what are you reading on board?(besides the compass, that is)

Matt&Heather

I'm going to be finishing the Hunger Games series . . . read the first one but saving the second two for my cruise. I also downloaded a book by Sophie Kinsella, who wrote the shopaholic books - very light reading but I enjoy her.

Figuring to load the first two Vince Flynn novels on my Nook. That ought to do it for the cruise. "Term Limits" and "Transfer of Power". Also perhaps Anne Coulter's "Demonic" for a change up from fiction.

Between flying to/from and on the cruise, I usually go through at least 3 books on a 7 nighter. For our upcoming April B2B ( 2 7's) I've already earmarked 6, and will probably take 2 more as well.

Kindle is a WONDERFUL thing! No paper books to pack & lug about.

I'm going to be finishing the Hunger Games series . . . read the first one but saving the second two for my cruise. I also downloaded a book by Sophie Kinsella, who wrote the shopaholic books - very light reading but I enjoy her.

Would also recommend the Hunger Games trilogy-in the middle of the 3rd and forcing myself NOT to read except on the weekend or nothing would get done. :rolleyes: If you want some "chick"reading I would highly recommend the Jen Lancaster books (she has 4 I think) Very fast reads and laugh out loud.

Try Julian Stockwin's Kydd series, Alexander Kent's Bolitho series or O'Briens Aubrey/ Maturin series- all are gripping, and for me, anyway, enhance the cushiness of my cruise experience by the narrative of the rigors of the age of sail.

I don't know how inspirational it will be but I just received the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy. I'm holding back from starting until this Sat. when we go to the Allure. Should be very interesting if it lives up to all the chatter.

Butterfly625

If you have not already done so, you must read " Cruise Confidential" it gives you the inside scoop of what life is like for the crew. Once you read it, you will never think of cruising the same. I ordered the sequel and am hoping to get it by next Thursday when we leave for Pt Canaveral.

I normally grab a couple of books from the ship library, will be taking some to donate this time too. My shelves are overloaded.

Thank you for the great suggestions! I had forgotten about the Hunger Games... I will have to grab that one.

I discovered the Stephanie Plum series on my last vacation a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

From the looks of this thread, I'll be hitting Amazon up heavily tonight to read some blurbs about all these recommendations.

I usually take at least one biography, plus several novels. Last week, I took my chemistry book on the Epic. NOT light reading...:rolleyes:

heehee. I got a Ben Franklin bio for Christmas in hardcover that I've been waiting patiently to read until the semester is over, but I don't see myself lugging it onto the ship. :)

Down loaded " Cruise Confidential" by Brian Bruns onto my IPad for my Jewel cruise, only got half way through, but it's an interesting memoir by an American guy who goes to work for a cruise ship (Carnival). It's fun, and a bit profane, but I haven't finished it!

I don't know how inspirational it will be but I just received the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy. I'm holding back from starting until this Sat. when we go to the Allure. Should be very interesting if it lives up to all the chatter.

I just bought the first one today! Plan on reading that one and have the following on my nook and ready to go: A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute, The Firery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (I'm about half way through it), Bright Young things by Anna Godbersen

If you have not already done so, you must read " Cruise Confidential" it gives you the inside scoop of what life is like for the crew. Once you read it, you will never think of cruising the same. I ordered the sequel and am hoping to get it by next Thursday when we leave for Pt Canaveral.

I normally grab a couple of books from the ship library, will be taking some to donate this time too. My shelves are overloaded.

Down loaded " Cruise Confidential" by Brian Bruns onto my IPad for my Jewel cruise, only got half way through, but it's an interesting memoir by an American guy who goes to work for a cruise ship (Carnival). It's fun, and a bit profane, but I haven't finished it!

LOVED that book! Didn't know there is a sequel...Im gonna have to check it out!

Archived