Taxi and Carseat Question

wework2play

I posted this on the Cozumel port of call page, but it doesn't get much action.

We want to take a taxi to a beach in Cozumel. We have a 3 year old with us. What do we do about a car seat? Does he just ride in a regular seatbelt? Advise please. :confused:

We had an 8 month old, just took him and held on.

The taxi drivers are pretty good and you are only going down a straight road and not that far for most beaches, we went to Nachi Cocom, about 10 miles.

Just buckle 'em up you will be fine.

Thank you, and this is what I thought, until I read a thread on the Cozumel board that a poster said to tip the taxi extra for his time while loading and unloading the carseats. ?? Where the heck would you get a carseat? lol. ;)

OP, I'm a child passenger safety technician. You might want to look into one of these: http://www.bubblebum.co/us/ I have no personal experience with it, but it's an inflatable travel booster seat. You never know what might happen... car crashes can happen anywhere, and adult seat belts can be very dangerous to children whose bodies aren't quite developed enough yet to fit in them properly.

I posted this on the Cozumel port of call page, but it doesn't get much action.

We want to take a taxi to a beach in Cozumel. We have a 3 year old with us. What do we do about a car seat? Does he just ride in a regular seatbelt? Advise please. :confused:

The ones we've been in while in Coz didn't even have seatbelts.

This is also the same place where I saw a father driving a scooter with

about a 4 yr old boy standing between his legs, the mom on back with

an infant sitting on her leg.

Things are a little different there. ;)

The ones we've been in while in Coz didn't even have seatbelts.

This is also the same place where I saw a father driving a scooter with

about a 4 yr old boy standing between his legs, the mom on back with

an infant sitting on her leg.

Things are a little different there. ;)

In that case.... maybe nevermind!!! :eek: I'm a crash test engineer so that stuff just plain freaks me out!

OP, I'm a child passenger safety technician. You might want to look into one of these: http://www.bubblebum.co/us/ I have no personal experience with it, but it's an inflatable travel booster seat. You never know what might happen... car crashes can happen anywhere, and adult seat belts can be very dangerous to children whose bodies aren't quite developed enough yet to fit in them properly.

I just bought one of these. We travel and rent cars frequently and lugging the cars seat is a pain and renting a car seat thru the car rental agency is a crap shoot. They either don't have the right one or it looks like its been thru a war.

We're going to use it in 2 weeks so I'll report back with my findings.

Archived