Liberty “Funship-Two-Point-'WHOA'!” Review; Eastern Caribbean; 31 March 2012; Pics

MisterMom

By this time, I was REALLY fuzzy so I’m depending on my notes and pics to refresh my memory.

Upon return, I headed to the gym for some steam and sauna (S&S – not to be confused with Sail and Sign). While initially painful on sunburn, the steam really eases the discomfort so I enjoy Carnival’s FREE steam rooms (as opposed to some other cruise lines).

After a shower and return to the room, Derrell informed me it was time for our pre-dinner tradition, SUSHI!!! While the sushi bars on the ships aren’t typically the most innovative or unique, we’re generally pleased with the selection and the quality. Recommendation: always check the sushi menu for the additional, optional side. This evening, there were two roll options and some spicy shrimp as the side. They’ll gladly offer you the sushi rolls but one needs to ask for the side.

I wanted to get my FIRST DRINK from the Alchemy Bar AND enjoy my sushi. HOWEVER, do not try to eat your sushi at Alchemy. You will be politely (and not so politely in some cases) asked to leave. I was confused but rather than argue with the bartenders on whom I would depend on the remainder of the cruise, I chose to drop off my sushi at one of the comfy loungers on the Promenade. I then returned to Alchemy to order my top choice of beverages to try, the spicy chipotle pineapple martini. SOOOO good.

DSC01456.jpg

I think I was still a little “fuzzy” as you can tell by the focus on this photo….

DSC01464-1.jpg

We walked around the ship before dinner and I captured a couple VERY cool photos. Did I mention that one purpose of this trip was for me to find my new desktop photo? I took a photography class and everything.

DSC01477.jpg

THIS picture is the desktop pic on my laptop….

DSC01474-1.jpg

Time for dinner. This evening was definitely the prime menu for appetizers.

DSC01505-1.jpg

Derrell had prosciutto ruffles. Not bad.

DSC01510-1.jpg

I had the smoked chicken quesadilla and French onion soup. I wish they BOTH were on the everyday menu. Yum!

DSC01509-1.jpg

DSC01512-1.jpg

Cam ordered the study in sushi. Also good.

DSC01511-1.jpg

The apps were so good, the entrees paled by comparison so I didn’t capture them.

The main stage show was a ventriloquist. I heard good things about the show, but we were so tired, we headed to bed. Such lightweights.

DSC01515-1.jpg

Time to get rested for FDAS1!

I wanted to get my FIRST DRINK from the Alchemy Bar AND enjoy my sushi. HOWEVER, do not try to eat your sushi at Alchemy. You will be politely (and not so politely in some cases) asked to leave. I was confused but rather than argue with the bartenders on whom I would depend on the remainder of the cruise, I chose to drop off my sushi at one of the comfy loungers on the Promenade. I then returned to Alchemy to order my top choice of beverages to try, the spicy chipotle pineapple martini. SOOOO good.

DSC01456.jpg

Ahhh the Memories of the Alchemy Bar! Am enjoying reading your review. Brings back many fond memories of my own voyage on the Liberty. That was one of my favorite Martinis (ok so I had a few favorites!)

Great review! I hope to sail on the Liberty this summer.

I used that roadside attraction website on our last roadtrip in 2009. We drove out to the Grand Canyon. I too drove my family nuts! I have never thought of looking at the stops along Fl/Ga as I am to busy heading to the ship.

Love the boat! If ya see a crazy woman waving at ya on Lake Lanier it's me! LOL

Today was the predetermined chill out day. We woke up early to grab loungers at the Versailles (aft) pool near our buddy, Paul’s, station so he could keep the drinks coming.

DSC01518.jpg

The chair hogs were in full effect. There were about 10 loungers claimed with no one on them for over an hour. I ended up giving up our third lounger pretty early on since Cam never showed.

This took up most of the day so I’ll spend some time featuring some of the ship and the cabin. I now realize that I didn’t take anywhere near enough interior pics. However, the pics below will give you a feel of the overall décor and Funship 2.0 upgrades.

A unique thing on the Liberty from other Carnival ships is how “toned down” the décor is. Lots of floral paintings framed by wrought—iron-looking thingies. The lights in the various chandeliers were LEDs so were constantly changing color which was a very nice effect.

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

The Promenade….

DSC02042.jpg

The rear atrium….

DSC02103.jpg

The proscenium in the Venetian Palace Theater…

DSC01632.jpg

The Blue Iguana Tequila Bar….

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

Across the main pool deck is the Red Frog Rum Bar….

DSC02397.jpg

Freddy had to jump in the pic….

DSC02441.jpg

I’ve already featured Guy’s Burger Joint so I’ll just show this view….

DSC02409.jpg

And one last 2.0 upgrade that holds a special place in my heart…. The Alchemy Bar. However, this magical place will be featured when I get to Friday and we take The Mixology Class!!!

Cabin pics are cabin pics so I didn’t take any. However, I want to highlight a couple things that I haven’t seen before online.

Here is the content of the mini fridge.

DSC02351.jpg

The “good” side of the fridge….

DSC02352.jpg

If you’re reading the Hunger Games or saw the movie, you’ll understand why I think this tile hanging over the toilet is HI-LARIOUS!!!

DSC02288.jpg

Early on, we discovered that we had a plumbing issue in our bathroom. Instead of draining out, the shower water would come out of the drain in the bathroom floor. Yuck, yuck.

DSC01572.jpg

I figured this was a chronic problem in the room and wanted some sort of recognition that we would be suffering this issue the remainder of the cruise. I presented my issue to the Main Desk which was well-received by a very empathetic young lady. She asked if it were permissible for the plumber to enter our room while we were out. When we returned, lo and behold, the issue was remedied! Go Carnival plumbers!!!

Recommendation: Bring a power strip!!! I’m pretty proud of our “charging station….”

DSC01576.jpg

Recommendation: Put your phones on Airplane mode to avoid roaming or data charges!

(we still had to plug the camera battery charger in the bathroom!)

We had that "lovely" table for three a couple of weeks before you. I hated having to sit with my back to everyone all week. But we did enjoy Peter! He was so friendly. I would have rather been on the lower level in the middle of it all, but oh well!

We loved the Liberty and reading your review is making me miss it so much!

Loving youre view so far!! just finished reading all pages and now I keep refreshing hoping you've continued LOL. Great pictures by the way. After youve finished the review do you mind telling us what camera you used? we are going on the liberty on september and wow im so anxious now:) Cant wait to read more:D

Archived