One cruise on Allure or TWO on Carnival's newest ship?

But thing is, Disney offers a higher end experience across the board compared to Carnival. Not so with RCI vs Carnival.

going on the big RCI ships is like going to the biggest mall in the country. You see the parking lot and go wow!!! But you go in and after 10mins, you see same stores, same stuff and it's no different than going to your regular mall. But you want to goto the biggest one just to take a look, but stores, service etc.. is all the same.

That sums up RCI best, it's like the biggest mall but other than size, it's no different. I mean, do you need an abercrombie, abercrombie and fitch, holister, aeropostale and american eagle in the same mall?? lol

You're saying Central Park, the Boardwalk, zip line, Aquatheater, Loft suites, Chicago, Royal Promenade, Solarium, all of that will feel like the Monarch of the Seas after some 10 minutes..? :eek: Not my experience!

depends what you're comparing. Service, food, demographics. Same. More bells and whistles different.

But unless parking lot fair kiddie rides are why you go on a cruise, the experience is actually pretty interchangeable between RCI and carnival.

Both are catering to the masses with corners cut where they can with the huge and most important goal of fitting in as many people as they can on a ship. Everything is standard to good, but will never be outstanding on either lines.

So what is the vast difference? a 9second zipline?

The vast difference to me is the CROWDS!!! I've sailed the Oasis and I've sailed the Magic-loved the Oasis and actually really liked the Magic, but crowd control on the Magic was poor for the most part. On the Oasis, I never once felt crowded (even during the parades-we had some great seats in the pub :))

Now, I'm pretty cheap. Very cheap actually. We are paying almost double for our Allure cruise next year then we paid for our Magic cruise this year. I guess it just depends what your plans are for the next few years. If the is last cruise you plan on taking for awhile, then I would vote Allure all the way! If you plan on doing more over the next couple years, then I would say go for the Breeze and splurge a bit more on excursions or keep what you would save and put it towards next years vacation budget and do the Allure.

On a side note, I LOVE the Oasis class-I don't think anything out there remotely compares. But they are also not going anywhere and you may be able to snag a deal over the next few years. Good luck with your decision-remember, you're going on vacation either way!!

You're saying Central Park, the Boardwalk, zip line, Aquatheater, Loft suites, Chicago, Royal Promenade, Solarium, all of that will feel like the Monarch of the Seas after some 10 minutes..? :eek: Not my experience!

What do you do at central park, board walk, royal promenade, solarium etc? sit? sit and eat/drink? lounge? how big is your butt? it still takes up one chair right?

I'm not saying it's exact same, but it's not vastly different by any stretch at all. Wal-mart vs target..not the same, but really more the same than different. Service, quality is all the same.

But thing is, Disney offers a higher end experience across the board compared to Carnival. Not so with RCI vs Carnival.

going on the big RCI ships is like going to the biggest mall in the country. You see the parking lot and go wow!!! But you go in and after 10mins, you see same stores, same stuff and it's no different than going to your regular mall. But you want to goto the biggest one just to take a look, but stores, service etc.. is all the same.

That sums up RCI best, it's like the biggest mall but other than size, it's no different. I mean, do you need an abercrombie, abercrombie and fitch, holister, aeropostale and american eagle in the same mall?? lol

Have you sailed on the Oasis class?

The vast difference to me is the CROWDS!!! I've sailed the Oasis and I've sailed the Magic-loved the Oasis and actually really liked the Magic, but crowd control on the Magic was poor for the most part. On the Oasis, I never once felt crowded (even during the parades-we had some great seats in the pub :))

Now, I'm pretty cheap. Very cheap actually. We are paying almost double for our Allure cruise next year then we paid for our Magic cruise this year. I guess it just depends what your plans are for the next few years. If the is last cruise you plan on taking for awhile, then I would vote Allure all the way! If you plan on doing more over the next couple years, then I would say go for the Breeze and splurge a bit more on excursions or keep what you would save and put it towards next years vacation budget and do the Allure.

On a side note, I LOVE the Oasis class-I don't think anything out there remotely compares. But they are also not going anywhere and you may be able to snag a deal over the next few years. Good luck with your decision-remember, you're going on vacation either way!!

