Sorry another Ins. question

vbecky

I asked the same question of my insurance provider. I booked a month ago and asked if there was a time limit to how long after you book that you can buy insurance. The answer: none! If my trip insurance was $300 a month ago, it will still be $300 a week before I cruise. From the insurance agency perspective, at least in terms of trip cancellation, they have less exposure to things that could result in a claim if I wait until a week before I sail.

I used to wonder if for a winter cruise, where the biggest reason for claims is due to snowstorms, you could decide a week before your trip to buy insurance. i.e. if you saw the 7 day forecast called for a big winter storm on the day of your flight, you could buy the insurance then.

All a question of how bad it would sting if you didn't have insurance and lost all those vacation dollars!

If you go to insuremytrip.com, you'll be able to do side-by-side comparisons with several companies that sell travelers insurance, and be able to choose which policy best suits your needs, based on cost and coverage provided. To answer your question though, no, it's not too late. It is however too late to get a policy that would cover a pre-existing condition. For that, you would need to purchase your insurance within two weeks of your initial deposit.

Archived