? About Dessert at Blu

RealDeal

I think this may be the only area that DH may be slightly disappointed.

He is a big dessert guy and loves Princess's desserts.

He never eats everything on his plate--ever. But he does with his dessert.

I haven't seen a single mention of a souffle on this board at all. Desserts must not be X's forte.

Oh well....he likes creme brulee.

:-)

I haven't seen a single mention of a souffle on this board at all. Desserts must not be X's forte.

I will tell you we had THE best souffle ever in Specialty restaurant Murano. Everything was outstanding there but the souffle was exceptional!

kymbakitty, I don't think your hubby will be disappointed:). My hubby is a dessert guy as well and he never had an issue finding something that he wanted on the menu anywhere we dined while on the Eclipse. We were AQ and he was over the moon with anything he ordered.

As previously stated, the Grand Marnier souffle in Murano is to die for. Murano is really a wonderful experience from appetizer to dessert! :)

kymbakitty, I don't think your hubby will be disappointed:). My hubby is a dessert guy as well and he never had an issue finding something that he wanted on the menu anywhere we dined while on the Eclipse. We were AQ and he was over the moon with anything he ordered.

As previously stated, the Grand Marnier souffle in Murano is to die for. Murano is really a wonderful experience from appetizer to dessert! :)

I appreciate the info....

We typically don't do speciality restaurants. We've done a few on Princess, but it is really SOOOOO much food that there is never room for dessert, let alone the other courses they serve. If we ate all the courses served, we literally would be in pain from being too full.

That one of the reasons we are really looking forward to Blu. Smaller portions (so I hear). My DH is really a foodie....hasn't eaten at a fast food restaurant or even Denny's for 30+ years! But he really only eats until he is satisfied--something I still work on after all these years. :)

I'm sure he'll be fine and I think he will really like Blu. He doesn't like anything lowfat, fat free, sugar free or anything remotely resembling "diet," and yet he still stays slim...ugh.

:)

I appreciate the info....

We typically don't do speciality restaurants. We've done a few on Princess, but it is really SOOOOO much food that there is never room for dessert, let alone the other courses they serve. If we ate all the courses served, we literally would be in pain from being too full.

That one of the reasons we are really looking forward to Blu. Smaller portions (so I hear). My DH is really a foodie....hasn't eaten at a fast food restaurant or even Denny's for 30+ years! But he really only eats until he is satisfied--something I still work on after all these years. :)

I'm sure he'll be fine and I think he will really like Blu. He doesn't like anything lowfat, fat free, sugar free or anything remotely resembling "diet," and yet he still stays slim...ugh.

:)

Coming from a foodie, I thought the portions were very nice. We dined in Blu at breakfast and four dinners and other than maybe two days, we pretty much lived off of two meals a day because we were so stuffed. Breakfast was an event for us and another couple...we had the very best time and usually rolled away every morning from Blu. I gained weight on the cruise and I really didn't need to add any extra to myself! I personally found nothing diet like.

Oh to stay slim! HA!:p

Archived