AFT Wrap on Early Saver ?????

Catrin

Hello,

We are booked in an AFT Wrap on Early Saver..... and so far, we have not seen any type of price adjustment from what we have paid.

We are still over six months out, but other categories have had at least one reduction.

For those of you who have booked Aft Wrap cabins on ES.... did any of you receive a price adjustment?

I realize that every cruise is different, but I would love to know my chances!

With only six of these on the Liberty, I am sure the chances are slim.

thanks for any info!

Catrin

Guest LoveMyBoxer

In our last three cruises on our aft-wrap on the Miracle, we have never had a price drop. As you stated, they are so few and coveted that it is very rare to have a price drop. That being said, if you see any aft-wraps still availblle or even OS, you might get lucky. I have seen people being offered OS suites over aft-wraps, and yet there were no takers!

I have never seen a price drop either. DH and I booked our Legend Aft in May 2003 for March 2005 cruise and never got a drop. We have one booked for Pride March 2013 and would love a drop. Not holding our breath though!......Karen

These aft-wraps on the Spirit Class ships are COMPLETELY different than on the other ships......and don't hold your breath waiting for a price drop......

However, if you book the right aft-wrap on other ships, you may have some luck if you take some time investegating room categories. On the Dream, cabins 9472 & 9475 are Cat-D balcony rooms.....and we received about $240 or so in price drops last year. The same rooms on lower decks were categorized as Premium Vista Balconies....once they are gone, they're gone!

Even though we have a Vista Suite (aft-wrap suite) and an Ocean Suite on the Legend this year, I still look for price drops at least once a day!

A great Carnival PVP can help you too....

Last May on the Magic we had an aft wrap booked. These all sold out quickly so we couldn't price match to anything - we were ES. All of the other categories were dropping a lot and finally the ocean suites were less than what we paid. I tried to get the OBC and keep the wrap but was denied. We ended up moving to the suite since we each received $650 OBC. We couldn't justify keeping the wrap and losing $1300. Our friends were also in a wrap and when we gave up our cabin we called them so they could now match the price before someone grabbed our cabin and they received $800 each in OBC. We've had wraps before and probably will again but the $1300 would just have been gone. I'm glad we made the change.

Have not had a price reduction ever, 16th cruise to come in Jan. Never have seen a price drop for a wrap around balcony or the aft balconies between them. Have had both the wrap and several aft extended balconies.

We had an aft wrap on Freedom last September; no price drop. This year, on our August Liberty cruise, we received $300 reduction on our aft wrap (we're before final payment). The Ocean Suites are now the same price as our original aft wrap price. i guess we got lucky!

Hello,

We are booked in an AFT Wrap on Early Saver..... and so far, we have not seen any type of price adjustment from what we have paid.

We are still over six months out, but other categories have had at least one reduction.

For those of you who have booked Aft Wrap cabins on ES.... did any of you receive a price adjustment?

thanks for any info!

Catrin

We booked (9C) August 2012 Splendor Aft Wrap, Early Saver. We booked 1st week of January 2012. Via ES we have saved $280.00. When booked was $2278/cabin, as of this date $1998/cabin. I check the 9C daily, as of today there are still cabins available for our cruise date. First time cruising Carnival. So far, so good.:)

No luck here either. However, I never saw the price as low as the one I got for our aft wrap on our upcoming Legend cruise before they sold out. We booked ES back in Sept and the final wrap booked about 2 months ago. By that time the price had gone up about $500, so ES worked for us. I think when you book wraps you just have to do it early to get the lowest price possible before they start going up & up.

I booked 330 days out and never saw a single price drop (category has been sold out), but, on a better note, I have seen the other baloconies priced higher than what I paid, so, I am happy with what we paid :D

I book so early, the only time I've seen a price drop for my cruises was for a PT on the Inspiration..it was only a 4 day cruise...

I don't mind tho...at least I know I pretty much got 'best price' for my cabin!

last fall, we had an aft wrap on the Miracle...8 nights to Bermuda....booked at $1399.....price dropped to $1299......and then AGAIN to $1089....

So...it can happen...just depends on how many are sold and how quickly....

(it was the best cabin ever!! Enjoy!)

tip: make sure your whirlpool tub works right away....we missed out on the first 3 days because the steward said we must be doing it wrong...come to find out, it was broken....repaired on the third day!! It was lovely!!

I've had 3 price drops on my aft wrap cabin 9472 category 8D on the Breeze for my August sailing. Have had 4 on my other cabin, a 4G and a total of $1440 so far.

Pam.

Yep, had 9472 on the Magic and ended up with $800 overall in price drops (booked a year out) and $400 of that was OBC. I know this is different than other wraps but it was so nice and such a bargain!!

We've had our 9C aft-wrap booked about 375 days out for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on the Victory. There is only 1 aft-wrap left to book and prices have remained steady. I also have an 8A premium and an 8M aft-extended booked on the same cruise and received only a $10 pp price drop, even though there is availabiilty for 95% of the 8M's (8A premiums are sold out). Hoping to see some drops over the summer as we get closer to cruising!

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

We are happy to have this special cabin! But .. will always keep looking for a special deal!!

One can keep wishing for OBC!!

Catrin

Hello,

thanks for any info!

Catrin

Hi Catrin-

We did an Aft Wrap for our 27 May departure on the Pride. We are 37 days out and I just checked the fare site and the sale price difference is $90 for the fun saver at this point. I'm going to call and see about OBC, but we booked AGES ago and I didn't see anything unitl now. Maybe as you get a little closer to departure?

Hope this helps! Have a great day!

Yep, had 9472 on the Magic and ended up with $800 overall in price drops (booked a year out) and $400 of that was OBC. I know this is different than other wraps but it was so nice and such a bargain!!

Thanks for the feedback on the cabin Steph - really looking forward to it and pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

Pam.

We don't have an aft wrap, but an aft cabin. This will be our 3rd. We booked ES all three times and never had a price drop b/c they sell out so fast. My current aft sold out about 2 months ago, and the price has gone up about $70 pp. We sail in Sept.2012 and don't expect any price drops! After all it's an aft and that is all that matters.

Archived