Changes to FCC - From Princess

paul929207

I posted a question about the changes to the FCC's on the Princess page on Facebook. This is the response they posted:

Princess Cruises

Hi Paul, We are proud to have one of the richest onboard sales programs at sea. We offer one of the most flexible programs with some of the highest onboard credits. We are making a small change to the program to reflect the trend in Princess itinerary lengths and stateroom categories. The majority of stateroom categories and itinerary lengths have not been affected by this change - only window staterooms and voyages of exactly 10 or 16 days are impacted.

**All Future Cruise Deposits built on or after March 10, 2012 will be affected by this change.

**Passengers who have purchased their onboard Future Cruise Deposits prior to March 10, 2012 will still receive the benefits of the original program.

For more information on this program, please call us at 1-800-Princess.

about a minute ago · Like.

So they are saying that the OBC has not been changed to PER CABIN from PER PERSON.

Further clrification from Princess. Again posted on their Facebook page.

Princess Cruises Hi Paul,

Yes, if a 7 day cruise is booked in a balcony category the onboard credit is $50 per person (If each person has a deposit future cruise credit applied to the booking).

Someone posted that they also change the OBC to be per cabin instead of per person. So a couple usuing 2 FCCs and booking a balcony or better on a 17 day or longer cruise would get a total of $150 rather than each getting $150 like today.

If it turns out to be per cabin, I'd probably use one FCC and pay the regular deposit for the second person. Got to pay it all eventually and you wouldn't need to keep so many FCCs in your account for future bookings.

What was the FCC issue that was confusing? I never noticed it?

Bob

The old program listed the OBC values as per person.

The new program lists the OBC values as per cabin.

Many people did not notice the fact it says per cabin and that you must divide by two to compare the OBC with the old program.

If it turns out to be per cabin, I'd probably use one FCC and pay the regular deposit for the second person. Got to pay it all eventually and you wouldn't need to keep so many FCCs in your account for future bookings.

It says per cabin, but if you only use one FCC, you only get 1/2 the per cabin amount.

It says per cabin, but if you only use one FCC, you only get 1/2 the per cabin amount.

That is not what Princess posted on their Facebook page today. In answer to my question, these said the OBC was NOT changed to be per cabin. Only the change to the outside cabins and the 10 and 16 day cruises were impacted.

That is not what Princess posted on their Facebook page today. In answer to my question, these said the OBC was NOT changed to be per cabin. Only the change to the outside cabins and the 10 and 16 day cruises were impacted.

Correct, it was not changed to be per cabin.

However the FCC sign-up sheet only lists it as per cabin.

The heading over the OBC amounts is "Per stateroom shipboard credits"

So, for example, the $300 for balcony/Mini/Suites for 17+ days is listed as $300. However, it is allocated as $150 per FCC up to two people using FCCs in a cabin.

Correct, it was not changed to be per cabin.

However the FCC sign-up sheet only lists it as per cabin.

The heading over the OBC amounts is "Per stateroom shipboard credits"

So, for example, the $300 for balcony/Mini/Suites for 17+ days is listed as $300. However, it is allocated as $150 per FCC up to two people using FCCs in a cabin.

Did you find the new form or sign up sheet on line somewhere or did you actually buy a FCC on a recent cruise? I was wondering because you have mentioned several times that the new policy has changed the FCC OBC from per person to per cabin.

Did you find the new form or sign up sheet on line somewhere or did you actually buy a FCC on a recent cruise? I was wondering because you have mentioned several times that the new policy has changed the FCC OBC from per person to per cabin.

a) The new sign up sheet is on the ship, not on the Princess web site.

b) I did buy FCCs on a recent cruise, just a few days before the change to the new OBC amounts.

c) The FCC OBC is still per person, but the sheet lists the amounts as per cabin which only applies if two people in the cabin have used FCCs.

a) The new sign up sheet is on the ship, not on the Princess web site.

b) I did buy FCCs on a recent cruise, just a few days before the change to the new OBC amounts.

c) The FCC OBC is still per person, but the sheet lists the amounts as per cabin which only applies if two people in the cabin have used FCCs.

Thanks. Lucky for me that I also purchased my last ones before the change. Good to see that the OBC per person aspect as not changed.

Archived