Fair enough, though I've never experienced a big difference in crowds on allure vs Carnival ships (I'll admit, biggest carnival ship i've been on was the freedom), or I don't really notice crowds. Both lines, you have chair hogs and won't easily get a chair by the pool (not that I sit there, but just observation).

To me a cruiseline's food, service and fellow passengers differentiate the most, that's why I say RCI and CCL are interchangeable.

But if your cruise vacation is going to be the one big one or special one for a few years, I'll stay away from RCI. Go for something that's actually better such as the higher tier cruiselines. RCI is like McCafe vs regular Mcdonalds. Same thing essentially, but a tad nicer.

Have you sailed on the Oasis class?

yes Allure.. what a bleh experience. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with it. But it was a big let down for the price and hype, It was like I went on a disney wannabe ship. Service, cabins, food, offerings compared to any modern/similar era cruise ship, was the same to slightly below standard as other RCI ships or Carnival. like i said before, it felt like any other ship just bigger. It's like going to the biggest olive garden or something, it's bigger, but the same.

But I'm not a someone who's interested by gimmicks like 9 second zipline, a flow rider or a bigger promenade (of course it's bigger, there's 3x as many pax! lol). If it was my first time travelling or cruising or if I was less traveled, I would definitely be wow'ed by it..not because it's anything special/good, but sheer size. But having been on several cruises and traveled around, it was bleh.

What do you do at central park, board walk, royal promenade, solarium etc? sit? sit and eat/drink? lounge? how big is your butt? it still takes up one chair right?

I'm not saying it's exact same, but it's not vastly different by any stretch at all. Wal-mart vs target..not the same, but really more the same than different. Service, quality is all the same.

Entertainment choices, dining options, daily activities...

And who knows, maybe my huge butt does like to pay twice as much to be able to sit surrounded by trees in the middle of the ocean, sipping the same beverage I could have bought on the ship following us.... ;) It's the product I bought and I'm quite happy with it.

yes Allure.. what a bleh experience. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with it. But it was a big let down for the price and hype, It was like I went on a disney wannabe ship. Service, cabins, food, offerings compared to any modern/similar era cruise ship, was the same to slightly below standard as other RCI ships or Carnival. like i said before, it felt like any other ship just bigger. It's like going to the biggest olive garden or something, it's bigger, but the same.

But I'm not a someone who's interested by gimmicks like 9 second zipline, a flow rider or a bigger promenade (of course it's bigger, there's 3x as many pax! lol). If it was my first time travelling or cruising or if I was less traveled, I would definitely be wow'ed by it..not because it's anything special/good, but sheer size. But having been on several cruises and traveled around, it was bleh.

While there may be some others who would agree with your opinion, I have to say that the majority of the comments that I have read about Oasis and Allure seem to indicate a consensus that "bleh" isn't their word of choice. The entertainment options are far superior to what most other ships offer, the various neighborhoods seem to do an excellent job of spreading out the large number of passengers so that crowding is not a frequent experience, and the design features are IMO far superior to what Carnival, even on its newest ships, offer.

Whether those differences would justify paying twice as much is something each individual must make, but I, for one, have long since passed the time when a Carnival cruise would hold much appeal.:)

Fair enough...it's not meant for everyone. I would imagine that since they are still charging premium prices a few years into sailing, they are still attractive to many cruisers (me included:)) But a forewarning if you do sail on the Dream class....it is crowded! The only other Carnival ship I have to compare to is the Miracle, and while it still seemed more crowded then any RCI ship I've been on, it wasn't nearly as crowded as the Magic. By no means would that officially ruin a vacation for me, but it puts a slight damper, especially when deciding which line to cruise with in the future.

Other than that, the entertainment, open spaces, and balconies all were better on the Oasis in my opinion. And we never had trouble finding seats right next to the pool on the Oasis....any day at any time.

Entertainment choices, dining options, daily activities...

And who knows, maybe my huge butt does like to pay twice as much to be able to sit surrounded by trees in the middle of the ocean, sipping the same beverage I could have bought on the ship following us.... ;) It's the product I bought and I'm quite happy with it.

