Early Saver Adjustment?

rkersh409

Can someone please try to explain where I am getting confused? We paid a total of 1525.10 ($709 per person) for mid ship, balcony, and on Lido deck. I called and talked to Carnival to be moved to the Empress deck and had a $30 onboard credit just from going from Lido to Empress Deck. At the time it was still $709 per person. Now the total is 1445.10 ($669 per person) for mid ship, balcony and Empress Deck. Which is a difference of $80 which is what is showing as onboard credit? The way I am adding it up is there was a $40 per person drop in fare plus the $30 difference in decks. So I think we should have $110 onboard credit. But again the two totals are only $80. Can someone explain what I am missing?

Thanks,

Robert

I'm surprised they allowed you to downgrade, since if you are truly early saver fare, you cannot downgrade. They should not have allowed a OBC for this if they allowed it as a favor to you.

At the time there was no rooms available on the Empress deck and I made it clear to the carnival rep that I wanted on the Empress deck when booking. I understand its a downgrade 8D to 8C but its only two decks down and the rooms are the same.

At the time there was no rooms available on the Empress deck and I made it clear to the carnival rep that I wanted on the Empress deck when booking. I understand its a downgrade 8D to 8C but its only two decks down and the rooms are the same.

You were still lucky. Either a supervisor booked it .. or they got a supervisor to ok the downgrade.

So, have you called to make sure that the OBC you are seeing is all there is.

Sometimes the new OBC covers up old OBC .. and the $30 you dont see is still there. I would call my booking agent and ask to verify the OBC .. and if its not right, get them to fix it.

You were still lucky. Either a supervisor booked it .. or they got a supervisor to ok the downgrade.

Sometimes the new OBC covers up old OBC .. and the $30 you dont see is still there. I would call my booking agent and ask to verify the OBC .. and if its not right, get them to fix it.

Im not sure if i get the $30 or not?

Sometimes they will "downgrade" you to a different catergory, but if you are ES, another "no downgrades" rate or you are after final payment date, they will not adjust the fare, but will give you the cabin you want. While the cabin it is considered a downgrade, you remain at the fare you paid.

Im not sure if i get the $30 or not?

CALL your booking agent to send you a written confirmation via email that can be printed out.

Archived