VIV or cavetubing.bz

travelinteach

any opinions on which one is better or are they all the same???

Can't compare the two directly, but we went with VIV Tours on our stop last week and had a blast. Tour guides were great. We did zip lining and cave tubing. And the buffet lunch afterwards was one of the best meals we had all week.

• 2 weeks later...

Went on cavetubing.bz last week and it was awesome. It was one of the best excursions that I was ever on. David was our tour guide. He was very funny and very knowlegable. Everyone was very helpful, and felt very comfortable. Richard was our guide down the River. Richard was a big guy, and carried 4 tubes as well as his own down to the river (about a mile and a half walk). We went thru 2 caves. We were told that the ship tours only went in one cave. In addition, after going through one cave, people from the cruise tour got out of the water and walked back to the parking lot. After the second cave, we floated on the river , in the sun, for about 15 minutes. Very relaxing. After the tubing, we stopped at Vitalino's home for lunch and rum punch. The food was very good, and you can have seconds. The rum punch was good, and they brought a gallon of punch on the bus for the ride back to the port. David kept us amused the entire trip. Very funny and personable guy.

Both companies are excellent. We did use VIV last week for the zip line and cave tube tour and definitely preferred the way VIV's tubes are set up.

I don't think you can go wrong with either company. Have fun!

We used .bz about 6 or 7 months ago when we were there and had a blast.

Just so you know, all of the companies (and there are quite a few) go to the same place. Some include meals with their tour, others don't. Some give more of an "island" experience and tell you about interesting things along the way while others say they never had that. Some will tell you that you get 2 caves while others get to go 3 caves. In my experience, they will ask you when you get to the entrance if you want to continue.

The only difference that I've noticed between the two companies is that VIV hooks you together and .bz has you linked together with your feet (but it wasn't a problem since we went in small groups so we were just linked with our family). Also, VIV tubes have "headrest" and the mesh neat at the bottom of the seat. (Still not sure what that mesh net is going to do since there are several places along the tubing they yell "butts up" to keep you from hitting a stone in the water. I would think after awhile these "mesh nets" would start to rip).

Here is a link to my review I did with a link at the bottom of it to our pictures that day: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1485446&page=2

We're just back and used Vitalino Reyes (cavetubing.bz) tour company. We loved it: very professional and entertaining. Our tour was $45 US including transportation to/from cruise terminal, equipment, tour of 2 caves, and meal (chicken, rice, salad) and rum punch (lots!). I will post my full review in a separate post...

Archived