FCC Change

paul929207

I understand the need to cut costs or raise prices as operating expenses rise. But I see the changes to the FCC's as a slap in the face, especially to loyal Princess cruisers. If they need to raise prices it should be across the board for everyone, not just those who are willing to make a monetary commitment to a future cruise. Flame away!

I understand the need to cut costs or raise prices as operating expenses rise. But I see the changes to the FCC's as a slap in the face, especially to loyal Princess cruisers. If they need to raise prices it should be across the board for everyone, not just those who are willing to make a monetary commitment to a future cruise. Flame away!

What are you talking about? A big hundred bucks which gives you a down payment and free money besides? And, which is completely refundable if you don't use it? Your statement is not flameworthy because it's nonsensical.

No flame from me, I agree with you. It's another benefit take away, that will ultimately cause me to look at other vacation options if these kinds of things continue....

Mike

Seems to me the only ones affected by this are people booking outside cabins and those booking 10 or 16 day crusies. Everyone else gets the same OBC as before. I have 7 Princess cruises booked over the next year. Had the new rules been in effect when I bought the FCCs I am using for them, I would have gotten the exact same OBC.

[quote name='paul929207'][B]Seems to me the only ones affected by this are people booking outside cabins and those booking 10 or 16 day crusies. [/B]Everyone else gets the same OBC as before. I have 7 Princess cruises booked over the next year. Had the new rules been in effect when I bought the FCCs I am using for them, I would have gotten the exact same OBC.[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, yes, Paul, that's the source of my (and others') annoyance. I always book outsides and I don't have the time for long cruises. I understand free money is free money, but this is a [U]50% cut[/U] (for someone who already books OCVs because I can't afford balconies, adding insult to injury). [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS] I'm happy it didn't affect you but you might spare a thought for the people whom it did affect. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm sure you don't mean to sound so cavalier but the above is really dismissive.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='rdsqrl'][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, yes, Paul, that's the source of my (and others') annoyance. I always book outsides and I don't have the time for long cruises. I understand free money is free money, but this is a [U]50% cut[/U] (for someone who already books OCVs because I can't afford balconies, adding insult to injury). [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS] I'm happy it didn't affect you but you might spare a thought for the people whom it did affect. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm sure you don't mean to sound so cavalier but the above is really dismissive.[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

This is not meant to be cavalier, dismissive, divisive, or otherwise. We don't always book a balcony, so we too will be affected by the cut. However, we have been cruising Princess a very long time; way before there was such a thing as FCC's. To us, the FCC was just icing on the cake; giving me money when I would have booked the ship anyway. I really don't think someone is booking a cruise just for the opportunity to get a few dollars of OBC. If so, they need to re-evaluate their priorities.

[quote name='Pia1913']This is not meant to be cavalier, dismissive, divisive, or otherwise. We don't always book a balcony, so we too will be affected by the cut. However, we have been cruising Princess a very long time; way before there was such a thing as FCC's. To us, the FCC was just icing on the cake; giving me money when I would have booked the ship anyway. I really don't think someone is booking a cruise just for the opportunity to get a few dollars of OBC. If so, they need to re-evaluate their priorities.[/quote]

[COLOR=Black][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Agree.. The biggest benefit is the anytime $100 deposit.... [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='LARGIN'][COLOR=Black][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Agree.. The biggest benefit is the anytime $100 deposit.... [/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/quote]

i agree on the $100 deposit....its good that we can book a cruise up to 49 days

[SIZE=4]I am likely to continue to purchase FCCs but is does leave a bitter taste in my mouth; within the year we have had the MDR closed at lunch on port days, the change in the coffee card program, now its the balcony furniture and the FCC, a couple of years ago it was the elimination of the luggage tags....when are we going read...."Wow, Princess has just added"? Ok, we did get free soft service ice-milk.:eek: Hello Princess people are starting to look elsewhere for their cruise vacations....we were extremely pleased with Celebrity in January and it won't take many more cuts for us to cross over the dock.[/SIZE]

[quote name='LARGIN'][COLOR=Black][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Agree.. The biggest benefit is the anytime $100 deposit.... [/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/quote]

[quote name='rkmw']i agree on the $100 deposit....its good that we can book a cruise up to 49 days[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Big deal. So you have to give them more of a deposit up front and it money that you pay them anyway. When bank rates were high & might actually lose something then I could see being upset but paying the money upfront only reduced the amount to be paid later anyway. The $100 deposit is the least appealing feature of the FCC that I can see. [/FONT]

[quote name='1 HappyCruiser'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Big deal. So you have to give them more of a deposit up front and it money that you pay them anyway. When bank rates were high & might actually lose something then I could see being upset but paying the money upfront only reduced the amount to be paid later anyway. The $100 deposit is the least appealing feature of the FCC that I can see. [/FONT][/quote]

in australia if we dont have to pay $1500 deposit to go on a 35 night cruise and we can cancel out as long as we havent made final payment.....so to us aussies it worth the $100

[quote name='Putterdude'][SIZE=4]I am likely to continue to purchase FCCs but is does leave a bitter taste in my mouth; within the year we have had the MDR closed at lunch on port days, the change in the coffee card program, now its the balcony furniture and the FCC, a couple of years ago it was the elimination of the luggage tags....when are we going read...."Wow, Princess has just added"? Ok, we did get free soft service ice-milk.:eek: Hello Princess people are starting to look elsewhere for their cruise vacations....we were extremely pleased with Celebrity in January and it won't take many more cuts for us to cross over the dock.[/SIZE][/quote]

I agree with this. For us personally, this change doesn't affect us. We are perfectly happy booking inside cabins, and currently (because of work schedules and personal choice), we are only doing 7 day Caribbean cruises. And I agree, it's "free" money, which was a draw for me to purchase FCC's in the first place.
However, as putterdude states above, it is a reduction in benefits and is just one thing in a list of declining benefits Princess seems to be implementing. My attitude now is "what will be cut next?".
I don't personally care if they "add" benefits to things, but stop cutting them... That is Princess's choice to make on the benefits, and mine is to look for other vacation options if it bothers me enough.

