What is the best or worse thing a cabin neighbor has done?

scomar

One cruise we had kids running up and down the hall yelling at all hours - I mean until 2-3 in the AM. I saw what cabin they went into - ha ha. I called them at 5:30 in the AM when I had to pee and said "hey wakie wakie" your kids kept me up until 2AM - called them again at 6AM - actually had to stay awake to do this one and said "wakie wakie" - I then told them I would call them tomorrow at 4AM/5AM/6AM until they controlled their effing kids. Never had a problem after that.

Had an aft cabin on a cruise to Alaska. The minute we started to cruise Tracy Arm Fjord (at a slow peaceful cruising speed), the corner aft cabin cranked up their music really loud for all in the aft section to "not enjoy". Wouldn't have minded, if it wasn't so loud. We could barely carry on a conversation. We wanted to hear the wake and enjoy the sounds of nature. I went to ask them to turn the music down. They were on their balcony, and needless to say, they couldn't hear me knocking at the door. I called security. Music was turned down shortly thereafter.

Have a little respect people! Not everyone likes the same type of loud music.

Had an aft cabin on a cruise to Alaska. The minute we started to cruise Tracy Arm Fjord (at a slow peaceful cruising speed), the corner aft cabin cranked up their music really loud for all in the aft section to "not enjoy". Wouldn't have minded, if it wasn't so loud. We could barely carry on a conversation. We wanted to hear the wake and enjoy the sounds of nature. I went to ask them to turn the music down. They were on their balcony, and needless to say, they couldn't hear me knocking at the door. I called security. Music was turned down shortly thereafter.

Have a little respect people! Not everyone likes the same type of loud music.

One cruise we had kids running up and down the hall yelling at all hours - I mean until 2-3 in the AM. I saw what cabin they went into - ha ha. I called them at 5:30 in the AM when I had to pee and said "hey wakie wakie" your kids kept me up until 2AM - called them again at 6AM - actually had to stay awake to do this one and said "wakie wakie" - I then told them I would call them tomorrow at 4AM/5AM/6AM until they controlled their effing kids. Never had a problem after that.

LOVE YOUR POST! Will replicate! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OK can we make this the last reply on this thread about smoking. This horse has been beaten to death on many other threads. We all know the pros and cons of smoking by now. Thanks so much for no longer posting smoking replies on this thread. There are plenty of threads dedicated to the subject out there.:)
Hard to argue with you. Yes, this horse has been beaten to death on many other threads. True true true

BUT isn't the topic What is the best or worse thing a cabin neighbor has done?

For many the worst thing was enduring a smoker on theirbalcony. Sorry for adding to the repetition.;)

What were the Canadian and Texan fighting about?

As best I remember, it was about mad cow disease!!! The Canadian man was furious that the US wouldn't import Canadian beef at the time. Being that we (and the other couple) were from Texas, he started in on all of us but the other woman took the bait and it was on!

On the way back to the cabin, I told DH that I was not sitting through another evening of that. He convinced me to try one more night and Canadian guy was sweet as pie; I told DH his wife must have jerked his chain good when they got back to the room.

I think that was their last night at the table before she got so sick but we had figured out that they were our next door neighbors by then.

Hehehehe. Love it!:D

Hard to argue with you. Yes, this horse has been beaten to death on many other threads. True true true

BUT isn't the topic What is the best or worse thing a cabin neighbor has done?

For many the worst thing was enduring a smoker on theirbalcony. Sorry for adding to the repetition.;)

Yes it is true I asked for what is your best or worst cabin neighbor stories I assumed (shame on me for assuming) that it would be more of a state your story, not to defend your point of views as to why the particular action one speaks of makes it a bad or good neighbor. I have not seen any other action defended such as, slamming doors, speaking loudly, loud music, kids running in the hallways, hitting their wifes or playing the bagpipes. I believe defending your point of view for smoking is for the smoking threads. Smoke or not smoke I for one am not here to judge but to have a little fun before I go on my cruise. This is what I intended for this thread when I started it. LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!:D:D:D Just one more added note. Seems like the subject of smoking now a days ranks right up their with religion and politics LOL

I love to have a morning breakfast of lox/bagels and coffee on my balcony in the morning while viewing the sea. It's one of the favorite things I look forward to most when cruising, even more than any excursion.

That said, worst experience was a chronic smoker upwind ruining my breakfast, EVERY MORNING. Even in the evening before dinner I like to have a balcony drink while my sig/other gets ready. Again, was ruined by rancid smoke nearly every time I went out.

Less obnoxious and more funny was the amorous couple in the next room. Kinda got me in the "mood" too!

A while ago there was a post about neighbor kids breaking into a stateroom by climbing over the balcony divider. They stole booze, if I remember correctly. That would be the worst I have heard about.

