? re Crown & Anchor benefits

Sorry if this has been asked before; searched and couldn't find an answer. Do the C&A benefits of one occupant in a cabin extend to the other? In other words, if one occupant has Diamond status and the other has a lower status or no status at all, will both occupants receive Diamond benefits? Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before; searched and couldn't find an answer. Do the C&A benefits of one occupant in a cabin extend to the other? In other words, if one occupant has Diamond status and the other has a lower status or no status at all, will both occupants receive Diamond benefits? Thanks.

Only Celebrity has this policy, not RCL.

Yes, going into our first cruise together, hubby had no status, and I was a gold member. Hubby's status was upgraded to gold, and has been since (well, now platinum, but I digress). Hubby was not my hubby at that time, but we did have the same address.

Even if they are related and at the same address but they are not a member prior to the cruise, then they do not get any benefits.

If they are related and at the same address speak to RCI.

If they are not related or do not live at the same address then they do not get any benefits on their first cruise, and will have their own level from cruise 2 onwards

I did have to call c&a prior to our last cruise to get my boyfriend my status (same household for last 3 years). He had cruised RCL with me once before and had no status, then was showing gold even though I had enrolled him as a member of my household. It was a very easy and painless call though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stated policy: Diamond benefits are only extended to the member who has diamond status. In the case of spouses (and certain others, sharing address), where one has status and the other doesn't, the non-status spouse technically doesn't get the benefits, but CAN apply to be given the same status, at which point he or she WOULD be eligible for all benefits associated with their (new) status.

Reality: Some benefits will be extended to the non-status person, others won't.

For things like boarding the ship, they will let you both of you into the Diamond line to check in together

For things like the diamond event or diamond lounge, most times a cabin mate other will be allowed to enter with the status member, but this is not guaranteed, especially if the event/lounge is particularly crowded. Multiple cabin mates have less of a chance of being allowed entry than a single spouse/significant other.

For things like the coupon book, each person will get a book for their particular status. So for instance, if one is diamond and one is gold, you'll mostly like find one diamond coupon book and one gold coupon book in the cabin.

For things like the balcony discount, the discount is given per cabin, not per person, and you can't combine 2 anyway, so it doesn't matter. The Diamond member will get a diamond balcony discount for the cabin and that's that. If the other person was diamond, they still wouldn't be allowed double the discount.

My DD will turn 18 shortly before our upcoming cruise. Since I'm emerald now, she'll start off her adult life at emerald status. Not sure how many points she actually has, but she probably has at least 40. Anyway, our upcoming cruise is a B2B and I will acquire enough points on the first leg to be diamond. I was hoping to see the LA during the first cruise to see if she can make arrangements to grant me diamond status for the second leg so I can get whatever perks are available on that ship for the second cruise. Does that mean that DD won't be able to accompany me to the Diamond event?

My DD will turn 18 shortly before our upcoming cruise. Since I'm emerald now, she'll start off her adult life at emerald status. Not sure how many points she actually has, but she probably has at least 40. Anyway, our upcoming cruise is a B2B and I will acquire enough points on the first leg to be diamond. I was hoping to see the LA during the first cruise to see if she can make arrangements to grant me diamond status for the second leg so I can get whatever perks are available on that ship for the second cruise. Does that mean that DD won't be able to accompany me to the Diamond event?

Ultimately it will be at the discretion of the Diamond concierge.

Archived