Where is Enchantment after April 1, 2013?

I am well aware that height is not determined by tonnage.

Try this link:

http://www.*****.com/project-sunshine

Here is an exceprt form that website:

To put this in perspective, the Project Sunshine ship will be a 158,000-ton ship that will hold 4,100 passengers. If we compare that to a different Royal Caribbean cruise ship of similar size, such as Freedom of the Seas, Freedom is 160,000 gross tons but only carries 3,634 passengers.

And how tall will it be? That will determine if it will fit under the bridges now won't it?

Point is NO ONE knows, but to state a "fact" that it won't fit under the bridges when no one knows how tall it will be doesn't make it so.

We were told on EN in March that the first Sunshine class ship is coming to Baltimore. We'll have to wait and see. I doubt they'll bring Grandeur BACK to Baltimore. It's a smaller ship and they easily sell out EN now. BTW, Sunshine WILL fit easily under the bridges as it's supposed to have a lower profile. I don't think anyone really knows.

In some of the info released from Royal Caribbean the Sunshine class ships are to be sized between the Freedom Class and the Oasis. Neither of those class of ships can make it into Baltimore. If the Sunshine Class is of a lower profile as you state then it would have to be over 1200 to 1300 feet in length to compensate for the loss of vertical decks to accomodate the proposed number of passengers for this class. This is not likely since the ships size will be as I previously stated between Freedom and Oasis.

In some of the info released from Royal Caribbean the Sunshine class ships are to be sized between the Freedom Class and the Oasis. Neither of those class of ships can make it into Baltimore. If the Sunshine Class is of a lower profile as you state then it would have to be over 1200 to 1300 feet in length to compensate for the loss of vertical decks to accomodate the proposed number of passengers for this class. This is not likely since the ships size will be as I previously stated between Freedom and Oasis.

And, your math is based on what? 1200-1300 feet long comes from what calculation?

Point is NO ONE repeat NO ONE knows.

All I did was repeat what we were told in a room full of people in March and others have also reported hearing the same thing on our cruise on EN and others. And for some reason people decided to argue with me over what I was REPEATING/REPORTING. I never once said any of it was fact, now did I? Relax. LOL.

Why don't we just wait and see?

And, your math is based on what? 1200-1300 feet long comes from what calculation?

All I did was repeat what we were told in a room full of people in March and others have also reported hearing the same thing on our cruise on EN and others. And for some reason people decided to argue with me over what I was REPEATING/REPORTING. I never once said any of it was fact, now did I? Relax. LOL.

Whoa calm down!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Whoa calm down!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Seriously? Who turned my report into an argument? I repeat what is told and a couple of people pile on to tell me I'm wrong. How about telling RCI they're wrong because they're the ones who said it. And, I'm very calm.

As I've said, let's wait and see? :rolleyes:

NOW, has RCCL thought about Global Warming and the Rising Seas that go with it. Because the Governor CAN'T stop this from happening. He has NO, I repeat NO jurisdiction over glaciers melting. That 4 1/2 to 5 ft. clarence under the bridges is going to be nothing. Plus Florida will get the first SunShine Ship- We are after all The SUNSHINE State!!!! This is a Fact. I read it on Wikipedia

Easy now. I am not disputing what you where told. I am just disagreeing with what you were told. My math is based on knowing the current size of the Freedom and Oasis and extrapolating the loss of height needed to accomodate the bridge heights and still have a ship capable of carrying 4100 passengers. Oasis Class ships are 18 decks tall (not counting mast height) and Freedom Class ships are 15 decks tall (not counting mast height). To be able to accomodate the number of cabins needed for 4100 passengers the length of the ship would be close to 200ft longer than Oasis and Freedom and that length could vary based on the intended beam of the ship.

I will agree with you as far as who knows? The only ones who truely know are the head honchos in Miami. I think we all know from the Q&A sessions on the different ships that usually the Captain is the closest to being right about the rumor mill and a ships hotel mgr. is much lower on the totem pole of knowledge.

Again I am not disputing what you were told, I only disagree with what you and others were told by a less than knowledgeable staff member.

I agree, let's just see what happens. I can also promise you that if I am wrong I won't hold a grudge and would be more than happy to buy you a drink if I ever have the chance to cruise with you sometime in the future. :)

Wow, the masses seem to be a little wound up tonight. Not to cause anymore excitement but the specifics haven't been released for the sunshine project ships yet. So we are all just dealing with speculations again but just for an example. The new Disney Dream is 128000GRT, can carry 4000 passengers, and can fit into Baltimore. So if your numbers are right the sunshine ships are obviously larger in weight but we really need the air draft to determine if the can fit under the bridges or not.

Easy now. I am not disputing what you where told. I am just disagreeing with what you were told. My math is based on knowing the current size of the Freedom and Oasis and extrapolating the loss of height needed to accomodate the bridge heights and still have a ship capable of carrying 4100 passengers. Oasis Class ships are 18 decks tall (not counting mast height) and Freedom Class ships are 15 decks tall (not counting mast height). To be able to accomodate the number of cabins needed for 4100 passengers the length of the ship would be close to 200ft longer than Oasis and Freedom and that length could vary based on the intended beam of the ship.

