Thomson on BBC news

There has just been an item on BBC South East Today TV news about a couple from sussex who are suing Thomson over illness contracted when on a cruise.

They were on a Dream cruise to the Canaries last November and 3 days after boarding Mt Atkinson contacted what sounds like norovirus. His wife then got the bug. Other passengers were also ill.

From what their solicitor said it seems they are being represented by the same company which is leading the legal action over the Dream in 2010.

Thomson say they issued letters to passengers reporting the illness and precautions were in force etc.

What do you think their chance of winning the case is?

There has just been an item on BBC South East Today TV news about a couple from sussex who are suing Thomson over illness contracted when on a cruise.

They were on a Dream cruise to the Canaries last November and 3 days after boarding Mt Atkinson contacted what sounds like norovirus. His wife then got the bug. Other passengers were also ill.

From what their solicitor said it seems they are being represented by the same company which is leading the legal action over the Dream in 2010.

Thomson say they issued letters to passengers reporting the illness and precautions were in force etc.

What do you think their chance of winning the case is?

Just shows what a sad world we live in, where you have to sue someone for anything.

They got ill, it probably ruined their holiday, bit is that Thomson's fault, is that not what holiday insurance is for?

Geez, if we all sued someone for getting ill going somewhere, no one would be allowed into buildings!!

I was on that cruise and Thomson did everything possible to halt the spread of the virus, even after letters to all cabins were issued plus extra cleaning of walls, handrails etc some folk still didn't use hand gel or wash their hands after using the toilet:mad: Neither my wife or I were ill but on one night I just couldn't stay awake and felt shattered, I put it down to the AI:D but perhaps not it seems:confused:

Just shows what a sad world we live in, where you have to sue someone for anything.

They got ill, it probably ruined their holiday, bit is that Thomson's fault, is that not what holiday insurance is for?

Geez, if we all sued someone for getting ill going somewhere, no one would be allowed into buildings!!

Ditto for me.:)

Jan

That's the attitude that's made the ambulance chasers their fortune and the rest of our insurance premiums go so high.

Quite right, people just want to blame someone, things happen, you can catch things just going shopping.........

Some people are just unbelievable. I mean come on, it's not like Thomson did nothing and just left it to happen. We even have someone on here stating what they did because they were in the ship.

Some people are just unbelievable. I mean come on, it's not like Thomson did nothing and just left it to happen. We even have someone on here stating what they did because they were in the ship.

The story was not repeated on any of the later bulletins and I could not find it on the BBC online so it must have been put in as a human interest filler.

I don't think the couple have much chance unless they can prove that catching the bug was down to Thomsons negligence.

I was on the Celebration in 2010 and I caught the Novo Virus on the last night :( have to say I was quite ill, but the Docotr came and did not charge either. It was, I found out everywhere on board, but did I sue, no, they were trying to contain it, and what is the point it was not the Ships fault and I work for Marine Lawyers as well :D

Archived