Majesty is heading back to Boston...

suemac

I second that!!

We sailed on the Majesty last year, it was our first cruise and what a wonderful time we had. The Majesty may not be the biggest ship afloat, but she is a gem!! and her staff is wonderful!!

We know spring is officially here when the Majesty arrives in Boston for the Boston-Bermuda sailings!
My thoughts exactly! We hope to watch her sailaway tomorrow. It's been a tradition since we first sailed the ship 11 years ago to watch her first sailing from Boston each year. One of those years, we were lucky enough to be onboard.

tippingd, we will also be on the August 14 cruise. :)

We'll be sad to see the Majesty leave the Bermuda run. We've sailed her seven times over the past 10 years. Does anyone know if NCL will continue to sail to Bermuda from Boston? If so, what ship would they use? We've been told by one of the local "experts" that the Crown will fit into St. George, but just barely. I don't believe that NCL has another ship of that size.

Jack and Ginger

We've been told by one of the local "experts" that the Crown will fit into St. George, but just barely. I don't believe that NCL has another ship of that size.

Jack and Ginger

The Crown does indeed fit through the cut into St. Georges. She sails there weekly during the spring summer and early autumn. Unfortunately, the Crown is also one of the "Smaller" vessels which will be removed from the fleet and transferred to the Orient side. We'll just have to wait and see if NCL will continue a Boston to Bermuda itinerary after 2006. Perhaps they can use the larger vessels and anchor outside of St. Georges Harbor and tender in? Dunno!

Hi everyone. I'm so glad I decided to drop in on your thread. I've been trying to get info on when the Majesty is scheduled for retirement. Does anyone know a date? We sailed out of Charleston on the Majesty in 01/05 and had an awesome trip. Our friends were hoping to do the same trip in 11/06. Will she still be in service then? Thanks in advance for any info.

Guest nhrich

I spoke with a couple of managers at NCL a couple of weeks back at a seminar. They have not decided yet (at least that's what they're saying) when the Majesty will be sent back to Star Cruises. Basically, their agreement with Star is that each time NCL accepts delivery of a new ship, they'll return one of the older ships back to Star. This will continue until the Majesty, Crown, Dream, Wind, and Sea have all gone back. The Sea will be going back this summer, but the order of the others has not been returned.

I expressed concern about maintaining the Boston to Bermuda route, and they agreed that it's an important itinerary for them. I know that there's been a lot of talk on here about 2006 being the last year for the Majesty, but there's been no announcement from NCL of that being true.

Yes, the Crown will fit through the cut, but that ship is being used on the NY, Philly, and Baltimore runs. None of the newer ships will fit through, so unless the cut is enlarged (which there has been some talk of), NCL won't be replacing the Majesty and Crown with ships that go to St. George. If Bermuda is serious about keeping the cruise ships coming, they'll need to widen the cut. There's not enough room in Hamilton and the Dockyards for all of the ships that are going there, IMO.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Welcome home your Majesty. Hope someone will post a detailed review of the repo cruise. Wish I had been there.

I can't wait to hear how wackes1 made out with the plan to not establish an onboard account and avoid the $10 service charge :eek:

The repo was wonderful, food was great, staff was excellent... some hit or misses here and there, an overall elderly passenger make-up, some bad weather, mostly wonderful weather... overall excellent cruise!

Shoreguy, let it go, he's a very nice guy and I never saw him be anything other than wonderful to the members of staff he interacted with... he and his partner attended several of the cruise critic gatherings we had...

speaking of, we had a solid group of about 20-25 that met for 2 separate gatherings, and a dinner. Not bad for one of NCL's smallest ships! Several of us also had many dinners, craft corners (:rolleyes: ), excursions, shows, drinks, gambing, and many good times together as well, thank goodness for cruise critic, knowing so many people before we even got on board was great! I even heard my name called out behind me at the muster drill by a fellow CCer and her Husband, and that set the tone for the rest of the cruise.

I'll post a reveiw later on, but wanted to check in and say hello... so sad to come home!

The repo was wonderful, food was great, staff was excellent... some hit or misses here and there, an overall elderly passenger make-up, some bad weather, mostly wonderful weather... overall excellent cruise!

Shoreguy, let it go, he's a very nice guy and I never saw him be anything other than wonderful to the members of staff he interacted with... he and his partner attended several of the cruise critic gatherings we had...

speaking of, we had a solid group of about 20-25 that met for 2 separate gatherings, and a dinner. Not bad for one of NCL's smallest ships! Several of us also had many dinners, craft corners (:rolleyes: ), excursions, shows, drinks, gambing, and many good times together as well, thank goodness for cruise critic, knowing so many people before we even got on board was great! I even heard my name called out behind me at the muster drill by a fellow CCer and her Husband, and that set the tone for the rest of the cruise.

I'll post a reveiw later on, but wanted to check in and say hello... so sad to come home!

Glad you had a great cruise. I am sure he was a nice guy just enjoyed stiring the pot. My post was more in jest.

Just back from the repositioning from Charleston. The Majesty will be sailing to Bermuda until the end of 2007 season, Bermuda's government is going thru a transition and has extended its contract with NCL one year because differing opinions on widening the cut in St Georges.

A lot of the familar faces are back for another season amongst the crew. Quite a few of the crew members will be going on a two month vacation and will be reasigned to either the Star or the Jewel when they return. The staff are still as friendly as ever. Only had two bad days on the cruise, the first day out of Charleston, the seas were very rough, a lot of passengers never ventured out side of their cabins and the last day before sailing into Boston overcast and windy but the temp was still in the low 70's.

shoreguy: had a sighting of the Wackes1, If you could picture in your mind an image of the couple behind the writing of the posts, you wouldn't be far off, their personally is exactly the same. Don't know if the protested the service charge because they were not called to the reception desk this morning to settle up their account.

The only dissapointment on the cruise was the cruise director Pedro and his staff, they were not interactive with the passengers either on deck or below.

Sorry to say Pedro cannot hold a candle to Bruise Kid and Ruby to entertain the passengers. The off-ship entertainers were excellent and very professional.

The itinerary was much better than last years with 13 days of fun in the sun, the only drawback(?) was five islands in five days. Overall a very relaxing cruise, so much so already booked for next years repo.:)

I just watched her leave a few minutes ago. It was worth coming into the office for :) . She's beautiful, as always, and made her way gracefully into Boston Harbor. Bon voyage to all the lucky cruisers on board!

Overall a very relaxing cruise, so much so already booked for next years repo.:)

We are seriously considering this cruise for next year. We live in SC and would rent a car and take another week to tour the east coast and drive back home from Boston.

We homeschool 2 boys who will be 5 and 9 then. I am guessing there were few kids on the ship because it is so long?? I don't expect piles of kids, but would not want my 2 boys to the *only* kids on the ship.

We like the idea of all of the different places. It will make a wonderful homeschool project for us as we study the different places over the next year =)

We cruised a month ago, just dh and me, for our anniversary. We sailed the Caribbean Princess, which is a much bigger and newer ship. I am nervous we would be disappointed with a smaller, older ship. Although, honestly...we did not even use most of the ship. We went to the same floors all of the time.

Anyone sail a bigger ship and go back down to a smaller ship? Thoughts on that?

TIA! Can't wait to read all of the reviews about this particular trip =)

I hope that all of you who are sailing on the Majesty Boston/Bermuda Cruise THIS year have such a good time that you will consider joining us on our Cruise Critic Group Cruise NEXT year!!! (We're planning on August 2006!) I've been told that we could have our prices this week sometime!!!

Go - Have a great time - and please consider joining us next year!!!

Archived