Dreams Resort

cruisinlawn

I just returned from my cruise today, and I also had planned a day at Dreams. We got to the taxi stand and the printed price was $60.00 round trip per van. It was just my sister and I so the day would have cost $90.00 each.LThey also limit the time thew will be willing to allow to come pick you up and charge for extra hours. If you opt for one way from two drivers, the fee is $45.00 per cab. Luckily some friends showed up and we decided to go to Bayahibe beach, which is just down from Dreams. There are several vendors, and a chair was $6.00 and there are planted trees on the beach so shade was not an issue. It was a perfect day, chairside drink service, and a few huts selling shirts and pottery. It is a very rustic setup, and the one downside is the restroom. We took one look and opted out. Othere than that, it was an inexpensive wonderful day. And being able to share a cab we negotiated for $6.00 pp round trip.

Can someone who has been to Dreams please verify pricing for me? I've read it's $60 for adults. What is the price for kids? The $60 includes all food, drinks, water fun, everything right?

Thanks for the info! :)

Can someone who has been to Dreams please verify pricing for me? I've read it's $60 for adults. What is the price for kids? The $60 includes all food, drinks, water fun, everything right?

Thanks for the info! :)

Kimbere...kids are 1/2 price. So says the concierge. We've got at least one 5 year old on the reservation list I'm compiling.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to go to Dreams on my cruise in May. There seems to be some differences in taxi prices with people. Does anyone know of a website that list taxi and van prices so that we can take a print out with us incase we run into problems.

• 4 months later...

Bumping this thread for taxi info.

I've searched tirelessly for Dreams reviews and there are a ton of threads on the topic. However, taxi prices are all over the map. I'm trying to gather a group together for a taxi van from the ship. How many people do the vans hold and what is the typical price either per person or per group, each way?

ANYTHING helps. Thanks! :D

• 3 weeks later...

My group of 9 is considering Dreams in Sept. we haven't contacted them yet but were wondering if they require deposits or if it was just pay when you show up. We may only have 8 going so we don't want to lose money!

Thanks! Allie

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...
You can email to reserve and you pay on site. :)

Seriously, we can pre-book this?

We are getting married on the Breeze and stop (2nd time in LaRomana) and we are all thinking of doing the Dreams for the day - my concern is that if we can't pre-book and 20+ of us want to do this for the day, will they be full - being able to pre-book removes that worry for me.

Do you have the link?

What can we expect as far as cost to get there or how long it will take

Oh I am so excited right now :)

I think we were allowed to eat wherever. We ended up at the to get out of the rain. We were not given wrist bands or anything so I'm not sure they would know if we were staying there or not.

FYI, Wrist bands are not used at Dreams Resorts. We took the Seavis Saona Island excursion when we were there on a cruise and we liked Bayahibe and the area so much we're staying at Dreams for 2 weeks next April. I know they have Presidente and Sol which is a great light beer, not sure what others they have.

Yes Louise is their e-concierge and is very helpful on Dreams questions. The Bayahibe forum on tripadvisor is also an excellent resource.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g663484-i11771-Bayahibe_La_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Thank you so much; do you know how long of a drive and cost it is to get to Dreams from the port?

Thank you so much; do you know how long of a drive and cost it is to get to Dreams from the port?

We've only gone there as part of the Seavis excursion and the taxi was $20pp roundtrip if I remember correctly. I don't know what the "normal" taxi fare is but perhaps Loiuse can help with that question too -

Enjoy!

Yes Louise is their e-concierge and is very helpful on Dreams questions. The Bayahibe forum on tripadvisor is also an excellent resource.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g663484-i11771-Bayahibe_La_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Louise is wonderful! I emailed her numerous times with questions and she always got back to me within the hour. Can't beat service like that. :)

DST - we're on the same cruise. Can't wait for Dreams!

Louise is wonderful! I emailed her numerous times with questions and she always got back to me within the hour. Can't beat service like that. :)

DST - we're on the same cruise. Can't wait for Dreams!

Yes we are....wanna come to a wedding :)

I think we are doing Dreams - finding transportation for 20+ people is going to be the fun part

How many are in your group, have you found transportation?

There are 4 of us. I've read that there are lots of cabs, so I guess we're just going to go that route.

I hate unknowns and wish there was a way to set up transportation through a service, but haven't found anything yet. I don't want to pester Louise with all my questions, but maybe I will shoot an email her way and ask about the best method of transport. I know the resort does not offer a shuttle, so that's out.

Just received this reply :)

Hi Gary,

There is a taxi service at the port that you can use, I am unsure how you

would have this pre arranged. I think you would just have to organize it on

the morning. We are roughly a 25 minute drive away and the price will be

determined by your driver, it can be anything between $50-$60 for a round

trip, but again this will have to be determined by the taxi company.

Kind regards

Louise

Louise Coley

E Concierge

Dreams La Romana

Playa Bayahibe

Tel: (809)221 8880

Fax: (809) 221 8881

econcierge.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

Thanks - Like you, I like to have everything organized so I don't have to think on vacation :)

I'll keep you posted if we find a guide to bring us......

We've done Dreams twice. You can just go to where the taxis are and tell them where you are going. They will try to put together a group for you in a van. You can always tell them you want to wait until there's enough to make it reasonable for you. I think we ended up with 9 and it was $15 pp round trip.

We've done Dreams twice. You can just go to where the taxis are and tell them where you are going. They will try to put together a group for you in a van. You can always tell them you want to wait until there's enough to make it reasonable for you. I think we ended up with 9 and it was $15 pp round trip.

Thanks - we are a group of 20+ so filling a van will be easy :)

When you did this, did you feel safe - no worrying about getting back to the ship?

Archived