Sliver Cloud Refit?

tedbear

Thank you. Pity about the lounge on deck 9. like it on Wind, quiet. Hope they do not add that silly elevator from Lido deck. Everytime been on Wind ithad not worked, spoils the ship outline and takes up deck space

If anyone hears how many baths are to be taken out to make walk in showers I would be glad to hear. Most passengers hate having to climb in the bath to have a shower, plus its quite dangerous in rough seas.

Quite right, Tedbear. Baths are a total waste of space. Have cruised for 100+ days and haven't lain down in one yet. Why are you gonna? There's too much to do outside the Cabin! Baths must be an historical accident: someone thought "this is the idea of luxury, so let's put em in". Wrong. Truth is, only 7-10 yo's need baths: because shower-taps etc are too high.

Cloud has scheduled 13 day dry dock in Algeciras Spain on 14 November.

That cant be right as we are sailing out of Barbados on the 13th November !! with 36 other CC members on board :D

According to the SS website and the Cloud voyages it arrrives in Barcelona on the 5th October and leaves Las Palmas on the 1st November so there are 26 days for the dry dock to occur.

Ann

Have to agree with you. especially when you are getting older!!

Hey I'm not old (well in my own mind anyway:D) and I did NOT like the Cloud bathroom. A walk-in shower would be awesome instead - like the Spirit with the fabulous shower head.

I also like lots of space to put all my lotions & potions.

So my wish for the Cloud bathroom is walk-in shower & big vanity sink with lots of drawers & shelves.

Thank heavens I travel on my own, there's no room for anyone else:D

Cheers

Jennifer

The problem is for as many of us who like big walk in showers (and I'm one of them) there is an equal amount of people who like to take baths? That's why the newer ships have both. But that will be impossible in the small space on the Cloud so what are they to do?

They could do like Seabourn have and take out the bath and it makes a huge walk in shower. Their brochures could indicate with an icon which suites have showers only - bet they are booked before the ones that would remain as now.

And when they run out of those walk in shower cabins on a particular sailing what do they do when people refuse to book?

People like me will book the rooms with a bath.Soaking in a tub does wonders for my arthritis.Having spinal canal stenosis plus peripheral neuropathy makes standing on a wet floor in a shower slightly dangerous.

Guess if all the shower only bathrooms were fully booked, one would do just as we do now and risk taking the suite with the shower in the bath. Depends on the ports of call and the price to pay before we decide which all inclusive cruise line we choose. There are several more fully inclusive lines coming on the market so more choice the passengers have, such opposition should make the existing lines work hard to keep on top.

Thank you. Pity about the lounge on deck 9. like it on Wind, quiet. Hope they do not add that silly elevator from Lido deck. Everytime been on Wind ithad not worked, spoils the ship outline and takes up deck space

Agreed the lido deck elevator on the Wind is a disaster.Please do not ruin the Cloud decks with the same alteration.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Read your posts about Silver Cloud refit with interest. It is my understanding that it will be refitted in October 2012.

We are travelling on the first cruise afterwards from Las Palmas to Barbados.

Any of you guys on the same cruise? I posted on the Roll Calls, but no replies.

Seismiccruiser.......:cool:

Archived