Do you think it is worth the money to stay in an OWB while cruise ship is in port?

D-ma

If you think it is worth it which port Bora Bora or Moorea? I would book the room myself since it is almost half off. I also purchased a IC loyalty card which will give me some percs. I am only staying in a OWB the night before the cruise and I am afraid that I maybe sorry not to experience another night.

If you mean should you take one of the nights of your cruise off the ship, during your cruise, then no, I don't think it's worth it. The experience on the ship is wonderful, I wouldn't miss a minute. But that's just one person's opinion.

I haven't stayed in an OWB, but I have stayed in a wonderful beach bungalow out in one of the islands in the Tuomotus--that was wonderful, and worth it, but it was 3 nights, and it was before the cruise.

Can you manage an extra night at the IC before the cruise?

I'm with Wendy! The experience on the PG truly is magical, and I wouldn't skip a single night of it. :) You'll get plenty of time in the water while on the cruise, as long as you book a few snorkel excursions, plus you've got Motu Mahana and the private motu on Bora Bora for snorkeling at no extra cost. You'll have the one night in the OWB - and for the rest, enjoy the magic of the Paul Gauguin! :D

I should mention that as far as I'm concerned, there is nothing more wonderful than sleeping on a boat, being rocked to sleep by the movement of the water, even in port. That's one of the best parts of cruising, IMO.

Thanks for all the great advice Lee. I changed my excursion to do the drift snorkeling after you explained how it was run. I can not wait to experience it.

So glad I could help! That's the great thing about this forum. It's a great way for people who haven't cruised yet to learn things to help them with their decisions and plans, and it's a great way for people who've already cruised to continue to re-live the experience by talking about it ad-infinitum with others. :D

(And I hope I've made up for being snarky earlier - I feel bad about that, I was having a rotten day and just went over-the-top. So anything I can do to help... :))

D-ma, we decided against it for the very reasons given...we have already paid for an amazing experience and dont want to add more (considerable!) expense for another experience, even if it's great. I'd rather wait till I'm not on board the ship to enjoy that! If we had the time, we would have loved to include this as a post stay, but with two teens at home, instead of staying in in Moorea, we are doing the double redeye to get home:(

Archived