As for my own experiences, I have never experienced a bad neighbor on a cruise. I am hoping that doesn't mean I am due for one on my upcoming cruise!

wasn't a neighbor, at least I don't think so. But one afternoon I was catching a nap while DD was at Camp and I had some peace and quiet. well that was short lived cuz shortly after laying down I was awakened by 3 people in the hall outside my room. I'm non-confrontational, so I didn't peak, but this is what I got from listening. It was a very drunk young lady, and another lady and a guy trying to help her to her room. They kept asking her what her cabin number was, and she couldn't remember. I guess she was on the floor, cuz they kept telling her to get up and walk or they were going to pick her up. The guy was commentating on everything they were doing, probably to cover his butt if someone heard or complained, but he kept saying he is just trying to help her up and not tryin to feel her up. She did keep saying she wasnt going to hook up with him. He said the other girl was going to lift her up, and then i heard the scuffle, I guess the drunk girl bit the other girl, so she punched her, I know this cuz the guy said it. LOL. He eventually picked her up and thew her over his shoulder and carried her away, saying that was what he was doing the whole time. He did keep saying they were helping her so the ship wouldn't cut her off from alcohol. Great friend, huh?

This was last Wednesday on the Splendor while in port at Cabo. This was the worst 'spring breaking' that is encountered the whole week. Other than my own 15yr old disappearing at night so we couldn't find him, and then staying out all night. needless to say, he lost out on any other fun stuff, like excursions.

As I sit here and read all these stories of neighbors from h***, I kept thinking about my video camera that I take with me on trips. I was wondering about the looks on their faces as they see and/or hear themselves played back to them. ;) Or....how about the Lido's big screen????

Well, I wouldn't say that we've ever had any real horror stories with cabin neighbors...been pretty lucky so far. We've been woken by loud adults or kids walking (or running) by our cabin. Also have been woken by stewards pushing their carts or vacuuming the hallway. And the door slammers always bug me.

We accidentally booked a connecting cabin once and could hear the neighbors argue quite a bit and play their TV or music really loudly, but they would be fairly quiet from 11 pm-8am...so all was good (but we won't book a connecting cabin again...unless our friends or family are in the connecting cabin).

We have had a balcony on only 1 cruise (our last one and now I'm hooked :)) and we did have smoking neighbors, but it didn't bother us and we could only smell the smoke if we were right up against the divider to our 2 balconies. So we sat on the other side of our balcony where our other neighbors hardly ever came out. Some folks nearby did leave their balcony lights on 24/7 and that did irk me a little, but not a vacation ruiner.

We were in an OV cabin on the Fascination (main deck, 154 or 156). I was woken every morning around 6-7 by a scraping/dragging/bowling sound above me. The sound would go on for a good 30 minutes or so and would get me good and awake where I couldn't go back to sleep. While in port I looked up to see that there were some balcony cabins on the deck above us that had inset balconies and I thought that maybe one of them was over my OV cabin and the noise was them dragging chairs on their balcony (like maybe they were having breakfast out there). I went up one flight and found the cabin that would be over mine and knocked...no answer, so I slipped a note under their door asking them to be a bit more quiet on their balcony at 6-7 am. Then, when I got home and looked at deckplans...I realized that it wasn't a balcony above us at all, but an OV. Oops :eek:.

We were in an OV cabin on the Fascination (Upper Deck 118). After coming back from port one day, I was taking a nap and someone was banging on my door. I was half asleep so I didn't answer the door. Finally, they stopped knocking and they slipped a note under their door asking me to be a bit more quiet on my balcony at 6-7 am. I don't know what the guy was thinking, I was in an OV room. Weird.

One cruise we had kids running up and down the hall yelling at all hours - I mean until 2-3 in the AM.

I saw what cabin they went into - ha ha.

I called them at 5:30 in the AM when I had to pee and said "hey wakie wakie" your kids kept me up until 2AM -

called them again at 6AM - actually had to stay awake to do this one and said "wakie wakie" -

I then told them I would call them tomorrow at 4AM/5AM/6AM until they controlled their effing kids.

Never had a problem after that.

LOVE IT. Excellent strategy. Well done!

:D:D:D Just one more added note.

Seems like the subject of smoking now a days ranks right up there with religion and politics LOL

Can't imagine why!

It's a Government-approved health product that the FDA approves of!

If it was bad for us somehow, I'm sure the FDA woulda pulled it long ago. :)

Breathe deeply when you smell it -it's good for you. Your Government says so.

Can't imagine why!

It's a Government-approved health product that the FDA approves of!

If it was bad for us somehow, I'm sure the FDA woulda pulled it long ago. :)

Breathe deeply when you smell it -it's good for you. Your Government says so.

What I meant is the arguments it can cause just like when having discussion about politics and religion

Archived