Crown Bay Pier Activities..

gigglesgee

What is there really to do on your own around Crown Bay?

I've docked in Havensight before and was able to basically walk to ANYTHING I wanted to. Should I try to get a taxi over to that side if I wanted to do some shopping, eating, etc.?

Note: I've toured all over this Island and this time in I was just really wanting to get a little shopping in…..just not familiar with the Crown Bay pier area.

What is there really to do on your own around Crown Bay?

I've docked in Havensight before and was able to basically walk to ANYTHING I wanted to. Should I try to get a taxi over to that side if I wanted to do some shopping, eating, etc.?

Note: I've toured all over this Island and this time in I was just really wanting to get a little shopping in…..just not familiar with the Crown Bay pier area.

There are some shops at Crown Bay - some the same as in the downtown core - but the downtown offers more if you want to shop. There is a shuttle that takes you there at a nominal cost or you can take a cab.

If you have seen enough of St. Thomas - and depending upon what you want to shop for (unique?) why not take the ferry to Saint John. Very pretty - cute shops (totally different than St. Thomas). You can either diy or most ships offer a ferry transfer. When I priced it last year, the ship's ferry was only $1 more than if I diy so, for the first time in years, I did a ship's excursion (well, transfer).

Crown Bay has some shops. If you want the full-tilt shopping experience, take a cab to town. More options for types of shops (not just jewelry, although there is a lot of competition for jewelry sales!) as well as bars/restaurants.

Most if the crown bay stores matched downtown prices. There are only so many jewelry shops you can go into! For cosmetics, you need to go downtown. There was a liquor store but it's selection was not as extensive as downtown. Lots of handicrafts and the ubiquitous del sol.

Archived