Goodbye Destiny

Well im Back from the Destiny for the last time and they are still doing the ship up like mad, a lot more than they did

over the New Year . White paint and varnish seemed to be the order of the day and every day.

I think the staff onboard all seemed about as informed as us lot as to what was happening regarding their jobs at the

begining of the week and seemed wary to say anything ,so the general answer was " we have been told nothing yet "

and I think those were truthful answers not what they had been told to say .

Some of the Staff were hoping to go onto the Majestey ,some even staying with the Destiny when it

becomes the Olympia. Others were even hoping they could go to other Thomson ships they had worked on before .

As for the Thomson Show team one of the boys did confirm that the Destiny show team are not moving the shows

over to any of the other Thomson ships.When I told them a lot of you lot on here were very sad about this,

one of the Showgirls told me ...

" They should not worry as we are a private company (based at keighley in Yorkshire) and are contracted to Thomson

so they will still see us around on the Other Thomson ships doing our thing but not on such a big scale ."

One of the days onboard Ray Bauer cruise director ,who also now lives in Yorkshire, held a question time with a few of the show team .

A lady asked him why the Show is not being transfered over to the other ships ?

To be fair his answer made sense ..

.." They would love to do so but they have people who are in contract on the other ships and same as the Destiny some have odd months

to go and due to other ships duties they have moving them would not be easy, not just the show team but bar staff, cleaners etc , how could they learn a new ship in a few weeks and give us (you) the service you have come to expect ? Or how would you train someone to take over the Destiny for a mere few weeks?

Thomson will move the longer contracts first as moving the shorter ones twice would not seem fair on the crew getting moved ."

Last night before we left the ship a few of the staff had being told that they would be on the new ship ,at least they can relax knowing they have a job .

Anyway I have had my last midnight curry in the Lido after our day at sea , never ate one in a force 8 gale before but it went down well,

so a bit breezy in the Lido and not many takers.

(but unlike RR and his currys , I never spilt a drop .;):p)

One of the days onboard Ray Bauer cruise director ,who also now lives in Yorkshire, held a question time with a few of the show team .

A lady asked him why the Show is not being transfered over to the other ships ?

To be fair his answer made sense ..

.." They would love to do so but they have people who are in contract on the other ships and same as the Destiny some have odd months

to go and due to other ships duties they have moving them would not be easy, not just the show team but bar staff, cleaners etc , how could they learn a new ship in a few weeks and give us (you) the service you have come to expect ? Or how would you train someone to take over the Destiny for a mere few weeks?

Thomson will move the longer contracts first as moving the shorter ones twice would not seem fair on the crew getting moved ."

.;):p)

Was this said in your bestest German Accent :D

Anyway I have had my last midnight curry in the Lido after our day at sea , never ate one in a force 8 gale before but it went down well,

so a bit breezy in the Lido and not many takers.

(but unlike RR and his currys , I never spilt a drop .

Oiii I heard that :p

Hope the crew on the new ship will be as good as the destiny was. Hope the crew on the majesty at the moment are busy painting and varnishing too!

Think you will find a lot of the crew will be Ex Destiny when they change over the ships.;)

Glad you had a great cruise!! Funny how now Louis want the ship back, all of a sudden there willing to do loads of work on it!

Thanks it was good , yes and anyone going on the Destiny again will be amazed at the amount of work going on but as you say ,not for us to enjoy. :(

Very sad news. I loved the Destiny and hope all the fantastic staff can find work on Thomson ships and continue to give their excellent services

I'm going to miss that ship too but the good news is we only lose the ship and not all of the staff .:);)

was this said in your bestest german accent :d

Oiii i heard that :p

ich verstehe nicht, ist ray ein yorkshire bursche, aber wir waren mit ihren schiffen umgeben.:eek:

:D:D

Was this said in your bestest German Accent :D

A little film I put together and about 1.40 into the film is the very man

for you to enjoy RR :D and for anyone else a glimpse of show team. ;)

Oh and when we docked Lanzarote this "Other :rolleyes:" Ship was there.:D

Maybe ours in a few years .:p

Archived