Liberty “Funship-Two-Point-'WHOA'!” Review; Eastern Caribbean; 31 March 2012; Pics

MisterMom

Excellent job - excellent pics and bringing back lots of great memories!

Looking forward to the rest! :D:D

Your review is a great model to follow! Thanks for the compliments. I should be able to work on more tonight.

Excellent review so far!! I too am recalling wonderful memories, and can't wait to go on this itinerary in exactly one year!

Can't wait to read about your strawberry experience - I don't think I'll ever be able to eat them without remembering that experience!!

Love the Mockingjay book in the background of one of your pics - Chris and I love the books and the 1st movie!

You mentioned a plug in the bathroom?! Where has this been hiding my whole life? I always thought it was one of those wonky international plugs!

Keep up the great work - I look forward to reading the rest!

Excellent review so far!! I too am recalling wonderful memories, and can't wait to go on this itinerary in exactly one year!

Can't wait to read about your strawberry experience - I don't think I'll ever be able to eat them without remembering that experience!!

Love the Mockingjay book in the background of one of your pics - Chris and I love the books and the 1st movie!

You mentioned a plug in the bathroom?! Where has this been hiding my whole life? I always thought it was one of those wonky international plugs!

Keep up the great work - I look forward to reading the rest!

On the Miracle the plug was above the shelves on the left side of the mirror. It said for electric razor only. I used it to charge my phone...

After morning pool time, and another Guy’s Burger, Derrell and I walked around a bit and ended up in Serenity. We got a special pass for Freddy.

DSC02431.jpg

“Artsy shot” attempt….

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

Above Serenity….

DSC01541.jpg

Below Serenity. Packed.

DSC01537.jpg

Time for formal night!

DSC01579.jpg

DSC01578.jpg

Cameron really wanted to meet Jaime Dee, the cruise director. Jaime was simply great. We spoke briefly about how rare female cruise directors are. She says there are only 3 with Carnival. While she doesn’t yet have a ship of her own (she fills in for Cruise Director vacations), I’m absolutely positive she’ll have a ship of her own soon. She is personable, approachable and kids and adults alike responded really well to her!

DSC01585.jpg

Dinner…

DSC01626.jpg

Dinner must not have been that impressive as I didn’t take many pics. I do remember the Spaghetti Carbonara. YUM!

DSC01629.jpg

Of course, I also got the lobster but didn’t photograph it. I must have been reeling from the Pink Victoria!

The show that evening was “Wonderful World.” Pretty good. And g’night. St Thomas in the AM.

Time for formal night!Cameron really wanted to meet Jaime Dee, the cruise director. Jaime was simply great. We spoke briefly about how rare female cruise directors are. She says there are only 3 with Carnival. While she doesn’t yet have a ship of her own (she fills in for Cruise Director vacations), I’m absolutely positive she’ll have a ship of her own soon. She is personable, approachable and kids and adults alike responded really well to her!

DSC01585.jpg

We had a female named Jamie as our first CD on the Pride in 2008 so I assumed it was the same person. I certainly wouldn't mind cruising with this Jamie though ;)

We had a female named Jamie as our first CD on the Pride in 2008 so I assumed it was the same person. I certainly wouldn't mind cruising with this Jamie though ;)

I can see why he wanted to meet her...she is adorable! :)

So honored you've posted! Speaking of Hunger Games, did you see my pic of the tile in the bathroom??? Also, the plug was above my head.

Cassandra may take issue with your comment.... LOL

Awesome Review.

Did Cameron do Club 02?

He met some kids in Club 02 and I believe they went off and did their own thing.

So was the Pink Victoria good?

'Twas delish! I highly recommend.

Mister Mom--loving your review! What a great family and you all looked so handsome on formal night.

May I ask a silly question? Does the safe on the Liberty open with an old gift card or is it a number code? Want to be able to prepare my friends going with us. Thanks again!:)

4/3 Day 3 – St Thomas, USVI (Paradise Point Tramway and Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel)

We picked this cruise based on the itinerary. In the past, being a cruise ship junkie, I picked based on the ship. We did the Dream 2 years ago and the Oasis of the Seas last year. For me, it was challenging to return to a “normal” ship like the Liberty but with the 2.0 upgrades, it was definitely worth it. Plus, ALL the ports were just amazing. We can only take Nassau, Cozumel and Costa Maya so many times. Thus, this was our first time in St. Thomas and we were not disappointed.

