"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

Emcee207 thanks for the great photo, I was on the Solstice last year, love the Martini bar. Have heard my favorite bartender Santos will be joining the Silhouette soon. Now whether he will be in the Martini bar or Mocular bar is unknown at this time.

Radio head keep up posted.

Also if you could tell us what would be the earliest we should arrive at the pier.

Thanks again

Norma

If your DP on RCCL, when you book Celebrity you just have to tell them that and give them your Crown and Anchor membership # and they will assign you a Captains Club # and put you at Elite Status. Celebrity does not give you the balcony discount but their other perks are fine. You will get 90 min of internet each free, I think 2 dry cleaning, 2 pressings, 30 pieces of laundry all free, cocktails between 5 and 7 each night, Michael's in the morning for breakfast.....sort of continental breakfast with muffins, fresh fruit, etc. plus free cappacino, latte's and any other drink you want......such as bloody mary, mimosa, etc. I did not drink anything but latte's or cappacino's but I did see others drinking bloody marys. You help yourself to the food but someone will come over and take your order for coffee and drinks. You will also get invited to a party.

Check out the Celebrity website for Elite Benefits and they will all be listed.

Patty

Thanks for the post Patty..... OK Radio look at all the perks you are getting.... go out there and enjoy.

Radio - I just got off the Silhouette this morning. We had very smooth seas and good weather. Hope you get more of the same

Be sure to stop and meet Donette, the Captain's Club Hostess. I mentioned to her you were doing a "Live From" thread on Cruise Critic.

The Captain and crew were great. Having been on the ship in November, I must say they have already made improvements and this cruise was better than last.

Looking forward to all your posts - It will almost be like I never disembarked.

Enjoy!

Radio, So looking forward to your posts. Love you Live from threads. Was on this ship last November. Want to see if this ship wows you. I find either people love it or hate it. Not much like Mercury which I loved but I love this one also. You must be on her now exploring. Can't wait for your next post.

Pat

For the person asking about crew, I found the correct spelling of the captain's name. He is CPT Dimitrios Kafetzis. He's Greek, as is several of his senior officers. I must HIGHLY recommend you attend the show on the first formal night when the CPT makes his toast. It's one you won't want to miss.

Radio - I just got off the Silhouette this morning. We had very smooth seas and good weather. Hope you get more of the same

Be sure to stop and meet Donette, the Captain's Club Hostess. I mentioned to her you were doing a "Live From" thread on Cruise Critic.

The Captain and crew were great. Having been on the ship in November, I must say they have already made improvements and this cruise was better than last.

Looking forward to all your posts - It will almost be like I never disembarked.

Enjoy!

Hi Nancy! we are going on the silo on april 10th. can't wait. glad to hear you had great weather. two cruises ago didn't fare out so well.

hope all is well with you!

We were on 3/5/12, as well as 12/12/11 -- both were excellent and totally different. Be sure not to miss the Captain's speech the first night -- really sets it off to an entertaining good start. Looking forward as always to your review. Vicki:)

3 days at Sea will be nice for relaxing.

Great looking itinerary! Love the 3 sea days each way.

Have a wonderful cruise! I'll be on the Allure before you get back. Maybe I'll see your ship pass by off of Florida? :D

Great looking itinerary! Love the 3 sea days each way.

Have a wonderful cruise! I'll be on the Allure before you get back. Maybe I'll see your ship pass by off of Florida? :D

Brian - are you doing another review too? It would be something else for us to look forward to! :)

Just got off Silhouette this morning. Home by 12:30 PM and unpacked.

If you have Carlos Castillo as as your waiter tell him "aye, yi, yi", from Anne Maria.

Too bad you are not going to Labadee, Haiti. Everyone agreed it was the highlight of our trip.

Have a great time.

Brian - are you doing another review too? It would be something else for us to look forward to! :)

Yes, I will be writing up my experiences on the Allure. Don't expect it to be as extensive as the Oasis. But maybe it will be. :)

Thanks Buffett fan. :)

Great shot from the Webcam--

our April 10th roll call is waiting for the Sailaway today & following this thread!

our itin is different but we can't wait to hear all about it-

Wishing all on board smooth seas & sunny skies!!!!

Yes, I will be writing up my experiences on the Allure. Don't expect it to be as extensive as the Oasis. But maybe it will be. :)

Thanks Buffett fan. :)

Looking forward to it - I picked up so many good tips from your last review that I was able to use when I was on the Allure! Plus, it's always nice to live vicariously through others when they are cruising...thanks so much! :)

Hello everyone. . .

Welcome to Day 1 of “LIVE” from Celebrity Silhouette !

The drive up to Bayonne was not bad at all. I left a little later than I planned, but I was able to make good time with little traffic.

I had to stop along I-95 for a Starbucks break, but I arrived in Bayonne in about 3.5 hours. I had time to stop for a final Starbucks before I drove into the Pier area. I was able to stop at the 911 Memorial Park (right in Cape Liberty) for a few pics of our ship. It was a little cloudy on the way up, but the sun came out just as I entered the park.

Check in was very fast, and the agents were very friendly and efficient. After I parked my Car I walked into the Terminal at about 11:25. . .I had a short wait and I took the shuttle over to the ship (about a 3 min drive). I walked on the gangway by 11:45. . . Very nice.

I grabbed a bite to eat, and walked around the ship while I was waiting to drop all of my stuff in the cabin. The time suggested was 1:30PM. This is a new ship for me, and it may take me a few days to get my bearings while I explore the ship.

I can tell you that this may be the beautiful ship I have ever sailed on. I love the art work, and décor. . .every turn makes me want to stop and enjoy the beauty of the surroundings. I will have a few days to try to see all of the spaces on board.

Our muster drill is at 4:15, and our sail away is scheduled at 5PM. Here are a few pics from my arrival to Cape Liberty. I will try to get more pics from our sail away later tonight.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

OK, This way to Cape Liberty. . .

A1.JPG

Ahhh, my first sight of Silhouette

A2.JPG

I had to get a photo of Silhouette as from the Memorial Park

A5.JPG

Celebrity Silhouette is a beautiful ship. . .

A6.JPG

I make it into the security line.

A9.JPG

Check in was very fast

A10.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

There was a nice lounge for passengers to wait.

A11.JPG

After a short shuttle ride, I make it to the Gangway.

A14.JPG

Ahh. . . My home for the next 12 nights

A15.JPG

The pool deck looks very inviting. . .

A21.JPG

We are close enough to see the Statue of Liberty

A25.JPG

It looks like we will have great weather for our sail away !

A24.JPG

Radio! I just came 'on board' with you and look at all the posts already!! I have a sticky note stuck on my computer reminding me of your March 29th cruise. You are such a popular guy, everyone is so excited to tag along with you & have fun plus admire your great pictures. So, lets go!!!

dm

Archived