I couldn't have said it better myself!! :)

I have traveled Carnival and RCCL and there is no comparison. RCCL! Was on the Oasis this past year and I shudder now at traveling on any other class of ship. It will blow your mind. Truly spoiled me.

But unless parking lot fair kiddie rides are why you go on a cruise, the experience is actually pretty interchangeable between RCI and carnival.

So what is the vast difference? a 9 second zipline?

Ironically, we didn't bother with the Zipline, Rock Climbing Wall, or Flowrider (although our son loved the Carousel! :rolleyes:).

So what's vastly different between the Allure (specifically) and Carnival cruises in general?

FOOD SELECTION:

• Carnival: You're limited to just a handful of very repetitive selections. You will either eat at the MDR, Buffet, Pizza or Deli. Your only alternative option is the Steakhouse (which I consider to be excellent, BTW) Room service consists of cold items. In all fairness, some of their new ships are adding more options, but they are still lagging behind the rest of the industry.
  • Allure: There are 24 different dining options! It was such a welcome change to eat at an Italian restaurant one day, Steakhouse the next, Brazilian churrascaria the following, go for Spanish Tapas another day, Mexican cuisine at Rita's Cantina, Pizza at Sorrento's, Sandwiches and made to order salads at the Park Cafe, etc, etc. Even Johnny Rocket's was a welcome selection! Food quality and taste is subjective, but just being able to try something different every night and being able to change venues was wonderful. Room service selection is much wider, including some hot items. You can actually enjoy a full meal in your stateroom.

SHIP:

• Carnival: Let's be realistic. There's not a single Carnival ship out there that will win an award for most beautiful or best designed ship. Decor is glitzy, over the top, and loud. Yes, it's fun, but it's not pleasing. Ship design is disjointed on Destiny, Conquest, and Dream class ships. Most entertainment venues are all crammed together in one general area (along the Promenade) which truly affect passenger flow.
  • Allure: Beautiful and elegant decor (at least when comparing it to a Carnival ship). Surroundings are definitely more pleasing to the senses. Ship design is wonderful. Although it's a HUGE ship, crowd control is much better. Different areas offer something vastly different depending on your mood. One moment we were enjoying a bite in the sophisticated surroundings of Central Park, the next we were enjoying a parade at the Royal Promenade, some evening we enjoyed the quiet solitude of the Solarium (I know that Carnival has Serenity, but there's NO comparison), and other times we were enjoying the fun and family friendly atmosphere of the Boardwalk.

ENTERTAINMENT:

• Carnival: Very standard "Las Vegas" style shows. More budget oriented forms of entertainment, like trivia games, contests. On the Dream, the most innovative thing they have is a laser show on the Lido deck.
  • Allure: Yes, they have games and contests, but other forms of entertainment are A TRUE departure from the tired entertainment of the past. Shows that truly rival similar shows back on land. Ocean Aria at the Aqua Theater, Blue Planet at the Main Theater, a full production of Chicago, The Musical, and the ice shows at Studio B are like NOTHING found on any Carnival ship.

ACCOMODATIONS:

• Carnival: More limited options. Just standard insides, oceanviews, and some very basic suites. Best accomodations on a Carnival ship are normally the Grand Suites (that roughly compare to a Junior or Grand Suite on Royal). There are NO perks besides VIP boarding.
  • Allure: Much broader selection of accomodations. Best accomodations on the Allure is the Royal Loft Suite (you can fit 5 Carnival Grand Suites in it). Also, the list of suite perks is much more appropriate and generous, and truly what should be expected at top accomodations.

KIDS PROGRAM:

• Carnival: Camp Carnival is a nice program, but it's a bit limited. Age groups start at 2. Nighttime babysitting for the youngest ones doesn't begin until 10pm. No dedicated areas for free play.
  • Allure: Adventure Ocean is absolutely wonderful. The facilities are divided by age group and it has a huge central area for free play. In addition, the program is offered for kids as young as 6 months through the Royal Babies and Tots program. Babysitting available all day beginning at 8am until midnight. Having a flexible kids program makes a HUGE difference for the parents. The Dreamworks experience was an absolute HIT with our son. He enjoyed the Madagascar themed show at the Aqua Theater, the How to Train your Dragon show at Studio B, and the character breakfasts at the MDR. Carnival doesn't offer anything of that nature.

