what are you reading on board?(besides the compass, that is)

Matt&Heather

We have had good luck with the swap bins in the libraries on the ships we have sailed. Discovered several authors we had otherwise overlooked including Stuart Woods. Next time out just before leaving the home wifi we'll check the hot lists at Amazon and Barnes and Noble to load up some meaningful stuff on the Kindle and the Nook (still on the fence about which we prefer.)

That is available on Kindle. I would also recommend Devils on the Deep Blue Sea. I thought it was fascinating. If nothing else it is a great description of how the cruise ship industry has consolidated (Carnivalized).

I like to take sea disaster books:o. This last cruise I took Fastnet Force 10. http://www.amazon.com/Fastnet-Force-10-Deadliest-History/dp/0393308650/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331950894&sr=8-1

I'm trying to buy Fastnet Force 10 on Kindle and it says to Pre-order it for publish date of 2/29/16! huh:confused:

One Second After by William Forstchen - gripping and thought-provoking. I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks.

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson - interesting story of wreck divers who found a U boat off the New Jersey shore

Crashing Through by Robert Kurson - story of a man blinded as a child and given his sight back as an adult and the amazing story of the challenges (I never realized that sight is more about the brain than the eyes). Great book.

I found Forrest Gump in a ships library a few years ago, very differant than the movie, I 'll say no more. The 4 book trilogy of the Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams is great fun. C.S. Lewis put out a space trilogy that is a far cry from the Narnia series but worth checking out. Any thing by Clive Cussler is always fun and an easy read on board.

Archived