I will agree with you as far as who knows? The only ones who truely know are the head honchos in Miami. I think we all know from the Q&A sessions on the different ships that usually the Captain is the closest to being right about the rumor mill and a ships hotel mgr. is much lower on the totem pole of knowledge.

Again I am not disputing what you were told, I only disagree with what you and others were told by a less than knowledgeable staff member.

I agree, let's just see what happens. I can also promise you that if I am wrong I won't hold a grudge and would be more than happy to buy you a drink if I ever have the chance to cruise with you sometime in the future. :)

The Captain was there and did not dispute it. I'm pretty sure this was told to us at the Top Tier event and it was volunteered info. No one asked. We have also been told by the Captain at the Q&A that RCI was staying in Baltimore and that Freedom would definitely not fit due to it's height. But, height can be adjusted by just a few feet on new builds to fit under certain bridges. I know there are other ports where bridges can be an issue. Isn't Tampa a problem that has to worked around with Tides? And I know there are others. They have to take that into consideration if they want to move ships around as often as they have started doing.

Grandeur is getting upgrades June 1, 2012 including a Concierge Club and Diamond Club. Also flat screen TVs, pervasive Wi-Fi, new restaurants and many other things. Should be great!

Here is a link to the fleetwide upgrades:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

While there seems to be a great deal of speculation on which ship will be in Baltimore for the 2013 season, does anyone know when the official news will be broken?

Thank you,

Derek

While there seems to be a great deal of speculation on which ship will be in Baltimore for the 2013 season, does anyone know when the official news will be broken?

Thank you,

Derek

Derek, yesterday RCCL revised their deployment schedule for Baltimore and other regional deployments. Currently it shows the release of the 2013 Baltimore summer/winter schedule to be announced during the week of May 7th, 2012.

Here's the link: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2012/Deployment/12027514-2012_Deployment/home.html

Oasis is coming to Baltimore. The Governor is going to lower the Chesapeake enough so it will clear the bridges according to Obama.

This is the best statement yet!

(Almost as good is the statement believing everything you read on Wikipedia to be a fact.)

Adam, is it possible for larger ships to call on the port of Baltimore? I understand the bridges across the bay and in Baltimore are somewhat limiting in ship size, but is it possible for ships larger than Enchantment of the Seas to call there? - Marshall J.

You are correct that the larger ships cannot call into Baltimore. The air draft is not sufficient for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and the Key Bridge for ships bigger than Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment of the Seas is the largest ship in our fleet which can call or turn in Baltimore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly after seeing the planned "re-vitalization" schedule, I'd rather see the Grandeur back in Charm City. I would welcome the dining choices. Considering that is is a bigger (longer) ship, Enchantment is getting short shrift in the upgrades department.

I have also heard the rumor from an RCCL spokesman at a travel event that one of the new project sunshine ships will likely be home ported in Cape Liberty. They are really being close-mouthed about this new class. It will be between the Freedom and Voyager class in size. Neither will fit in Baltimore.

Royal ought to give some thought to what Carnival did in 2002 and build a new class of longer Vision-sized ships exclusively for home ports. There is money there.

Pfft!:mad: If that is true then they can keep Grandeur where ever it is now so far as I am concerned. I don't want to sail on that ship anymore. I'll either fly to Florida to cruise RCCL or hop on the Pride for any future Baltimore cruises.

I agree!! We sailed the Grandeur when it was here before....many times....no CL lounge....less cabins.....no Chops...etc. I can not understand why they would send it back. Since the Enchantment sails full on each sailing....why would they send a ship with less cabins? I'll go with the speculation that the Radiance class is coming....makes more sense to me!

Adam, is it possible for larger ships to call on the port of Baltimore? I understand the bridges across the bay and in Baltimore are somewhat limiting in ship size, but is it possible for ships larger than Enchantment of the Seas to call there? - Marshall J.

You are correct that the larger ships cannot call into Baltimore. The air draft is not sufficient for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and the Key Bridge for ships bigger than Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment of the Seas is the largest ship in our fleet which can call or turn in Baltimore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly after seeing the planned "re-vitalization" schedule, I'd rather see the Grandeur back in Charm City. I would welcome the dining choices. Considering that is is a bigger (longer) ship, Enchantment is getting short shrift in the upgrades department.

I have also heard the rumor from an RCCL spokesman at a travel event that one of the new project sunshine ships will likely be home ported in Cape Liberty. They are really being close-mouthed about this new class. It will be between the Freedom and Voyager class in size. Neither will fit in Baltimore.

Royal ought to give some thought to what Carnival did in 2002 and build a new class of longer Vision-sized ships exclusively for home ports. There is money there.

How sad if that is true that the Grandeur may return to B-more. Why send a ship with fewer cabins, less to offer, and take the larger ship away? BWI has always filled the Enchantment with each sailing. That just doesn't make sense to me.

How sad if that is true that the Grandeur may return to B-more. Why send a ship with fewer cabins, less to offer, and take the larger ship away? BWI has always filled the Enchantment with each sailing. That just doesn't make sense to me.

With the upgrades Grandeur is getting versus those of Enchantment, I would wholeheartedly welcome Grandeur back. Check the following link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

Archived