These are just some of the things that come to mind right now. I'm sure more will come to mind later.

I'm fully aware that many of the things listed cost extra on the Allure, but as I mentioned before, I went on this ship fully aware that it would cost substantially more than any Carnival cruise we've ever taken. We GLADLY paid every extra penny. Sometimes you need to pay more to get more. :)

Ironically, we didn't bother with the Zipline, Rock Climbing Wall, or Flowrider (although our son loved the Carousel! :rolleyes:).

So what's vastly different between the Allure (specifically) and Carnival cruises in general?

FOOD SELECTION:

• Carnival: You're limited to just a handful of very repetitive selections. You will either eat at the MDR, Buffet, Pizza or Deli. Your only alternative option is the Steakhouse (which I consider to be excellent, BTW) Room service consists of cold items. In all fairness, some of their new ships are adding more options, but they are still lagging behind the rest of the industry.
  • Allure: There are 24 different dining options! It was such a welcome change to eat at an Italian restaurant one day, Steakhouse the next, Brazilian churrascaria the following, go for Spanish Tapas another day, Mexican cuisine at Rita's Cantina, etc, etc. Even Johnny Rocket's was a welcome selection! Food quality and taste is subjective, but just being able to try something different every night and being able to change venues was wonderful. Room service selection is much wider, including some hot items. You can actually enjoy a full meal in your stateroom.

SHIP:

• Carnival: Let's be realistic. There's not a single Carnival ship out there that will win an award for most beautiful or best designed ship. Decor is glitzy, over the top, and loud. Yes, it's fun, but it's not pleasing. Ship design is disjointed on Destiny, Conquest, and Dream class ships. Most entertainment venues are all crammed together in one general area (along the Promenade) which truly affect passenger flow.
  • Allure: Beautiful and elegant decor (at least when comparing it to a Carnival ship). Surroundings are definitely more pleasing to the senses. Ship design is wonderful. Although it's a HUGE ship, crowd control is much better. Different areas offer something vastly different depending on your mood. One moment we were enjoying a bite in the sophisticated surroundings of Central Park, the next we were enjoying a parade at the Royal Promenade, some evening we enjoyed the quiet solitude of the Solarium (I know that Carnival has Serenity, but there's NO comparison), and other times we were enjoying the fun and family friendly atmosphere of the Boardwalk.

ENTERTAINMENT:

• Carnival: Very standard "Las Vegas" style shows. More budget oriented forms of entertainment, like trivia games, contests. On the Dream, the most innovative thing they have is a laser show on the Lido deck.
  • Allure: Yes, they have games and contests, but other forms of entertainment are A TRUE departure from the tired entertainment of the past. Shows that truly rival similar shows back on land. Ocean Aria at the Aqua Theater, Blue Planet at the Main Theater, a full production of Chicago, The Musical, and the ice shows at Studio B are like NOTHING found on any Carnival ship.

ACCOMODATIONS:

• Carnival: More limited options. Just standard insides, oceanviews, and some very basic suites. Best accomodations on a Carnival ship are normally the Grand Suites (that roughly compare to a Junior or Grand Suite on Royal). There are NO perks besides VIP boarding.
  • Allure: Much broader selection of accomodations. Best accomodations on the Allure is the Royal Loft Suite (you can fit 5 Carnival Grand Suites in it). Also, the list of suite perks is much more appropriate and generous, and truly what should be expected at top accomodations.

KIDS PROGRAM:

• Carnival: Camp Carnival is a nice program, but it's a bit limited. Age groups start at 2. Nighttime babysitting for the youngest ones doesn't begin until 10pm. No dedicated areas for free play.
  • Allure: Adventure Ocean is absolutely wonderful. The facilities are divided by age group and it has a huge central area for free play. In addition, the program is offered for kids as young as 6 months through the Royal Babies and Tots program. Babysitting available all day beginning at 8am until midnight. Having a flexible kids program makes a HUGE difference for the parents. The Dreamworks experience was an absolute HIT with our son. He enjoyed the Madagascar themed show at the Aqua Theater, the How to Train your Dragon show at Studio B, and the character breakfasts at the MDR. Carnival doesn't offer anything of that nature.

