taxi's at Canada Place?

melt

Are we going to have any trouble getting a taxi from Canada Place to YVR after our cruise? I just want to make sure since we don't have other transportation lined out.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just a warning. Three ships were in port (Canada Place) on the same day we arrived (5/15/05). We had no trouble finding a cab, because we disembarked very early. Friends who disembarked about an hour or two later had to wait two hours for a cab. One member of our CC group who lives in Vancouver, said he and his wife walked upstairs to the hotel and picked up a cab right outside with no problem.

Check out cruisecal.com to see how many ships will be arriving on the same day.

Adele

My two cents. I've been on 3 cruises ending in YVR. During two of them I used cabs to the airport. In one instance I had to wait 1 hr and 15 mins in line for a taxi, and in the other I was in line for over 2 hours. The other time I used the cruise line transfer. This last time was just yesterday. We stayed in a hotel a few nights before the cruise this time and heard the concierge advise some passengers who were also spending a couple of nights at the hotel after the cruise to call the hotel upon arrival and they would send a taxi because it was so difficult to find one there.

Given my experience, I'd arrange for transportation in advance.

Sounds like it's the luck of the draw given some of the much more favorable experiences described in this post.

Just a warning. Three ships were in port (Canada Place) on the same day we arrived (5/15/05). We had no trouble finding a cab, because we disembarked very early. Friends who disembarked about an hour or two later had to wait two hours for a cab. One member of our CC group who lives in Vancouver, said he and his wife walked upstairs to the hotel and picked up a cab right outside with no problem.

Check out cruisecal.com to see how many ships will be arriving on the same day.

Adele

Take your luggage to the upstairs area of the Pan Pacific hotel or across the path at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel. You will get a taxi in less than 5 minutes. Be sure to tip your bellman accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Archived