Suggestions Please

Winesnob09

:o I'm traveling with my parents who are in their 60's and not very active, actually my mother is afraid of everything, and my aunt who is in her 50's and wears very thick glasses and is blind without them. We'd like to explore something cultural but nothing that requires a lot of walking or climbing. I know I'm going to be pulling my hair out by the end of this cruise but any help or suggestions would be GREAT!!!

I'm guessing ziplining is out?

Not sure at which port you will dock. We docked in Coxen Hole and did a ships tour to Maya Cay. It was an easy 5 minute boat ride from the pier and was a most relaxing and enjoyable time.

They have a zoo for rescued animals that was impressive. Absolutely beautiful beaches to lounge by, and a buffet lunch with delicious food was included.

Check out their list of activities.

DSCN1914.jpg.1d06134be59211d08de4e458dcc451a3.jpg

DSCN1916.jpg.322a2ec0d29c3c87df088e9a565a9a02.jpg

DSCN1924.jpg.02dfcb7e625b55c93fe44696aae85c5d.jpg

DSCN1967.jpg.1af64c6caa817f00295674e53486ab89.jpg

You might look at one of the two big tour companies for a private tour and choose spots you want to see. See the victor Bodden or rony's tour companies talked about a lot here on this board. Their web sites list different spots they can take you. ANd if you do a private driver, you really can call the shots any way you'd like for as long as you want. More cost efficient than a cruise ship excursion.

I would also suggest a private tour. That way, you can be totally comfortable, seeing what you want, stopping when you want, not to mention that you will get the personal attention of the driver. We booked a Rony's tour in February and highly recommend them. They're extremely capable, friendly, very accommodating - and the price is right!

They have a long list of places available for you to see - you choose the itinerary. Or, they can make recommendations as well.

I totally understand about travelling with people of limited ability, as my mother is almost blind as well, but be assured that there is no worry about booking a private tour on this island.

I would highly recommend setting up a private tour. I used Syvonnie (who works with Shore Trips, but does private tours on her own.) She was excellent. She will pick all of you up at the pier in her very nice, new air conditioned van and will show you the entire island or take you to do whatever you would like to do. I found her to be much better than the large tour companies that work in Roatan. Her tour is with her, not one of her agents and she is extremely knowledgeable about the island.

Her email is SyvonnieB@yahoo.com if you would like to email her for more information and book her privately (without Shore Trips), or you can book with Shore Trips and request to have Syvonnie as your driver.

Archived