"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

Hi all!

pkexton ~ thanks for posting those photos. I had no idea what it was, very nice.

Radio ~ I'm following along again too. No cruise for me for months so love cruising virtually with you. Did they welcome you aboard with a drink & do they show you the actual desserts in the MDR still ? Those were a couple of the things I liked about X.

Have a great cruise & thanks so much for taking us along!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

Just got off the Silhouette yesterday. They do welcome you aboard with sparkling wine, mimosa or orange juice. The desserts are not presented in the MDR. Instead they hand you a separate dessert menu after you are done with dinner.

Hello everyone. . .During the Captains’ Noon announcement, he suggested that we are 190nm East of Cape Hatteras and traveling at about 17.5Kts. We still have 1132 nm to go until St. Thomas.

Today’s weather is pleasant with sunny skies, and calm seas. The temps are around 70F, but it feels warmer. The pool decks are packed today !

Our Cruise Critic Connections meeting was well attended. It was nice to meet many of the people who have been posting in the Roll Call. The CD thinks that it might be one of the largest CC groups he has seen (185 CC Members) About 24 of us went on a Cabin Crawl after the meeting. We able to view several cabins and suites. Thank to all of the members who offered their cabin for viewing

I took dozens of pics today, but here are just a few from early morning. . . More pics later. . . It’s time for news. . .

Radio

I walk through the Hideaway Lounge every time I go to my cabin. . .

B9.JPG

The early risers breakfast begins daily at 6AM.

B10.JPG

I was able to have a nice Café Americano while at the Tuscan Grille.

B23.JPG

They offered a simple Continental breakfast that was very good.

B25.JPG

The Deck 14 Elevator lobby was being graced with lots of sun. . .

B18.JPG

Here is the Jet boat I would love. . .Celebrity Silhouette Rescue Craft.

B21.JPG

Radio - Do you know how many Elite are on this cruise? It must not be that much if they are doing the 5-7 Elite Cocktail in Michael's Club.

The Loyalty Mgr suggested 300. . .

I made a mistake when I said Michael's. . . .The happy hour will be in the Sky Lounge. . . .

Radio

;);)

Radio, Thank you soooooo much for the great pics. I'm soooo enjoying both your commentary & pics. We are on the Summit in May, but definetly would consider this ship next time! Celebrity should pay you to go on their cruises! What ship is next for you? Enjoying, Kathie

I really like that the Hideaway Lounge is just a few steps away from my cabin. . .so there is always coffee that is very very close. . .

Hi Radio,

Enjoying your review up to date, I knew you would love this ship, we have not been on the Silhouette but have been on the Equinox and Eclipse. I agree with you they are very beautiful ships, they have the WOW factor.

Tell me where is the hideaway lounge you keep talking about?

Enjoying every minute of your cruise and look forward to cruising along with you.

Suz

Radio, I'm enjoying your "Live" posts. I'm travelling on the Silhouette in December when it takes the transatlantic from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. It will be my first Celebrity Cruise. What a beautiful ship! Can't wait to board her....

Hi Radio,

Enjoying your review up to date, I knew you would love this ship, we have not been on the Silhouette but have been on the Equinox and Eclipse. I agree with you they are very beautiful ships, they have the WOW factor.

Tell me where is the hideaway lounge you keep talking about?

Enjoying every minute of your cruise and look forward to cruising along with you.

Suz

The Hideaway Lounge is on Deck 7 midship. . .

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

CELDP.jpg

I am not sure why the connection was bad for a couple of hours. . .but it seems OK now. . .

Here are a few more pics from this afternoon. . . I will try to post again after dinner.

Radio

A game of Bocce was just played up on Deck 14 at the Lawn Club

B41.JPG

The Alcoves were pretty empty today($149 at Sea Rental per day and $99. for port day rental)

B43.JPG

They looked very comfortable though. . .

B46.JPG

The Lawn Club Grill is up on Deck 14 as well

B45.JPG

I may eat here later next week. . .

B44.JPG

The Porch is open for Breakfast and Lunch (Deck 15)

B47.JPG

Here are just a few more. . .

Radio

The views were nice up on the Solstice Deck (14 FWD)

B36.JPG

The Sports Courts were on the same deck up front.

B35.JPG

The Solarium is spectacular.

B38.JPG

This was one of the most popular spots on board

B39.JPG

The pools got a real workout today.

B33.JPG

The sun was very strong, and a lot of passengers enjoyed the day.

B34.JPG

I am not sure why the connection was bad for a couple of hours. . .but it seems OK now. . .

Here are a few more pics from this afternoon. . . I will try to post again after dinner.

Radio

The Alcoves were pretty empty today($149 at Sea Rental per day and $99. for port day rental)

B43.JPG

They looked very comfortable though. . .

B46.JPG

Thanks Radio!! Appreciate the quick response:)

Here are just a few more. . .

Radio

The Solarium is spectacular.

B38.JPG

This was one of the most popular spots on board

B39.JPG

And Thanks again!! Looks very inviting!!

Enjoy your first formal dinner:D

Sure is a gorgeous ship:),, We were thinking about booking it for our cruise next Jan...but the family will be cruising with us for this cruise so we opted for the Oasis,,really looking forward to the "big"ship:)..

Maybe in 2014 we will give Celebrity another try,,has been a long while since we sailed with them,,,last few cruises we sailed on the Millie and loved that ship,,,but these new ones really out shine the M class...:cool:

Sure is a gorgeous ship:),, We were thinking about booking it for our cruise next Jan...but the family will be cruising with us for this cruise so we opted for the Oasis,,really looking forward to the "big"ship:)..

Maybe in 2014 we will give Celebrity another try,,has been a long while since we sailed with them,,,last few cruises we sailed on the Millie and loved that ship,,,but these new ones really out shine the M class...:cool:

And thanks Radio for another great review...love them....

Archived