These are just some of the things that come to mind right now. I'm sure more will come to mind later.

I'm fully aware that many of the things listed cost extra on the Allure, but as I mentioned before, I went on this ship fully aware that it would cost substantially more than any Carnival cruise we've ever taken. We GLADLY paid every extra penny. Sometimes you need to pay more to get more. :)

That's a very good summary..but a couple of things

Food

All the carnival ships I've been on have had the tandori ovens, steak house, sushi bar, deli.

But yes there were more options on Allure..but they aren't really options. I mean it's like Carnival had mcdonalds..but Allure had McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Junior and Jack in the Box. Yes, there's more options..but same mediocore food that's interchangeable.

If you are talking about something new/different, you can get that at any MDR on either ships.

To me options is not having 5 burger joints or a bunch of restaurants serving the same quality of food. I mean if you want to seperate out pasta offerings on carnival and have an italian restaurant that serves the same quality pasta and pizza from pizzaera, that's not a good/new option for me.

Shows

bad to bearable on both lines, can't hold a candle to real production shows at all. Even the "production" shows on RCI are a pale comparison to the real thing. The ice shows are just pathetic and sad on that little rink, but it was amusing to see how sad it was.

So for me, it's like same Cr** different pile.

Kids programs.. - can't comment , no kids. If i had kids, I'll go on Disney

Rooms - No point going in the nice rooms on RCI, you have to deal with the masses of others anyways in public areas. I don't stay in my room on a cruise, I go out on ship to other public areas as well. If I want perks/nicer rooms, I want the whole experience. To me, getting a nicer suite on RCI is like staying at the Ritz..but in Compton. I rather go stay at the Ritz in a real luxury/nice location

I'm not in anyway saying RCI is bad or worst than Carnival, but it's like saying Target is better than Walmart. Sure..but it's really nothing worth blushing about. People say RCI has bigger ships...ya..so? and more options. Sure but more of the same. It's like a foodcourt is a food court, one manchu wok is enough for me, I don't think it's really more options to have a manchu wok and giant panda..which is what I feel like on RCI's bigger ships. Both are economy class on a plane, some differences, but much more sameness to me.

Now in J class or higher, there's huge differences (any US airline J class is horrible compared to any other J class on any other airline:o)

But with that being said, never had a bad cruise on either since I have pretty low expectations when I sail on RCI or carnival. Is RCI 2x better than Carnival? Hell no!!! not even close.

depends what you're comparing. Service, food, demographics. Same. More bells and whistles different.

Both are catering to the masses with corners cut where they can with the huge and most important goal of fitting in as many people as they can on a ship. Everything is standard to good, but will never be outstanding on either lines.

So what is the vast difference? a 9second zipline?

I could not disagree with your opinion any more, and I'm certain the vast majority of cruising public who have actually sailed Oasis Class and any Carnival ship would also disagree with your post.

Oasis Class has contracted Broadway entertainment and offers other shows not available on any other cruise ship (Studio B and Aqua Theater). Furthermore, Oasis Class offers dining options, room categories, public venues, and physical activites that do not exist on any other cruise line.

And as far as the Disney wannabe comment, I have 5 cruises on Disney, including the new Dream. Oasis Class looks nothing like Disney ships.

Personally, as someone who has not only extensively cruised RCI and CCL, but as someone who has been on well over 100 cruises, I was blown away by Oasis. No, it is not just like any other ship. To say a zipline is the only thing making it vastly different is not only laughable, but ridiculous.

That's a very good summary..but a couple of things

Food

All the carnival ships I've been on have had the tandori ovens, steak house, sushi bar, deli.

But yes there were more options on Allure..but they aren't really options. I mean it's like Carnival had mcdonalds..but Allure had McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Junior and Jack in the Box. Yes, there's more options..but same mediocore food that's interchangeable.

If you are talking about something new/different, you can get that at any MDR on either ships.

