Caribbean Princess delayed!

2theship

Rumors are worthless, but if you have a credible source I'm up for listening.

We are scheduled for the April 8th voyage and just a little piece of me would almost like to see this cancelled because I'm not sure what my confidence level will be heading into the cruise. I would be just as happy heading to Playa Del Carmen or Negril for the week. My wife however would not be happy at all, especially since we recieved a nice upgrade today.

For my wife and those here that are on that cruise, I hope it does proceed as planned.

My confidence level remains high with Princess. A couple of incidents doesn't make for the demise and destruction of a cruise line.

I have sailed numerous times with Princess and have never had a problem. I have been in the Holy Land, Columbia, Mexico - at times all hot bed destinations. Princess was always diligent and protective.

I've cruised right after 9/11 and felt safe and secure onboard a Princess ship. I've been on a cruise during Hurricane Mitch and experienced firsthand the experience and knowledge that Princess Captain's bring to their jobs.

I'm scheduled to sail on April 15th for two weeks and I do hope this cruise sails. Princess has 100% of my support and confidence.

My confidence level remains high with Princess. A couple of incidents doesn't make for the demise and destruction of a cruise line.

I have sailed numerous times with Princess and have never had a problem. I have been in the Holy Land, Columbia, Mexico - at times all hot bed destinations. Princess was always diligent and protective.

I've cruised right after 9/11 and felt safe and secure onboard a Princess ship. I've been on a cruise during Hurricane Mitch and experienced firsthand the experience and knowledge that Princess Captain's bring to their jobs.

I'm scheduled to sail on April 15th for two weeks and I do hope this cruise sails. Princess has 100% of my support and confidence.

I'm talking about confidence in this particular ship after the repairs, not Princess overall. I never mentioned anything about the destruction or demise of Princess.

Looks like she changed Pier locations.

Looks like she is in Old San Juan which is a much better location for the passengers. Now they will be within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Despite the disappointing circumstances- it's nice that the passengers are basically getting a free vacation this week. (not to downplay the disappointment of many though)

We were supposed to be on the CB tomorrow, but turned our vacation into a non-cruise cruise. When we got to the hotel, we could see the CB across the harbor. We were a bit bummed out seeing her there.

When we got back from dinner...guess who was our next door neighbor? We wer close enough to hear the movie.

Guess this picture is as close as we will get to her this year...

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/rebeltech8/?action=view¤t=4bdd51dc.jpg&evt=user_media_share

We were supposed to be on the CB tomorrow, but turned our vacation into a non-cruise cruise. When we got to the hotel, we could see the CB across the harbor. We were a bit bummed out seeing her there.

When we got back from dinner...guess who was our next door neighbor? We wer close enough to hear the movie.

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/rebeltech8/?action=view¤t=4bdd51dc.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Bummer! :(

I feel so bad for you and the others who were looking forward to their cruises.

I hope you can make the best out of this situation and have a nice vacation.

Can you tell me which hotel you are staying at? I love being close enough to see my cruise ship when I get up the morning of the day we sail.

I'm so sorry about your vacation. I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I was scheduled to sail on the 25th. Looks like we are going to rebook for the April 8th sailing. We're a little reluctant to book it, but we are keeping a positive attitude that everything will be in working order by then.

Try to make the best of it!!:)

Does anyone with an upcoming CB cruise feel the same way?

I'm supposed to be on the April 1st sailing which is the first cruise scheduled after the repairs. I'm hoping, but not entirely confident she'll be repaired in time. I want to be on that cruise, but feel the need to have a back-up plan just in case. Since it is spring break week for many families, most of the other ships are already booked. I already have plane reservations and 3 days of pre-paid hotel rooms paid for in San Juan, but I don't really want to spend 10 days there if the ship doesn't sail.

I just wish I knew for certain-I feel the need to check the boards constantly for updates. I need my island fix- don't want to wait another year!

Can you tell me which hotel you are staying at? I love being close enough to see my cruise ship when I get up the morning of the day we sail.