Mike

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I just want to add that unlike other cruise lines the FCC's from Princess are still refundable. Even with the OBC decrease the rate of return is still better than what I get from my bank. Also Princess still lets you combine the OBC’s that many of you have racked up.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='swifty']I understand the need to cut costs or raise prices as operating expenses rise. But I see the changes to the FCC's as a slap in the face, especially to loyal Princess cruisers. If they need to raise prices it should be across the board for everyone, not just those who are willing to make a monetary commitment to a future cruise. Flame away![/quote]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]If they raise the price that will also have an impact on your cost. How does this make sense?:confused: At least with the FCC you get the OBC even if it had been reduced in your situation.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Iamcruzin'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]If they raise the price that will also have an impact on your cost. How does this make sense?:confused: At least with the FCC you get the OBC even if it had been reduced in your situation.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]It would cause the people who haven't bought FCC's to shoulder more of the cost of operating the ship & provide the same reward to those that did buy them. [/FONT]

[quote name='1 HappyCruiser'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It would cause the people who haven't bought FCC's to shoulder more of the cost of operating the ship & provide the same reward to those that did buy them. [/FONT][/quote]
Well to me it's like taking it out of my left pocket instead of my right pocket.

[quote name='Iamcruzin']Well to me it's like taking it out of my left pocket instead of my right pocket.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Since most people don't buy FCC's to begin with (I'm assuming) the cost would be spread out among all the people & should therefore be less dollars coming out of my pocket. I would get rewarded just a little bit more for being loyal to the cruise line more so than a person who only occasionally books a cruise every few years. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Either way, this last move does leave a bad taste in lots of loyal Princess passengers mouths I'm sure. [/FONT]

[quote name='Putterdude'][SIZE=4]I am likely to continue to purchase FCCs but is does leave a bitter taste in my mouth; within the year we have had the MDR closed at lunch on port days, the change in the coffee card program, now its the balcony furniture and the FCC, a couple of years ago it was the elimination of the luggage tags....when are we going read...."Wow, Princess has just added"? Ok, we did get free soft service ice-milk.:eek: Hello Princess people are starting to look elsewhere for their cruise vacations....we were extremely pleased with Celebrity in January and it won't take many more cuts for us to cross over the dock.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[quote name='1 HappyCruiser'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Big deal. So you have to give them more of a deposit up front and it money that you pay them anyway. When bank rates were high & might actually lose something then I could see being upset but paying the money upfront only reduced the amount to be paid later anyway. The $100 deposit is the least appealing feature of the FCC that I can see. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='1 HappyCruiser'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Since most people don't buy FCC's to begin with (I'm assuming) the cost would be spread out among all the people & should therefore be less dollars coming out of my pocket. I would get rewarded just a little bit more for being loyal to the cruise line more so than a person who only occasionally books a cruise every few years. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Either way, this last move does leave a bad taste in lots of loyal Princess passengers mouths I'm sure. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

I agree!
This, coupled with all of the changes the last few months, doesn't look good. I think all of the Costa problems and the financial burden that is putting on Carnival Corp is filtering down.
Princess could have raised cruise fares by $50/pp and no one would have noticed but taking away something (even something small) that , as you said, loyal Princess cruisers have become used to is very noticeable.

[quote name='Putterdude'][SIZE=4]I am likely to continue to purchase FCCs but is does leave a bitter taste in my mouth; within the year we have had the MDR closed at lunch on port days, the change in the coffee card program, now its the balcony furniture and the FCC, a couple of years ago it was the elimination of the luggage tags....when are we going read...."Wow, Princess has just added"? Ok, we did get free soft service ice-milk.:eek: Hello Princess people are starting to look elsewhere for their cruise vacations....we were extremely pleased with Celebrity in January and it won't take many more cuts for us to cross over the dock.[/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=3]I know about all the other changes but what's changed with the balcony furniture?[/SIZE]

[quote name='chamima']I agree!
This, coupled with all of the changes the last few months, doesn't look good. I think all of the Costa problems and the financial burden that is putting on Carnival Corp is filtering down.
Princess could have raised cruise fares by $50/pp and no one would have noticed but taking away something (even something small) that , as you said, loyal Princess cruisers have become used to is very noticeable.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I guess the reduction in entertainment was even a worse move for Princess & something that newbies won't know till they take a cruise to compare it to other cruise lines. I was getting bored with seeing the same shows for years on Princess but now with the introduction of the 30 minute quickie shows without any other options that night it really will be boring. [/FONT]:mad:

[quote name='chamima']I agree!
[/quote]

...and fuel costs.

Archived