Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Love it! What a great memory for you and your friends!
Yes, that was so much FUN! :D

He looks like a Pitbull wanna be.

HA! Now that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He really does! For those of you not familiar with Pitbull (a rapper), here's a pic:

Pitbull-pitbull-rapper-25553901-400-334.jpg

Edited by Host Faith

Great review and pictures. Your guys are defiantly having fun. You also have the right attitude to make 3 in an inside cabin work.

No issues or concerns from Rae on the top? I would be too afraid of sitting up and knocking myself unconscious.

Thanks! We had a blast. It's funny, Rae did bump her head just once getting out of bed. It wasn't too bad. She wakes up pretty slowly so she was pretty aware of her surroundings by the time she decided to get out of bed. She took the Pullman when we sailed the Carnival Glory, so she's a pro. Note to self: just have two to a room on the next cruise. She deserves to sleep in a regular bed by now, lol!

Okay, I'm cracking up at your "can't believe how big Liberty is" comment... JUST WAIT until you see the ALLURE! Just wait... LOL

LOVE the 70's pictures... looks like a great time. :D

You girls look great, and it's so good to see friends getting together. Love it!

Waiting for the rest... and going to check out your other reviews. :D

I figured the veteran Allure cruisers would be amused at that comment, lol. :p I can't wait to see the Allure!!! Thanks for the compliments!

Great pics and review so far Chrystal!

It's actually a spoken rule in our family that you don't start eating until I take a picture of the food ;)

Hi Curtis! Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I think that's going to be a permanent rule in our household too. Everyone laughs at all the pics I take, but they're grateful to have the memories of every detail once we get home. :D

Just a note; Crystal brought her own soda (Mountain Dew) in a 6 pack onto the ship. She packed it in her carryon. Security inspected it, then let her through. We had our cabin steward empty the fridge so she could store the sodas.

Hu Chrystal, I have read and seen many reviews and I have to say that I have never seen anyone do the kind of review you have done. It is fabulous. When you started at the beginning of your trip en route to Newark airport and on the plane, I knew that this was the kind of review I wanted to see and stay with. I knew that we would see the hotel you stayed in and more. Nice touch showing the jetblue tv set, water bottle and blue chips! I can so relate to all of it including the chocolate chip cookies at the doubletree suites. I believe thats the 1 at the Galleria. We stayed there years ago.

You have not missed a beat so far, Right on sister! i WAS on the Liberty in November and will be on her again in November.

Thanks for the great review! I also will be celebrating my 30th birthday with a cruise ... the Allure in September. I figure, go big or go home! LOL

Quick question: How far would you say the Blue Martini is from the port? I ask this because the hotel my friend and I are staying at pre cruise is right across from the port and I definitely want to check out the Blue Martini that night. It looks like a nice spot.

Thanks and I look forward to reading the rest! I have a special place in my heart for the Liberty as it was my first cruise and your CD was James Andrews. I had him for my Liberty and Majesty sailings and I simply love him; he does a wonderful job.

Edited by Virtopia

Chrystal; I, like everyone else am LOVIN your review! I am on the LOS April 5th sailing. The same Itinerary as yours. I am traveling w DH, DS (18) 2 other couples and 6 SIX! more 18 yr old buoys (haha boys). I am nervous because no one else has cruised before except our family. Thats a lot of pressure. I haven't made any reservations for shows yet~did you do that before hand? I am so happy you posted the menus. I want to share it with everyone in our party.

Thank you so much! Sounds like you're going to have an awesome trip. Actually, I booked the shows beforehand in the Pre-Cruise Planner on the RCI website. However, the show times were a little different than what was reflected online. But in the end, it ended up not really mattering. They weren't checking Seapasses for seating by the time we arrived, and we still got pretty great seats for each show. So it was not that big a deal.

No worries about trying to make sure everyone will have a good time- they absolutely will! There are so many great things to do on the ship, they can do as much or as little as they want. I would, however, determine what you plan to do in Cozumel. It's a beautiful island and there are lots of options. You can check out the Cozumel Boards for more info and ideas.

Happy sailing! Relax, everyone's going to have a wonderful time . :)

Edited by Host Faith

Hu Chrystal, I have read and seen many reviews and I have to say that I have never seen anyone do the kind of review you have done. It is fabulous. When you started at the beginning of your trip en route to Newark airport and on the plane, I knew that this was the kind of review I wanted to see and stay with. I knew that we would see the hotel you stayed in and more. Nice touch showing the jetblue tv set, water bottle and blue chips! I can so relate to all of it including the chocolate chip cookies at the doubletree suites. I believe thats the 1 at the Galleria. We stayed there years ago.

You have not missed a beat so far, Right on sister! i WAS on the Liberty in November and will be on her again in November.

Thank you, glad to know you're enjoying the review :). Yes, we stayed at the Doubletree next to the Galleria Mall. It's a nice area, nicer than people tend to state on review sites. I was expecting something completely different, and my expectations were exceeded.

All you Liberty cruisers have me tempted to book another sailing immediately before or after the Allure.....hmmm.....let me see if we can work out a B2B, that would be awesome!

Thanks for the great review! I also will be celebrating my 30th birthday with a cruise ... the Allure in September. I figure, go big or go home! LOL

Quick question: How far would you say the Blue Martini is from the port? I ask this because the hotel my friend and I are staying at pre cruise is right across from the port and I definitely want to check out the Blue Martini that night. It looks like a nice spot.

Thanks and I look forward to reading the rest! I have a special place in my heart for the Liberty as it was my first cruise and your CD was James Andrews. I had him for my Liberty and Majesty sailings and I simply love him; he does a wonderful job.

