The "MUST" pack on a cruise

It's because at this point, the cruise lines crew have been diligent about standing there and throwing away all of the food that the passengers are attempting to remove from the ship. There are huge garbage containers at every gangway. I remember on Elation, the gentleman in front of me was angry because he had just gotten a huge cup of coffee - into the garbage it went. Although they make an announcement on every cruise. And they print it in every ship's caper, compass, daily - someone always thinks that it doesn't matter - they should try to "get away with it".

Some people believe the rules don't apply to them. Where do you draw the line? A ham sandwich is ok but a burrito isn't? This rule is justified, just follow it for crying out loud.

Enjoy your cruise:cool:

Couple of questions....

I see people saying that they bring a collapsible cooler to keep drinks cold in their room. We're big soda drinkers and plan on bringing some 20 oz sodas on board.

Should we bring our own collapsible cooler for ice or can we request a bucket (like what they serve the bucket of beer in) from our room steward?

Also, I got some of those roll-up type bottles (like this: http://cdn2.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Sip-N-Go-Reusable-Water-Bottle.jpg to fill with water (maybe add a drink mix) for when we're at port.

These won't be confiscated when leaving the ship will they? I don't want them to end up in "the big garbage can" for violating food/beverage laws.

Thanks for the help. :)

They have Generic conditoners in cabins

I've never seen any. Conditioner is a must as your hair really dries out in the salt and sun.

Rum runners.

CC sign for the door.

Overe the door thingie--a must. Pack it full and just hang it up. Unpacking is a cinch.

Large mug with top. Coffee in am, lemonade later or alcohol.

Collapsable cooler is a must. Carnival's platinum gift is perfect and doesn't condense. The beer buckets don't keep ice a really long time like one of these coolers. If yours condenses put it in the shower so the floor doesn't get wet.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

My crazy must packs:

-First aid kit (with meds)

-large insulated cups with lids

-ALL my usual toiletries (including MY shampoo and conditioner)

-a hoodie (even in the warm Caribbean... it's cold in the theatre and other places in the ship)

-All our documents go in a sealed baggie to be protected from elements

For my upcoming cruise, I've packed a rolling carry on bag and that's it...don't need a bunch of the other stuff...it's only a week or less. (This is JUST ME, I'm not saying it's wrong to take everything including the kitchen sink.)

More than one pair of walking shoes or sandals for walking around. Your shoes can get wet or a strap break, or just get uncomfortable day after day. I learner this the hard way. I had plenty of dress shoes, but only one pair of walking around shoes. Big mistake.

I've always packed an inexpensive over the door shoe organizer. Easy to fold up and pack...and the best thing for holding sunscreen, blow dryer, toiletries, hairbrushes, shampoo, jewelry, etc. hook it inside on the bathroom door with the included hooks, or on some ships I've hung it on one of the numerous towel bars. This is the best way to keep everything organized inspite of the limited cabinet space in the bathrooms. The only time I did not use it was when we splurged on a suite two years ago. I keep one in a "cruise essentials" bag just for this purpose! Already have it ready for our "Girls" cruise in June.

Edited by BeeCruisin

Here's one I haven't seen listed yet (but specific for women): Waterproof mascara AND equivalent remover.

Last cruise I brought along waterproof mascara. I usually wear regular. I did not, however, bring makeup remover that takes OFF waterproof mascara. Lots of scrubbing and looking like a raccoon trying to take it off at night, and could never find any to buy anywhere.

Baby oil works.

Well at least with your $17 wrap you weren't breaking any laws.... In MANY ports it is ILLEGAL to bring meats, fruit and other unprocessed food into the country. So, be happy in the fact you're not a scoff-law.

I don't really have any clue. I know when I'm craving potato chips on board I just call room service and ask for a plate of them to be delivered if the dining venues are closed. I guess some people are just too lazy or shy to wander out to the buffet and grab something. :D

Some people are DIABETIC and insulin dependent. When their blood-sugar drops, they don't have time or the ability to get dressed quickly and walk (run) the length of the ship and wait in line for a quick "sugar-picker-upper"..... and room service is not that fast.

Over the door shoe holder. It works great. We put everything that fits in it, including sail and sign cards, excursion tickets. Easy to find that way, and keeps the counters clear. We buy the cheap ones and toss it at the end.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

chapstick - I use several times per day, even at home

beach tote bags - (I've forgotten on several occasions, never again!)

OTC meds, band-aids

salty, crunchy snacks (I didn't like the $5.00 price for a canister of pringles)

light windbreaker or hoodie (even in July, the ships can be very cold in certain areas)

plastic trash bags for dirty laundry (when packing to go home)

3 swimsuits (as someone mentioned, don't want to wear a 'damp' swimsuit the next day)

WATER SHOES - I forgot those one time, and could barely walk on beach

aloe vera gel - (have you ever paid $12.00 for the gel on the ship?)

sun hat - my 17 year-old dd is embarrassed when I wear this, lol!

beach cover-up

Power strip. I have a lot of stuff to charge.

Every single person I know with cruising experience told me to get a power strip. I was all "what am I going to need THAT for". Then I counted the devices in my packing list and the number of chargers I was bringing. Power strip is packed. :D

I always pack a small travel clock that glows. It's just a little digital one with a built in light and I bring it because I try to keep my phone turned off and I truly despise not knowing at night what time it is. On our first cruise I'd wake up in the middle of the night and have no idea if it was 2 am or 5 am. All I knew was it was dark out. Drove me nuts.

This cruise I am packing a flashlight after reading the Costa reports...not sounding scared because we have sailed quite a bit but just being safer.

Even if there isn't an emergency, it's still a good thing to have a little flashlight with you. How often do you look behind the bed because you dropped something, have to look in someone's throat to see if they have strep or just sinus drainage, read somewhere dark, or need something that doesn't provide enough light to wake your spouse when you need to find the ibuprofen in the middle of the night?

I have a little one that lives on my purse, plus one that flashes and changes colors that I can clip to me when I'm riding my scooter so people can see me better.

Edited by Twibbs