Weird or Crazy things you have found in a stateroom

luv2cruiserccl

On 8/15/2013 at 7:56 PM, mr green said:

1955 on Homeric. Arriving in Quebec I pulled the draws out to check behind.The bottom draw had a line of perfume bottles behind it, about 12 to 15 as I recall.

I told my cabin steward, and his face said it all, but, landing in a new country I did not want any trouble, so I kept my mouth shut.

I was involved in some projects to convert several ro-ro freighters to pre-postioned supply ships.

When the demo crew pulled down the ceilings and wall in the crew quarters, it was AMAZING to see how much "stuff" they found.  Including MANY cigarettes, bottles of liquor, an a couple of Persian rugs.

I wonder why they were above the ceilings?????? 😄 😄

On 10/2/2013 at 11:21 AM, xnavydoc2 said:

This is a little off topic, but when I first brought my new Lexus RX 350 home, I noticed it had a first aid kit. I looked through it and found the usual stuff; bandages, antiseptic cream etc. and THREE CONDOMS! What a country!

I was in business class on Air France and my luggage did not arrive.  So they gave me a kit of "necessities" .

Toothbrush, comb, some perfume and aftershave, chap stick, and large AF T-shirt (could be used for sleeping), and yes, a condom.

Of course, they are French. 😄

I found a purse on a cruise ship and when I turned it in they had to fill out a whole page of paperwork ... on me.

I even use a work address on luggage tags.  Don't advertise that you're not home.

I all our cruises I've never found anything in a cabin.  Didn't look all that hard, but still.

The cafeteria trays and beach towels were an attempt to make a soft bed hard enough to sleep on.  We had one in Australia that was so sunken in that I ended up sleeping on the floor.

Edited by gooch47

On one cruise while inspecting the safe before putting anything into it I found a small white box under the front ledge.  When I opened it inside was a silver chain with a Blue stone carved to look like a turtle.  We took it to the passenger service desk and turned it in.  I waited until the lost and found log was filled out.  Never heard anything back from the cruise line.

However, as soon as the wife saw it, she said she wanted to find one just like it.  

Bob