Camp Carnival - Age Check?

HiLiph

Can anyone actually verify that the Camp Carnival folks actually age verify the kids in the program? I was interested in knowing if anyone was successful in getting their (slightly) less than 2 year old into the program.

I have read that they check ages against the passport/birth certificate info obtained during embarkation.

We were on the Glory in January with 25 month old DD. The first morning, a couple was at the camp with their 22 or 23 month old. The counselor was adamant the child could not participate in the camp, and the parents were VERY upset.

HTH.

There are weird age things in Camp Carnival. I think they're pretty on top of things when it comes to checking it... On the Miracle cruise last year, we had a sweet little girl with us who was quite upset because she was required to wear an I.D. bracelet because she was under the age of... Something. I don't remember. All I know is, it prevented her from going to a few things with kids who were a few years older. She was crushed.

Maggi

When you go to the Camp registration, they have the ages of all the children from the ship documents. I don't think there is anyway around it. Maybe it will depend on how many children are on the ship the week you are going.

Maureen

It does not depend on how busy the camps are--your child needs to be the age by the date of sailing.

Example--if your 5 year old is turning 6 in another week= that child will go intot he 5 year old program. If the counselors find that the program is too boring they will move them up.

I would be really surprised if they took a child less then the age of 2 into camp.

Now camp does take kinds under two on port days and after 10 for a fee.

dont think you'll be able to do it. just off the pride and my daughter was 3 weeks away from the 2 year old age. we took her to play in the camp carnival room (from 12-2) with parent supervision and when we went they already had her name and age! we had to register her just so she could play in the room when the other kids were out. good luck!! :) they will take kids under 2 from 12-2 on sea days and first few hours of port days (if you have a tour scheduled with carnival) for $6.00/hour.

Should have done it here.

Little League head talks about pitcher scandal

One of our under-14 soccer teams played against a team, in a tournament, that had a very old looking "under 14" year old--he had facial hair! Anyway, kids do develop differently. BUT, after the game, he got into a car and drove away!!!;)

Archived