Question From A "Clean Freak"

vacationfun

DH got me "When will Jesus pass the pork chops" for Christmas. Love Carlin. Think I'll have some Twinkies and a hot dog now. Feeling low on chemicals.:D

As George Carlin said: "Your body needs them chemicals". The clorox/alcohol wipes are all we use, no lysol.

And you know why, don't you? Because people are drowning their living spaces in Lysol!

Sure, wash your hands before eating (and many other times during the day) - soap and water work very, very well. The alcohol cleanser is a "when I can't get to soap and water" substitute and should be used as such. But drowning the cabin in Lysol does virtually nothing for your health.

Dave, I couldn't agree with you more!!! Good 'ole soap and hot water is the absolute best thing you can do to prevent contamination. Beyond that you've got 65% fantastic advertising gimmick and 35% substitution for soap and water when you can't get to it.

But alcohol wipes, hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial wipes are sure making a heck of a lot of people a heck of a lot of money.:D

Hard to use hot soap and water on the TV remote. Tends to make it not work very well. I'm glad the nurse wipes my arm with alcohol and not soap and water before taking my blood sample.

Despite the sarcasm, I'm quite sure you knew what I meant;) .

Alcohol has had its place for decades. And if you want to wipe down your remote with alcohol, by all means do it.

The current obsession with the removal of all bacteria from every surface in our lives has resulted in the weakening of our own natural antibodies. I don't suggest for a moment that we shouldn't take precautions, but to wipe down every surface with alcohol is compulsive.

Gee whiz...didn't mean to open up such a can of worms. We're not obsessive/compulsive so as to sanitize our entire room, but we do plan to actually INGEST the ice in the ice bucket. And after hearing about the TV special on what they found in ice buckets...??? A little caution seems well advised. Thanks, everyone, for your input.

Archived