To me options is not having 5 burger joints or a bunch of restaurants serving the same quality of food. I mean if you want to seperate out pasta offerings on carnival and have an italian restaurant that serves the same quality pasta and pizza from pizzaera, that's not a good/new option for me.

Shows

bad to bearable on both lines, can't hold a candle to real production shows at all. Even the "production" shows on RCI are a pale comparison to the real thing. The ice shows are just pathetic and sad on that little rink, but it was amusing to see how sad it was.

So for me, it's like same Cr** different pile.

Kids programs.. - can't comment , no kids. If i had kids, I'll go on Disney

Rooms - No point going in the nice rooms on RCI, you have to deal with the masses of others anyways in public areas. I don't stay in my room on a cruise, I go out on ship to other public areas as well. If I want perks/nicer rooms, I want the whole experience. To me, getting a nicer suite on RCI is like staying at the Ritz..but in Compton. I rather go stay at the Ritz in a real luxury/nice location

I'm not in anyway saying RCI is bad or worst than Carnival, but it's like saying Target is better than Walmart. Sure..but it's really nothing worth blushing about. People say RCI has bigger ships...ya..so? and more options. Sure but more of the same. It's like a foodcourt is a food court, one manchu wok is enough for me, I don't think it's really more options to have a manchu wok and giant panda..which is what I feel like on RCI's bigger ships. Both are economy class on a plane, some differences, but much more sameness to me.

Now in J class or higher, there's huge differences (any US airline J class is horrible compared to any other J class on any other airline:o)

But with that being said, never had a bad cruise on either since I have pretty low expectations when I sail on RCI or carnival. Is RCI 2x better than Carnival? Hell no!!! not even close.[/quote

But it's not more of the same....it's more options, different selections, more public spaces, bigger public spaces. You're saying it's not different when it very clearly is! The Dream class is just a bigger version of previous classes and essentially no more public spaces, just staterooms. Which in turn you have more people to fit in the same cramped spaces. Yes, Oasis class has more people, but there are a ton more public spaces, not just more cabins. I don't know the passenger to space ratio, but I'm almost positive that the Oasis class is better then the Dream class....by a lot. And having all those "options" on the Oasis/Allure allows for better flow of traffic, giving all those passengers things to do and not be stuck w/ everyone else.

I did say that the Steakhouse on Carnival is indeed great (the Steakhouse on the Carnival Liberty and the Dream were far superior than anything I had on the Allure), so I do give credit where credit is due.

However, the majority of the "multiple options" that you refer to on Carnival are all clumped together. The Tandoori Grill, Deli, and Mongolian Wok are just stations in ONE venue. So you may be getting some Mongolian buffet but you'll be sitting in the same (overcrowded) table section with people eating Tandoori or from the Main Buffet.

Not quite the same experience as actually going to a completely different venue for each dining experience aboard the Allure...

I have been on the Carnival Dream and on both RCI's Oasis Class ships. There is no comparison at all. In fact the difference is so great, I really have a hard time believing a certain someone in this thread was actually on the Allure. Either that or their perception of things is so radically different than most people, in which case, why do they cruise? :confused: Nevertheless, in answer to your question, like the last person said, I would take 1 week on Allure over 2 weeks on any CCL ship.

Do not compare prices between Allure and CCL. The ships aren't comparable, therefore neither are the prices. The difference in price really is the difference in what you get.

That is a very tough choice. If you have 2 weeks to do a B2B and cost is a factor, then I would have to say Magic is probably the way to go.

Allure does cost more, but is worth every single penny more. These 2 ships are not comparable. Comparing 1 week cruises, there is no comparison whatsoever. Allure really is that much better.

I hope you are right. This thread is of interest to me because I just booked the Allure and I am also suffering from sticker shock. In fact, I told my DH that it's hard to justify paying an extra $1000 over Carnivals' newest ship. I don't zipline, I don't climb walls, and I sure don't surf. I personally like Carnival but that doesn't mean I won't cruise on the Allure. I am very intrigued by it and am pretty excited to cruise on her. But in all reality, the only reason I booked it instead of my normal CCL cruise is because I have several friends going with me. I would have selected Carnival if it wasn't for my friends. I've only cruised on one RCI ship, The Mariner. I was "wow'ed" by it, and enjoyed the ice show and quest. But service - the same, food - the same, cabins - CCL standard inside cabins are larger than RCI standard cabins and I could get a suite on Carnival for what I paid for a balcony on Allure. It is kind of hard to justify the extra cost.

