Where is Enchantment after April 1, 2013?

Will she be in Baltimore for the spring/summer 0f 2013? Only one cruise departing on 4/1/13 is available for booking.

Nothing beyond her April 1, 2013 itinerary for Enchantment has been released yet. Her fate is in the hands of the deployment department.

It has been rumored that she will replace the Monarch and we will get a Radiance class ship as a replacement

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We also heard that rumor when we did the Member's Cruise on Enchantment back in April of 2011.

The Enchantment will replace Monarch till December

The Granduer is coming to Baltimore for spring summer and fall no winter sailings

This is fact and you will see it shortly

Ok, if that is true what happens after December at PC?

The Granduer is coming to Baltimore for spring summer and fall no winter sailings

Pfft!:mad: If that is true then they can keep Grandeur where ever it is now so far as I am concerned. I don't want to sail on that ship anymore. I'll either fly to Florida to cruise RCCL or hop on the Pride for any future Baltimore cruises.

Could you name the source of your fact please?

I have heard so many rumors about this that it is driving me nuts. The only thing I have heard is how sucessfull the cruise lines have been in Baltimore and how the port keeps breaking records for cruise passengers with the same two ships here. So I really dont understand why RCCL would only do seasonal cruises out of Baltimore or even worse pull out of Baltimore all together.:( If they do though hopefully the Port of Baltimore can find another line to take thier place.

I have heard so many rumors about this that it is driving me nuts. The only thing I have heard is how sucessfull the cruise lines have been in Baltimore and how the port keeps breaking records for cruise passengers with the same two ships here. So I really dont understand why RCCL would only do seasonal cruises out of Baltimore or even worse pull out of Baltimore all together.:( If they do though hopefully the Port of Baltimore can find another line to take thier place.

You are right Baltimore has been very successful for both cruise lines who sail from the port.

I could not understand the logic if Royal went to seasonal sailings and gave up market share to its competitor

Pfft!:mad: If that is true then they can keep Grandeur where ever it is now so far as I am concerned. I don't want to sail on that ship anymore. I'll either fly to Florida to cruise RCCL or hop on the Pride for any future Baltimore cruises.

Grandeur is getting upgrades June 1, 2012 including a Concierge Club and Diamond Club. Also flat screen TVs, pervasive Wi-Fi, new restaurants and many other things. Should be great!

I don't see how a larger class ship such as Radiance will make it under the two bridges. The Enchantment just makes it.

DW and I just sailed the Jewel (Radiance class) recently. She will fit under the Key and Bay Bridge. When we went under the Sunshine Bridge in Tampa the air draft for that bridge is 180.5 ft. The bridges here are 185 and 186 ft in air draft.

We were told on EN in March that the first Sunshine class ship is coming to Baltimore. We'll have to wait and see. I doubt they'll bring Grandeur BACK to Baltimore. It's a smaller ship and they easily sell out EN now. BTW, Sunshine WILL fit easily under the bridges as it's supposed to have a lower profile. I don't think anyone really knows.

We were told on EN in March that the first Sunshine class ship is coming to Baltimore. We'll have to wait and see. I doubt they'll bring Grandeur BACK to Baltimore. It's a smaller ship and they easily sell out EN now. BTW, Sunshine WILL fit easily under the bridges as it's supposed to have a lower profile. I don't think anyone really knows.

I don't think they will fit under the bridges here. It is reported to be 158000 gross tons and 4100 passengers. Here is a link to the sunshine project

http://www.*****.com/project-

]We were told on EN in March that the first Sunshine class ship is coming to Baltimore[/b]. We'll have to wait and see. I doubt they'll bring Grandeur BACK to Baltimore. It's a smaller ship and they easily sell out EN now. BTW' date=' Sunshine WILL fit easily under the bridges as it's supposed to have a lower profile. I don't think anyone really knows.[/quote']

And people sailing out of Bayonne have been told that the first Sunshine project ship is coming there. :rolleyes:

Ver interesting! Would love to see Navigator here!:D

The weird thing is that apparently they opened the bookings for that TA for about 1/2 hour then closed them. Don't know what is going on with that??:rolleyes::confused:

I don't think they will fit under the bridges here. It is reported to be 158000 gross tons and 4100 passengers. Here is a link to the sunshine project

http://www.*****.com/project-

Your link doesn't work, but the hotel manager on EN said it would fit and I've seen other posts stating it won't be too tall. That's why I said it had a lower profile. If it's longer and wider, it doesn't have to be taller to be 158000 tons. Height is not determined by tonnage.

Your link doesn't work, but the hotel manager on EN said it would fit and I've seen other posts stating it won't be too tall. That's why I said it had a lower profile. If it's longer and wider, it doesn't have to be taller to be 158000 tons. Height is not determined by tonnage.

I am well aware that height is not determined by tonnage.

Try this link:

http://www.*****.com/project-sunshine

Here is an exceprt form that website:

To put this in perspective, the Project Sunshine ship will be a 158,000-ton ship that will hold 4,100 passengers. If we compare that to a different Royal Caribbean cruise ship of similar size, such as Freedom of the Seas, Freedom is 160,000 gross tons but only carries 3,634 passengers.

Archived