Hi Virtopia! Awesome way to celebrate your 30th! Great choice!

I think the Blue Martini is about a 15-minute taxi ride from the port. We were considering staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 or the Hilton Marina Resort, but couldn't beat the price of the Doubletree Gallery One. Either way, the Blue Martini and Truluck's were in our plans. I would definitely take some time to enjoy the evening there. It's worth the drive.

Another awesome review! :) Loved your Adventure & Serenade reviews which I read some time ago. Even though I have no immediate plans to sail Liberty, I knew I just had to read your review. Glad you had such a great time with your friends. Thanks for all the work you put into these! Love, love, love reading them! :D

Another awesome review! :) Loved your Adventure & Serenade reviews which I read some time ago. Even though I have no immediate plans to sail Liberty, I knew I just had to read your review. Glad you had such a great time with your friends. Thanks for all the work you put into these! Love, love, love reading them! :D

Hi Hancogran! Thank you so much for reading! I look forward to writing these reviews almost as much as the cruises themselves :)

So we woke up the following morning at around 10:30 AM. Because we were in an inside, I thought it was about 8:00 and was surprised when I looked at my phone (on airplane mode, no roaming charges) to see that it was so late. :eek:

Crystal had some plans to do several activities, so she got dressed quickly and cheerily made her way to the Royal Promenade. She’s a total activities girl. Myself, I love the sunshine and sea breezes you experience while on a cruise, so I was anticipating some wonderful, relaxing time on the pool deck with my Kindle Fire.

Rae decided to join me as she had the same thing in mind. Before that, we went to breakfast, her favorite meal of the day. She reasons that you can only find bacon and eggs on the ship for breakfast, all the other foods are readily available the entire rest of the day. So breakfast is not to be missed on our trips. Fortunately, the Windjammer was open until 11:30 AM.

IMG_0453.jpg

It took a couple minutes to find a seat, and once we did, we found one right by the window. Now, having had two cool, rainy days so far, I was getting concerned about the weather. Well my worries were totally unfounded. What an incredible view to go with breakfast!

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

We put our things down and went to get some food. I tried the omelet station. They can make omelets, but people don't realize that they can fry or scramble plain eggs, fresh for you. Rae got eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

My omelet had ham, cheddar, mushrooms, and tomatoes. So yummy. Sorry, it was so good that I took a bite (or two or three) before taking the pic:

IMG_0463.jpg

I have to say kudos to the omelet station attendant. She's in the pic above. I don't recall her name, but she was always so polite, patient, and friendly in the midst of the chaos that is the Windjammer. She always had a smile.

Next, we stopped at Royal Caribbean Online (walked down to Deck 8) for a couple minutes on the Internet. All I wanted to do was email Wesley and check to see if I had any business orders. I paid by the minute, no need for a package. I think my Gold Crown and Anchor Coupon paid for that 5 minutes that morning :D

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

We put our things down and went to get some food. I tried the omelet station. They can make omelets, but people don't realize that they can fry or scramble plain eggs, fresh for you. Rae got eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

My omelet had ham, cheddar, mushrooms, and tomatoes. So yummy. Sorry, it was so good that I took a bite (or two or three) before taking the pic:

IMG_0463.jpg

I have to say kudos to the omelet station attendant. She's in the pic above. I don't recall her name, but she was always so polite, patient, and friendly in the midst of the chaos that is the Windjammer. She always had a smile.

Don't know why I noticed or why I am commenting on it and I could be totally wrong but it looks like the attendant is wiping her nose as she reaches for a plate.

Great review. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Don't know why I noticed or why I am commenting on it and I could be totally wrong but it looks like the attendant is wiping her nose as she reaches for a plate.

Hey Mark! You know I never noticed that myself. Maybe she was swatting something away? Not sure :confused:

I had always wanted to see the Art Auction, and it was in the On Air Club that day. I was an Art History and International Business (interesting mix) major in college. Plus they were serving free champagne. Checking it out couldn't hurt :D. We got our tickets and admired the great artwork. Once we found out that the painting I liked had a base price of $3900 :eek:…….it was time to go, lol.

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

I saw that too, but then thought maybe she was just covering her mouth while laughing....:confused:

Faith, I have gone back and read all your other reviews....I love them so much, I want to be on a cruise with you - you have such a beautiful spirit and it shows...it would be wonderful to be around such great, positive, love-life people!

I really enjoy Romero Britto's work. You'll find it on RCI ships often. I loved his painting of a dog. Reminded me of my beagle, Dewey (his pic is my avatar here on CC).

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

A beautiful, passionate piece:

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Cheers!

IMG_0474.jpg

We made our way to the pool deck, and boy was it packed!

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

We were fortunate to quickly find two chairs up on the 12th deck, with a good view of the activities and the screen. The sun was strong and warm- love it! The staff was out in full force selling cold beverages. I had a bottle for cold water that I refilled in the Windjammer (poured the water into cups, then into my bottle) pretty often. I would also refill it with water from room service at night, and leave in the fridge to get really cool for the next day.

No need to buy anything- we just had some champagne, and actually brought it up to the pool deck with us! :D

IMG_0482-1.jpg

I saw that too, but then thought maybe she was just covering her mouth while laughing....:confused:

Faith, I have gone back and read all your other reviews....I love them so much, I want to be on a cruise with you - you have such a beautiful spirit and it shows...it would be wonderful to be around such great, positive, love-life people!

Yeeeah......I like to think she was covering her mouth or swatting something out of her face...:o??

Thank you so much, that's so sweet of you! You never know, perhaps our paths will cross on a cruise, it would be great to meet you!