RCI has a good product....but so does Carnival for much cheaper. If elegance is what you seek, go with RCI because there is no question that the Allure is pure elegance from what I've seen & heard. For me, I'm just a hicktown girl that loves to cruise on any line. Cost is the only reason I keep going back to Carnival & will continue to do so unless there are other options that compare in price.

i dont know what age your older children are but my teen loved the teen club on oasis (allures sister ship) and was so bored with carnivals that he hung out on the jogging track most of the week. also the medical care that DS recieved when he fell on carnival was the worse i have ever seen ( and i work in heathcare ).They were completely inept. They couldnt even diagnose a concussion and never properly prepped the area for the stitches. no xrays were done and my son had a bone chip floating around his elbow. They also had no antibiotic cream!!! what kind of back woods medical place doesnt carry antibiotic cream. you could not pay me to go on another carnival cruise. You get what you pay for. the entertainment was awesome on oasis,except the comedian he was better on carnival. Myu teen asked if we could live on the ship thats how much he liked it. we were not on the newest carnival ship, we did valor and triumph. the best thing about the teen loung was the way it was set up. the teens had a teen disco and a teen lounge so if they didnt dance they didnt have to go into the dance room. that was the main problem with carnival it was all one room. in the lounge there were seperate sections, video games, computer, big screen tv in front of lots of couch cushion, a chatting /hang area full of bean bags and a small music studio . they also have thier own out door deck area. and DJ scratch acamady where they can learn for free to DJ

But service - the same, food - the same, cabins - CCL standard inside cabins are larger than RCI standard cabins and I could get a suite on Carnival for what I paid for a balcony on Allure. It is kind of hard to justify the extra cost.

Here's my take on that. Yes, I believe service and food is pretty much the same throughout cruising. At least, pertaining to the free stuff. On a ship like Allure, it's the extras that really make a difference. If you are not in to spending extra money, not that there's anythong wrong with that, then yes, a difference will not be noticed.

As for interior rooms, I assume most people who book interiors don't spend much time in the rooms. This is where the ship becomes important. You will walk around Allure in utter awe for the entire week. Even sitting in Central Park at night, sipping a drink and listening to the violen is so nice and so romantic. There are so many environments on that ship that no other ship has. Trust me. You'll see.

Been on Both Carnival Dream and Royal Oasis of the Seas...NO COMPARISON AT ALL....After being on my 3rd Carnival Cruise I did Royals Independence of the Seas...It was amazing, but I was not going to be one of those people who don't go back to Carnival. So I booked the Dream..What a mistake...Lines to eat, no seating at lunch time, No pool area seating, and no difference in the ship from smaller ones, just more Staterooms...So I book OAsis of the Seas thinking Im going to have just as many issues just worse, because I went on Presidents week and there are 6,000 people on the ship....I was so wrong...Royal has everything down pat...No waits, plenty of Lounge chairs, numerous dining areas, and AMAZING SHIP with sooo much to do...I booked the Allure 6 months from that cruise, because I felt I did not see or do everything...Unfortunately, Ive turned into one of "THOSE" people...Well worth the $$$;):)

Here's my take on that. Yes, I believe service and food is pretty much the same throughout cruising. At least, pertaining to the free stuff. On a ship like Allure, it's the extras that really make a difference. If you are not in to spending extra money, not that there's anythong wrong with that, then yes, a difference will not be noticed.

As for interior rooms, I assume most people who book interiors don't spend much time in the rooms. This is where the ship becomes important. You will walk around Allure in utter awe for the entire week. Even sitting in Central Park at night, sipping a drink and listening to the violen is so nice and so romantic. There are so many environments on that ship that no other ship has. Trust me. You'll see.

I agree, I used to book Suites, but on Oasis and Allure I pick standard balcony rooms, base I was NEVER in the room So Much to do...

Archived