FCC Change

paul929207

Pia,

I did read that, but for some reason my mind wasn't processing it correctly. It did look like the changes really affected OV and above. We have always booked 7 day inside cabins, and it doesn't look like that will change for us.

I would be bummed if I booked outside or longer cruises, as this is clearly a reduction in benefits.

Mike

I can't get bummed Mike, because it's still 'FREE' money. :)

I can't get bummed Mike, because it's still 'FREE' money. :)

Pia,

I think some of the respondents are getting worked up and cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Sure I would like to get more OBC. I prefer the old way to the new day, but as you said we are still better off with a new FCC than with nothing. In most cases, the benefit is the same as before. It is only those booking an Outside Cabin and or a 10 or 16 day cruise that will see a reduced benefit. I have seven cruise booked for the next year and not one of them would have been affected if these rules were in place years ago.

Pia,

I think some of the respondents are getting worked up and cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Sure I would like to get more OBC. I prefer the old way to the new day, but as you said we are still better off with a new FCC than with nothing. In most cases, the benefit is the same as before. It is only those booking an Outside Cabin and or a 10 or 16 day cruise that will see a reduced benefit. I have seven cruise booked for the next year and not one of them would have been affected if these rules were in place years ago.

You have Seven booked for 2013? Heck, I only have three, but waiting to book two more tomorrow. Have you looked at the new Royal deck plans yet?

You booked with the old form, you'll get the monies as listed on the old form. I have 4 unused and fully expect to get the proper amount when I book my next cruises. (Hopefully, tomorrow :D). The new change is for FCC's purchased after the new effective date which I believe is March 9th.

Thank you Pia.

On our last cruise, we each bought 4 FCC. One will be used for next month's cruise, so each of us will still have 3 remaining. Until we retire (hopefully in 5 years), we only have enough vacation to do one cruise and one land tour per year. So I guess we still have enough FCC for the next 3 year. :)

P.S. We usually do the 16-day cruise with balcony cabin, so the new policy does affect us.

Pia,

Do you adopt????? :-)

Do you adopt????? :-)

LOL. Pretty funny. Or not. One of our local people just adopted his 42 year old girlfriend. He's 48. You think that the fact he's a gazillionaire and on trial for driving while drunk, having an accident which killed someone, has anything to do with it?

LOL. Pretty funny. Or not. One of our local people just adopted his 42 year old girlfriend. He's 48. You think that the fact he's a gazillionaire and on trial for driving while drunk, having an accident which killed someone, has anything to do with it?

He's getting a lot of news coverage here too! I'm a lot older than 48 - maybe Paul would make the news as well!!!

He's getting a lot of news coverage here too! I'm a lot older than 48 - maybe Paul would make the news as well!!!

I think Paul might be younger than you, so that adoption would be interesting. Waiting for Paul's response.

That really stinks for all of the people who book 10 day cruises. The $100/pp (even for a balcony) has been reduced to $50/pp.

Yes, it does impact us 10-night cruisers most of all, and I'm not ashamed to admit I'm disappointed with the change. I won't say how many cruises we have have booked for next year (and open myself to THAT derision), but I will admit to booking $2800 of FCCs this year on the Emerald. (And I will remind DH over and over and over again that it was MY idea to do that. My reasoning was to get to the next level of Princess Visa credits, but, hey, I was right all the same).

If we take ten 10-night cruises a year, that's $1000 difference, almost enough to make us cut back to 9 cruises. Times are tough!

Pia, my love;

Had I thought of adoption, I should have suggested it earlier. Tell daddy I am coming! :D

Now, a question. I have never had the FCC's. So, to use them, you would give one for each passanger, and the amounts shown are per passanger, not per cabin?

Doug

Yes, it does impact us 10-night cruisers most of all, and I'm not ashamed to admit I'm disappointed with the change. I won't say how many cruises we have have booked for next year (and open myself to THAT derision), but I will admit to booking $2800 of FCCs this year on the Emerald. (And I will remind DH over and over and over again that it was MY idea to do that. My reasoning was to get to the next level of Princess Visa credits, but, hey, I was right all the same).

If we take ten 10-night cruises a year, that's $1000 difference, almost enough to make us cut back to 9 cruises. Times are tough!

With this change, it certainly pays to have booked far in advance, or at least having purchased the FCCs early.