We started out the day with breakfast in the Lido as we were docking. My pics aren’t the greatest as they were taken through the ship windows while the fam finished their breakfast.

Side note: Do you get that pang of excitement and anticipation when pulling into a new port? What adventures will it have in store? Will the people be nice? Will we find clean bathrooms? How many times will we be hit up to take a cab? J

Here’s the approach to St. Thomas and all those feelings above are stirring in me as I post these pics!

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

We shared the port with the Carnival Valor and Celebrity Eclipse….

DSC01643.jpg

In this shot, you can see the towers for the Paradise Point Tramway going up the hill. Oh, of course, there was a Senor Frogs….

DSC01646.jpg

(Cam lucked out with a “free gift” from Senor Frogs. He looks as if he’s already taken advantage of the free gifts. Maybe he’s just tired. No free gifts for you, Mr. Minor….)

DSC01808.jpg

More port shots….

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

A quick debark and we’re finally in St. Thomas!

DSC01657.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

We had a few hours to kill before the excursion we booked through Carnival. In my research, I found that the Paradise Point Tramway was within walking distance of the port so we headed off in search. After getting hit up by SEVERAL cabbies, sheesh, we found our way to Paradise Point Tramway. $21 each… ouch.

Boarding….

DSC01662.jpg

In the gondola….

DSC01663.jpg

A sister ship view….

DSC01665.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01673.jpg

At the top is a “nature trail” with several caged birds and mammals. It was meh. I was more interested in the non-caged animals, like this little guy (or gal)….

DSC01676.jpg

Here’s the obligatory shot of the cruise ships from Paradise Point, but still gorgeous….

DSC01681.jpg

After the nature trail and picture taking, we stopped at the bar so we could have a refreshment.

IMAG0474-1.jpg

I did have a “world-famous” bushwacker, which was, essentially, a frozen mudslide. It was worth it but one of the other customers recommended ordering an extra “floater” to make the drink stronger. I knew I was going to have some drinks on our excursion, so I chose to stick with the bushwacker as is.

There were some arts and crafts vendors set up. We look for Christmas tree decorations on our voyages and we purchased this hand painted gourd from a US ex-pat who “followed a man” to St. Thomas. 25 years later, they were still going strong!

DSC02485.jpg

We made our way back down the mountain to do some shopping and meet our excursion.

There must be one in every port….

DSC01682.jpg

Mister Mom--loving your review! What a great family and you all looked so handsome on formal night.

May I ask a silly question? Does the safe on the Liberty open with an old gift card or is it a number code? Want to be able to prepare my friends going with us. Thanks again!:)

It's as if you read my mind. I meant to include this in the "cabin" section above. The safe was a card-reader safe, which I found annoying. Begin rant - If we keep our passports, valuables and other important documents in a safe that only one person has access to (the person who has the card), what's the point in case of an emergency? In case of emergency and we're separated on the ship, our SOP is to go to the room and get the safe contents. We wait 5 mins or so for the other and if he hasn't arrived, we head to a safer location. Then, if the other returns to the cabin and the safe is empty, we know the other has been to the room and is elsewhere. So, if only one person can access the safe (and loses cards like we do!), the card-reader-type safe defeats multiple purposes. End rant.

DSC02289.jpg

I had not thought of using an old gift card instead of one of our credit cards so let's make that a recommendation! Thanks!

It's as if you read my mind. I meant to include this in the "cabin" section above. The safe was a card-reader safe, which I found annoying. Begin rant - If we keep our passports, valuables and other important documents in a safe that only one person has access to (the person who has the card), what's the point in case of an emergency? In case of emergency and we're separated on the ship, our SOP is to go to the room and get the safe contents. We wait 5 mins or so for the other and if he hasn't arrived, we head to a safer location. Then, if the other returns to the cabin and the safe is empty, we know the other has been to the room and is elsewhere. So, if only one person can access the safe (and loses cards like we do!), the card-reader-type safe defeats multiple purposes. End rant.

DSC02289.jpg

I had not thought of using an old gift card instead of one of our credit cards so let's make that a recommendation! Thanks!

We would put the old gift card (often a card snagged from wherever we shopped last before embarkation because we seem to inevitably forget the dumb thing before hand!) in one of our closets with some clothes. A place the steward hopefuly isn't poking at, but one that either person can find. I had locked my MP3 in there once, and spent 2 hours searching the ship for my BFF, who had the damn card. That's when the closet became our hiding spot!

Archived