later...

I was on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas last year, and was surprised to find NO ZUMBA. Certified Zumba Instructors are easy to follow and if I can follow - I'm sure most can. It would be a great class because so many body types / fitness levels can follow along... And NO Equipment. Other than lacking a Certified Zumba instructor on board, there is no reason to not offer this course. I see it as a SALES incentive! Oh well.

On our Freedom cruise in June they offered a "Latin Dance" class by the pool several afternoons. The CD introduced the instructor in the Welcome Aboard show and said they were not allowed to call it Zumba. It was free, but if you are experienced with Zumba, it will probably be disappointing. I did not think it was much of a workout.

Sherri:)

• 4 weeks later...
On our Freedom cruise in June they offered a "Latin Dance" class by the pool several afternoons. The CD introduced the instructor in the Welcome Aboard show and said they were not allowed to call it Zumba. It was free, but if you are experienced with Zumba, it will probably be disappointing. I did not think it was much of a workout.

Sherri:)

The zumba classes that I have attended (both Gold and regular) were on hardwood floors. Why the FOS would put this class pool side is beyond me. (crowded, people passing etc., hot weather) IMHO the class should be offered in one of the lounges if not the gym--airconditioned.

Looking forward to my FOS cruise and was pleased to hear that they have a Zumba class. Has anyone actually taken the class on FOS? And if they have taken a class, was it poolside or inside? thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! I'm a Zumba instructor who will be on FOS Sept 10 and would love to have classes! Not sure who to contact at Royal Caribbean but I'll pack workout clothes & copies of my certificates just in case!

You should join our Roll-Call and sign up for meet and mingle if you haven't already. I will be on that sailing with my bf and would love to take a zumba class; I take it twice a week at home!! Hopefully you will be able to work out a way to do something; I know when I was on Allure last year there was a certified instructor on board and she was able to talk to guest services and reserve the lounge for an hour one afternoon and they put up a notice on the bulletin board with all the other get-togethers to advertise it.

Archived