Pia, my love;

Had I thought of adoption, I should have suggested it earlier. Tell daddy I am coming! :D

Now, a question. I have never had the FCC's. So, to use them, you would give one for each passanger, and the amounts shown are per passanger, not per cabin?

Doug

You want to have a FCC for each passenger when you book. The FCC which costs you $100 becomes you $100 deposit for the cruise. In addition, you will get an OBC based on the length of the cruise and the type of cabin you book.

I am the one who posted originally - i am currently on the star, Sylvain our future cruise consultant sat at my table at the luncheon and explain the new policy, then it was reconfirmed in the patter yesterday. It just came into effect and only applies to credits purchased after that date. Small change buy very strategic since most itineraries fall just below the cut off. Thankfully we just bought two more (four in total) before the cutoff

vickie

I am the one who posted originally - i am currently on the star, Sylvain our future cruise consultant sat at my table at the luncheon and explain the new policy, then it was reconfirmed in the patter yesterday. It just came into effect and only applies to credits purchased after that date. Small change buy very strategic since most itineraries fall just below the cut off. Thankfully we just bought two more (four in total) before the cutoff

vickie

Hi Vickie

How ARE you???????????

Being sick on a cruise is not fun. Are you doing a "Live From"? If so, I've missed it somehow.

We bought 3 more each on the Emerald in Feb. (under the old policy) but someone on our cruise (who we were friendly with) who stayed for the next one bought some and got caught with the new rules.

And to everyone who spoke about free money. Yes it is but it would be frustrating to know that had you purchased them a few days before you would have had a whole different structure. A lot of life has to do with expectations. The expectation going forward will be in line with the new guidelines but when one's expectations are for a certain thing and then that thing is changed it's human nature to be disappointed.

Hi Vickie

How ARE you???????????

Being sick on a cruise is not fun. Are you doing a "Live From"? If so, I've missed it somehow.

We bought 3 more each on the Emerald in Feb. (under the old policy) but someone on our cruise (who we were friendly with) who stayed for the next one bought some and got caught with the new rules.

And to everyone who spoke about free money. Yes it is but it would be frustrating to know that had you purchased them a few days before you would have had a whole different structure. A lot of life has to do with expectations. The expectation going forward will be in line with the new guidelines but when one's expectations are for a certain thing and then that thing is changed it's human nature to be disappointed.

I can't live my life being frustrated because I would have saved money buying something yesterday instead of today. Look at all the stocks you could have bought but didn't.

vickie

Vickie, if you see Sylvain again, please please give him a hug for me. When I last saw him, I understood he was leaving Princess to go on to some other venue. I suppose he came back. He's the best and you can tell him Pia said so. :)

Vickie, if you see Sylvain again, please please give him a hug for me. When I last saw him, I understood he was leaving Princess to go on to some other venue. I suppose he came back. He's the best and you can tell him Pia said so. :)

Sylvain & Captain Ravera did a great job on the Ocean Princess pulling the winners for the bottles of champagne at the Captain's Circle party. We won on three straight cruises.

Hi Paul,

I am on your next cruise from Singapore to Capetown. Even though I am an experienced traveller, this one has some challenges that I has me puzzled. I know you have been to some of the destinations before and I wonder what you think about having local currencies before getting on the ship. I have a TRAVEX outlet in my nighborhood and have gotten cash in advance for euros and pounds and found it to be very helpful. Since there is no charge up front, sometimes it is even cost effective if the rates change in my favor at the time of return of any excess. I was told by some of my sources that USD work in Singapore. Any thoughts??

Jan :confused:

My recollection is that you will need local currency in India and South Africa. US$ are generally taken in the other places we have been to (Singapore, Malaysia, Oman and UAE).

Reunion Island is part of France and on the Euro, so you will probably need Euros there.

Mauritius has its own currency, but the tour we are on said that they only take Euros, so you may also need them here.

My recollection is that you will need local currency in India and South Africa. US$ are generally taken in the other places we have been to (Singapore, Malaysia, Oman and UAE).

Reunion Island is part of France and on the Euro, so you will probably need Euros there.

Mauritius has its own currency, but the tour we are on said that they only take Euros, so you may also need them here.

I was just in India in October. They took anything you offered; same as when we were there in 2005. I do recall going to an ATM when we were in Cape Town so I guess we did need local currency there. However, we spent 4 days there, otherwise I would have tried to wing it.

Archived