I'm so sorry about your vacation. I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I was scheduled to sail on the 25th. Looks like we are going to rebook for the April 8th sailing. We're a little reluctant to book it, but we are keeping a positive attitude that everything will be in working order by then.

Try to make the best of it!!:)

We're on the April 8th cruise, and I noticed today that the price has gone up. Hopefully this is a good sign that Princess is confident that this sailing will take place. We too, are keeping positive thoughts! :)

I am so sorry for all of you who had your vacation plans ruined, or changed so unexpectedly. I can't imagine the disappointment, frustration, and anger you must be feeling. I wish you all nothing but the best of luck and many happy future cruises!

Cruise*Enthusiast

We are staying at the Sheraton in Old San Juan. It's more than we usually spend but worth it to us. If you stay here, ask to have a balcony view of the water ... You won't be sorry.

This is turning in to our best vacation ever.

I am a cruise person, and have taken 3 princess cruises in the last 5 years. 2 days ago, I got notification via email that princess was cancelling my cruise due to a motor issue. When I first received the email, I thought it was a joke. I thought someone had hacked the pricesss website. Called princess to find out what in the world was going on... my reply was pretty much too bad so sad we will refund your money in 4-6 weeks, and unless you booked your airfare through us, well you may or may not get that money back. But heres what we are going to do for you.... drum roll.... we will give you 25% of you base cost for a new cruise. OK, that might sound fine and dandy to you, but when I went on line, all carribean cruises where sold out, and the ones that where available where double the cost of what I paid 4 months ago. So there 25% percent would leave me having to come up with another 2,000 to book the same cruise same week next year.

I called back on Friday, and asked to speak with a supervisor. at this point I had been crying for almost 24 hours. This was my dream vacation. I was taking my 2 sons, to celebrate our new lives, after just making it through 2 terrible years. I had worked 2 jobs for the last 6 months to pay for this. This was devasting to myself, but more so to my sons. I told the rep that I was upset and what I really wanted was to be able to book another cruise same room level, without having to come up with more money. I think thats a pretty reasonable request. Again, I was confronted with too bad so sad attitude. She actually had the nerve to tell me that I would just have to keep checking the internet to see if there was another sale that I could afford. I told her: "so your saying that some time in the future, you will have another sale, and the rooms will be priced similar to what I paid, but you wont give that to me now, after you just ruined my vacation and absolutely devestated my sons." Her reply - "nope we wont". AM I CRAZY OR IS THAT JUST PLANE OLD STUPID BUSINESS SENSE? Here you are having to come up with all this money to issue refunds, when you could just put us on another cruise and keep our money. Clearly princess has no sense of right and wrong, just a bunch of idiots running the company.

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS HAVING THIS EXPERIENCE, AND BAND TOGETHER TO DEMAND JUSTICE. All I want is for princess to give me what I paid for. I signed a contract with them. Why is it I'm expected to fulfill my contract, yet they are not?

While I can certainly understand your frustration I think Princess has done what any other cruise line would have done. They went above what they had to offer and in fact have fulfilled there end of the contract. A full refund of cruise fare, return of your total airfare if booked thru Princess, coverage of change fees if booked independently, and 25% off your next cruise(while it doesn't replace your cruise) is still quite generous and professional. There is no solution which would work for each and every passenger affected.

I just checked the Princess website and while I don't know what you paid there are definitely Caribbean cruises out of Ft Lauderdale end of March and April with all or almost all categories available. Hopefully you will find something that works for you. Having a vacation cancelled is a real bummer...I have been there. It always seems like it isn't about the money it is more about having those memories to be stripped away.

Clink on the link..........read what it says....Princess has indeed kept you all well informed..........

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4781

That article is two days old, has already been posted on here, and is missing quite a lot of information. The announcement about the canceled cruises came too late for some people on the March 18 cruise to make decent alternate arrangements :(

There are multiple first hand reports that the CB DID have previous propulsion problems. Princess is trying to cover their butts on this issue. I just hope that the estimate for returning the CB to cruising status is accurate. Otherwise, the April 1 cruisers are going to be justifiably upset.

Archived