Maasdam new itineraries

bobpell

Just got off Maasdam. Its itinerary which was delivered to our cabin is as follows:

42 day roundtrip FLL to Rome Oct. 19, 2012

49 day Amazon & carnival Explorer Jan. 18, 2013 FLL to Rio return

Bobpell

PS...cabin steward not happy...cleans 29 rooms now instead of 14!!!

Costa costs !!!

Costa costs !!!

Yes, but there are now two stewards per 29 rooms where there used to one per 14 or 15. That change happened long before the Concordia catastrophe, if that's what you're implying caused it.

In another thread one steward said that between 2 people they had 60. Kinda hard to believe that.
Very! Even if they were shorthanded for some reason I don't think they'd dump 30 extra on any two steward.

Just got off Maasdam. Its itinerary which was delivered to our cabin is as follows:

Bobpell

Costa costs !!!

Thanks

This is not new about the cabin stewards cleaning so many cabins. It has been in affect for at least 3 years -- maybe more -- I have lost track.

Ours used to clean 9 Deluxe suites -- now 2 of them have 30 cabins to take care of.

Bobpell

Costa costs !!!

We saw those itineraries and they look great. The Amazon itinerary was announced some time ago.

Not something we will be doing at this point but nice for those who are interested in them.

I'm happy they finally announced Maasdam will continue to do Canada/New England in 2013. For a while, that seemed to be in question.

42 day roundtrip FLL to Rome Oct. 19, 2012 has been available for months and is starting to fill up in some categories.

We did the 45 day version of this trip last year. And I would have to say that was one of our best trips. The sailing across the Atlantic was smooth both ways. Only days we had rain were in Naples and Gibraltar. And it was just some sprinkles for a short time and then was over.

They cut some ports from last years cruise---Tortola, Portimeo (which many didn't like), Palmero (Sicily) and Naples (they are doing two days in Sorrento instead of one in Sorrento and the next in Naples). Also, the cruise goes about 9 days early and returns at the end of December instead of the 12th of December.

We had some incredible speakers on board. They even brought someone onboard to talk just about Gibraltar. And another gentleman to talk about Barcelona and Las Palmas, Mallorca.

And no flying to Europe unless you took just half the cruise.

We did the 45 day version of this trip last year. And I would have to say that was one of our best trips. The sailing across the Atlantic was smooth both ways. Only days we had rain were in Naples and Gibraltar. And it was just some sprinkles for a short time and then was over.

They cut some ports from last years cruise---Tortola, Portimeo (which many didn't like), Palmero (Sicily) and Naples (they are doing two days in Sorrento instead of one in Sorrento and the next in Naples). Also, the cruise goes about 9 days early and returns at the end of December instead of the 12th of December.

We had some incredible speakers on board. They even brought someone onboard to talk just about Gibraltar. And another gentleman to talk about Barcelona and Las Palmas, Mallorca.

And no flying to Europe unless you took just half the cruise.

I'm curious what the passenger mix was like.

Certainly I expect mostly retired folks who had the time but were they very active, well traveled, interesting folks? Well mannered without the pushing and shoving we sometimes find in the Caribbean?

Were they interesting?

Complainers?

Enthusiastic types and actively involved in touring?

Or all of the above? :D

Archived